Smoking Barrels - LTT's Unnofficial Gun Club!

Jack.EXE
27 minutes ago, Jito463 said:

The one I posted about above has adjustable belt clips on both sides, so you can even cant it a bit if you like (make one clip lower than the other).  I initially tried putting as far down as possible, but it just didn't fit well for me (I'm a big guy), so I ended up in the middle, and it fits pretty well.  I'm currently trying out carrying at work with it, and so far, so good.

Alright, thanks for the suggestion.  I'll keep it in mind.  For reference, look at the techna clips for LCPs, and how low it makes the gun ride in the waist band.. I'm looking for something comparable to that.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

I am shopping for a Savage 116 in .375 Ruger for a project. I am going to get the one linked if they still have them when I have the funds (whenever that is :( ) but I have running searches on Gunbroker, Armslist etc to get the best price possible. If any one here knows a good place to find one of these, used or new, in the stainless/synthetic (barrel length don't matter) variety post or pm me if you would. 

My stepdad and I drove all the way out to Williston yesterday to use the free, state-ran, gun range. It’s actuallu the closest gun range since the Minot Gun Club wants to charge $300 for a membership since they’re the only gun range for 100 miles or so.

Anyways, had fun.  Those Denver Broncos grips I got from my uncle broke unfortunately.

I did get my rifle mostly sighted in.  We forgot our shooting bench, so I was using these gun chucks things.  They moved too much to get a complete zero.  But I am on the target now and pretty damn close.

I’m also including some pics of my rifle.

F3635E4D-F195-43BB-906C-FF82599202F5.jpeg

6062E94E-5E8F-434F-ADAC-587619532753.jpeg

F40DEB14-25CB-4C29-94BF-C28844D6BE52.jpeg

I was out Saturday doing half mile stuff. 5.5 MILs elevation.

image.png.08f44ae0e4d13d138158e3af3fb51ab2.png

See the dark hole on the horizon? That's 1/2 Mile.

image.png.27bf916792f6358b89a3b7c6458e9c82.png

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

600 yard single shot cold bore competition in a few weeks. closest to center gets the chicken dinner.

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

Picking up a matching number 1938 Mosin Nagant Saturday. Not the hex bolt one sadly, but the price is under 300$ and it comes with all manner of original goodies.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/21/2018 at 12:10 AM, dukenukems said:

what would be a good starter gun for self protection?I live in the united states.I have never owned or used a gun before.

Smith and Wesson Shield in 9mm.

Inexpensive.

Reliable.

Tons of support for parts/accessories and holsters.

Easy to conceal.

Does anyone know where i can get KWC/Cybergun parts?  I'm looking for a magazine spring as circled in this pic

Spoiler

co2-magazine-spring-for-kwc-kcb-76-m1911.jpg

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

On 9/30/2018 at 10:30 PM, knightslugger said:

I was out Saturday doing half mile stuff. 5.5 MILs elevation.

See the dark hole on the horizon? That's 1/2 Mile.

Wish I could find a range like that around here. I've got a Savage Model 10 FP-SR that I've been wanting to site in and really stretch the legs on.

Image result for savage model 10 fp-sr

Not my actual gun but a mine is the same. Minus a leather sling and nice bushnell optic.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

8 hours ago, YouSirAreADudeSir said:

Does anyone know where i can get KWC/Cybergun parts?  I'm looking for a magazine spring as circled in this pic

Reveal hidden contents

co2-magazine-spring-for-kwc-kcb-76-m1911.jpg

A quick search on DDG of "KWC/Cybergun parts" netted several results.

https://www.gasblowbackcentral.com/collections/rwa-kwc-cybergun-elite-force-co2-1911-parts

http://www.airsoftmegastore.com/Brands/47-Cybergun-at-airsoft-megastore.aspx

https://www.evike.com/shop/28/23/57/639/

So I read much about how much of a bastard the Mosin is in recoil.

So I wore a heavy wool (Swedish Winter Military) coat and cranked it off at the local outdoor range.

I don't know what kind of people have fired Mosins in the past, but the recoil (148-204 grain stuff) was very controllable and not at all what I expected.

So, yeah, I'm hooked...

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

5 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

So I wore a heavy wool (Swedish Winter Military) coat and cranked it off at the local outdoor range.

I don't know what kind of people have fired Mosins in the past, but the recoil (148-204 grain stuff) was very controllable and not at all what I expected.

So, yeah, I'm hooked...

Mosins are fun, and I agree, some people on the internet are pretty recoil sensitive, they really aren't bad to shoot. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

16 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

So, yeah, I'm hooked...

The recoil didn’t feel any worse to me than a .308.  Hell, our G3 I felt had a tiny bit more recoil.  But I’d for sure say it’s comparable to my bolt-action.  

If the rifle is heavy enough, it could feel like shooting a .22LR. I see a ton of guys load their buttstocks with lead just for that exact reason, and proceed to shoot 6BR.

