DDR5-5600 Doesn’t work when set to correct frequency.

Mike12345
Go to solution Solved by RONOTHAN##,
2 hours ago, Mike12345 said:

and the motherboard can hold 8000mhz

Just want to say that this implies a god-tier CPU IMC. If you want it to actually work at XMP on more than 1-2% of CPUs, you would need to drop down to 7200 or 6800. Also, that 8000MT/s rating is only for 2x24GB kits, not 4x16GB or 4x32. 

ram is FF3D564G5600HC36BDC01

So you're trying to run 128GB of RAM. That's your problem. Running four dual rank sticks just doesn't work at high speeds. The absolute best CPUs can do 4x32GB at 5600MT/s, and a lot can't do above 4400MT/s without a ton of effort. If you care about RAM speed, ditch two of your sticks. 

My ram sticks are Team TForce DDR5-5600 frequency rated. Computer boots up as 3600 frequency, when I go into bios and change it either into XMP mode or directly change the frequency from 3600 to 5600 the computer doesn’t boot up or boots in UEFI. I have removed ram sticks and tested with the others and done this for all 4 sticks that I have. I haven’t figured out the issue yet asking for a friend.

40 minutes ago, Mike12345 said:

My ram sticks are Team TForce DDR5-5600 frequency rated. Computer boots up as 3600 frequency, when I go into bios and change it either into XMP mode or directly change the frequency from 3600 to 5600 the computer doesn’t boot up or boots in UEFI. I have removed ram sticks and tested with the others and done this for all 4 sticks that I have. I haven’t figured out the issue yet asking for a friend.

Is the BIOS on the latest version?  Some BIOS versions on DDR5 motherboard greatly improved RAM stability and compatability.

What is the exact model number and what motherboard are you using? 4 sticks of DDR5 is likely going to give you some problems. 

using 4 sticks , and expecting them to reach their advertised maximum overclock speed , is probably the issue.

11 hours ago, RONOTHAN## said:

What is the exact model number and what motherboard are you using? 4 sticks of DDR5 is likely going to give you some problems. 

Model number of the ram is FF3D564G5600HC36BDC01 I’m using the AsRock Z790 Nova WiFi.

12 hours ago, Hinjima said:

Is the BIOS on the latest version?  Some BIOS versions on DDR5 motherboard greatly improved RAM stability and compatability.

The BIOs are updated yes and the motherboard can hold 8000mhz

and the motherboard can hold 8000mhz

Just want to say that this implies a god-tier CPU IMC. If you want it to actually work at XMP on more than 1-2% of CPUs, you would need to drop down to 7200 or 6800. Also, that 8000MT/s rating is only for 2x24GB kits, not 4x16GB or 4x32. 

ram is FF3D564G5600HC36BDC01

So you're trying to run 128GB of RAM. That's your problem. Running four dual rank sticks just doesn't work at high speeds. The absolute best CPUs can do 4x32GB at 5600MT/s, and a lot can't do above 4400MT/s without a ton of effort. If you care about RAM speed, ditch two of your sticks. 

7 hours ago, RONOTHAN## said:

What would you say would be better? Keeping the 3600 mhz and 128gb or 5600 mhz and 64gb?

42 minutes ago, Mike12345 said:

What would you say would be better? Keeping the 3600 mhz and 128gb or 5600 mhz and 64gb?

Do you need 128GB of RAM? If you're not doing anything that takes advantage of it, having the extra RAM in your system will do nothing to help performance, so having it run slower is just worse for performance. If you are using more than 64GB of RAM, then having slow ram is much better for performance than running out of RAM and you should keep the 128GB.