Unfriending a co-worker can constitute workplace bullying

jos

Roberts claimed almost 20 incidents from her three years with the company. These included being forbidden from changing the temperature on the AC in the office. One of them, though, was deeply heinous: Bird unfriended Roberts on Facebook. The commission clearly felt that the unfriending was bullying. In finding for Roberts, it said: "This action by Mrs. Bird evinces a lack of emotional maturity and is indicative of unreasonable behavior." 

the commission's Nicole Wells decreed: "I am of the view that Mrs. Bird took the first opportunity to draw a line under the relationship with Ms, Roberts on 29 January 2015, when she removed her as a friend on Facebook as she did not like Ms. Roberts and would prefer not to have to deal with her. I am satisfied that the evidence of Ms. Roberts, as to the incident on 29 January 2015, is to be preferred and that the allegation of unreasonable behavior by Mrs. Bird in Allegation 17 is made out."

A word of advice do not add anyone as friend in Facebook..If you unfriend you are bullying.. better play it safe..

Source: http://www.cnet.com/news/facebook-unfriending-can-constitute-workplace-bullying-court-says/

people are idiots

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

People are mixing up "can" and "is". It can be a sign or part of bullying but it is not absolute.

Utter BS, now I'm not allowed to dislike people? Say I work in a school with 100 other teachers and I see them every day in the teacher's room, would I have to talk to all of them and be friends with them on facebook lol.

People are mixing up "can" and "is". It can be a sign or part of bullying but it is not absolute.

Except it shouldn't be "can" at all. Unfriending someone is exactly as the word implies: no longer being friends with someone. No longer being somebodies friend does not mean you are bullying them. It means you no longer want anything to do with them. To bully someone means you are either physically or emotionally harming someone with your strength, or through means of intimidation. This will NEVER be a law, nor will it ever be enforceable in court. 

Cyber Bullying in and of itself annoys me. You can turn your internet/computer off. You can't turn a physical bully off. You have to either face them, or get someone else that can put them in their place. 

We are screwed as a species if this is what the adults of our generation are concerned about. Clearly some people have been raised to think the world is all sunshine and rainbows.

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

These included being forbidden from changing the temperature on the AC in the office.​

So yet another butt hurt social marxist feminist? Seriously this epidemic of offended retards needs to stop.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

And this, ladies and gents, is why I try to keep my online life separate from my offline life...

Yeah right, I'd laugh to persona like that so much... Bullying, hahahaha. Those people don't know nothing. Ill world this is...

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

That's so very easy to get around with a counter-suit. "freedom of association". You don't have to be friends with anyone that you don't want to be friends with.

Also, fucking moronic that you would have to explain that to them.

Edit: Wow, Australia? WTF m8

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

This is ridiculous but I'm not really suprised. This whole "only support and agreement allowed" mentality where you can't say anything against something is getting out of hand (well, unless you happen to be a feminazi, then you can talk shit about and blame anyone you don't like). Forced acceptance and "we're all friends here" work environments won't work.

Unfriended a co-worker at my last job because her attitude pissed me off. She was seriously shocked. It's just Facebook, so get over it.

Don't get me wrong, bullying is a terrible thing, but getting offended over being unfriended on Facebook is just a whiny person being easily offended and and throwing a tantrum.

Do people actually get a notification that says you unfriended them on Facebook?

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

Claim to be irritated or angered by something other people do and you're a horrible hateful person who needs to deal with your issues.

Claim to be offended or violated by that same thing and they're horrible hateful oppressors who need to be held responsible for their persecution of you in a court of law.

Got it.

ah i am soooo glad i dont have facebook. never have to deal with work spying on me or people getting mad at me for unfriending them. ah the life of a smart person is truely glorious...

This is just beyond silly...

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

Weewooweewoo here come the PC police

That's why it's important to isolate work from play. If you're active on facebook, be very aware of what content you let your friends access to.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

Well, that's what you get for using a stupid social site.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Do people actually get a notification that says you unfriended them on Facebook?

No. You got to find out by yourself by visiting his page or take note of your friends count and investagate when it goes down by one. 

I think there's app that do that automatically. But seriously, who use such app ? Yep, that kind of people...