System specs:

Opinions about the Taurus RT410 "Judge"? 

I'm contemplating buying one next year, i currently have a PT 838 (also from Taurus) that i only shot on the range, never had to use out of it.

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB

Peripherals: Mice: Cooler Master MM720 /// Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 SE (Cherry Silver), Blitzwolf BW-KB1 (Gateron Reds) /// Monitor: Acer XZ320Q 32' (VA, 1080p @240hz) /// AMP: Topping PA3 (Onkyo Integra A-817XD undergoing restoration) /// DAC: Weiliang SU5 /// Speakers: AAT BSF-100 /// Mike: Alctron CS35U /// Headphones: Blon B8, ISK MDH-9000

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX

43 minutes ago, Chevy_Monsenhor said:

I'm contemplating buying one next year, i currently have a PT 838 (also from Taurus) that i only shot on the range, never had to use out of it.

I think the judge is a poor idea, poorly executed. 

If you really really feel the need to shoot a .410 shell out of a handgun, for some reason I can't understand, the Smith and Wesson Governor is better made and allows for 45ACP as well. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Just now, Real_PhillBert said:

I think the judge is a poor idea, poorly executed. 

If you really really feel the need to shoot a .410 shell out of a handgun, for some reason I can't understand, the Smith and Wesson Governor is better made and allows for 45ACP as well. 

Yeah, unfortunately i can't get anything compatible with 45acp here, its a restricted caliber.

Not that i would "need it", just for the sport, like i said i never shot my 838 outside the range

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB

Peripherals: Mice: Cooler Master MM720 /// Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 SE (Cherry Silver), Blitzwolf BW-KB1 (Gateron Reds) /// Monitor: Acer XZ320Q 32' (VA, 1080p @240hz) /// AMP: Topping PA3 (Onkyo Integra A-817XD undergoing restoration) /// DAC: Weiliang SU5 /// Speakers: AAT BSF-100 /// Mike: Alctron CS35U /// Headphones: Blon B8, ISK MDH-9000

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX

7 minutes ago, Chevy_Monsenhor said:

Yeah, unfortunately i can't get anything compatible with 45acp here, its a restricted caliber.

Not that i would "need it", just for the sport, like i said i never shot my 838 outside the range

Ahh. I know there are some south and central american countries that restrict calibers in use by military, I didn't realize Brazil was one of them. 

If you really want something to shoot .410 shells, then I guess go for it. You don't have to justify your entertainment choices to me or anyone else. :) 

5 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

Ahh. I know there are some south and central american countries that restrict calibers in use by military, I didn't realize Brazil was one of them. 

If you really want something to shoot .410 shells, then I guess go for it. You don't have to justify your entertainment choices to me or anyone else. :) 

Although i'm going to say i'm not sure what is going to happen with our caliber restrictions now that Bolsonaro won.

Bolsonaro was a Captain in the army years ago and is pro-guns, most think he will loosen the gun laws a little bit when he finally gets hold of the office in january.

Well, i hope so, i kinda always wanted a 1911! 

5 minutes ago, Chevy_Monsenhor said:

Although i'm going to say i'm not sure what is going to happen with our caliber restrictions now that Bolsonaro won.

Bolsonaro was a Captain in the army years ago and is pro-guns, most think he will loosen the gun laws a little bit when he finally gets hold of the office in january.

Well, i hope so, i kinda always wanted a 1911! 

I hope things get better for you guys too. Time will tell.

Cant you get a 1911 in .38 Super?

6 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

I hope things get better for you guys too. Time will tell.

Cant you get a 1911 in .38 Super?

Taurus does sell the PT1911 in .38 Super but only outside Brazil, here we only have the PT1911 in 45acp and is sold only for officers on duty.

1 hour ago, Chevy_Monsenhor said:

Not great. With bird shot it'd be an adequate snake gun.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

I want a new gun but I don't know what I want to get.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

51 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

I want a new gun but I don't know what I want to get.

Haha...I was just thinking this the other day.  Been kicking around the idea of a Marlin Model 1895SBL Jurrasic World style.  I have always wanted a nice lever action.

i9-9900k @ 5.1GHz || EVGA 3080 ti FTW3 EK Cooled || EVGA z390 Dark || G.Skill TridentZ 32gb 4000MHz C16

970 Pro 1tb || 860 Evo 2tb || BeQuiet Dark Base Pro 900 || EVGA P2 1200w || AOC Agon AG352UCG

Cooled by: Heatkiller || Hardware Labs || Bitspower || Noctua || EKWB

1 minute ago, TahoeDust said:

I have always wanted a nice lever action.

I'd get a lever action if it weren't for the fact that I can only choose between the dime a dozen 'Cowboy' guns and Mossberg's ugly duckling. There's like zero in between. I would KILL for a lever gun that incorporated some more modern design.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.