Smoking Barrels - LTT's Unnofficial Gun Club!

Jack.EXE
4 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

I'd get a lever action if it weren't for the fact that I can only choose between the dime a dozen 'Cowboy' guns and Mossberg's ugly duckling. There's like zero in between. I would KILL for a lever gun that incorporated some more modern design.

I feel like that is what the Marlin 1895SBL is..

70478_1895SBL_Right.png?itok=4GKhYkPC

i9-9900k @ 5.1GHz || EVGA 3080 ti FTW3 EK Cooled || EVGA z390 Dark || G.Skill TridentZ 32gb 4000MHz C16

970 Pro 1tb || 860 Evo 2tb || BeQuiet Dark Base Pro 900 || EVGA P2 1200w || AOC Agon AG352UCG

Cooled by: Heatkiller || Hardware Labs || Bitspower || Noctua || EKWB

4 minutes ago, TahoeDust said:

70478_1895SBL_Right.png?itok=4GKhYkPC

What calibers?

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

1 minute ago, Drak3 said:

What calibers?

45-70...girly men need not apply. 

i9-9900k @ 5.1GHz || EVGA 3080 ti FTW3 EK Cooled || EVGA z390 Dark || G.Skill TridentZ 32gb 4000MHz C16

970 Pro 1tb || 860 Evo 2tb || BeQuiet Dark Base Pro 900 || EVGA P2 1200w || AOC Agon AG352UCG

1 minute ago, TahoeDust said:

45-70...girly men need not apply. 

Come back to me with something under a buck a round.

Or .50 is somewhere in the name.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

12 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Or .50 is somewhere in the name.

Haha...my other thought was .383 Lapua.  Cheap rounds are boring.  I have plenty of guns to shoot if I just want to hear something go bang.

11 hours ago, Drak3 said:

if you're a shooter, and you don't reload, what are you doing with your life...?

I cast my own 45's, the brass lasts forever, and if you really want to make it simple, you can use 70.gr of black powder (the -70 in 45-70). I love the way 45-70 slaps.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

15 minutes ago, knightslugger said:

if you're a shooter, and you don't reload, what are you doing with your life...?

1. Need to get brass, and I'd rather do it the fun way
  2. I want to get my last gun that shoots over a buck a round working good before I dive into another one
  3. Don't have the space to reload ATM. Too much work tools cluttering around the house.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

Welp, I ended up buying a Mossberg 590.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

I might make the 590 a masterkey for my Grendel. The barrels would almost be even if I did it and both would still be 100% legal without extra paperwork.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

• 2 weeks later...

Whoa a gun club, I need to post pictures of mine here (Mossberg 590, SKS, Marlin 336C 30-30).

What do you guys recommend for a .22? Ideally, I'm looking for a magazine fed, bolt action, and the purpose would be hunting and target shooting. Ruger 10/22? I don't want to completely cheap out, but I don't want to spend a ton of money either. :P 

8 minutes ago, CPotter said:

Whoa a gun club, I need to post pictures of mine here (Mossberg 590, SKS, Marlin 336C 30-30).

What do you guys recommend for a .22? Ideally, I'm looking for a magazine fed, bolt action, and the purpose would be hunting and target shooting. Ruger 10/22? I don't want to completely cheap out, but I don't want to spend a ton of money either. :P 

The 10/22 is semi-auto, not bolt action but always a good option.

The CZ 452 is awesome but higher priced, then the Savage MKII series is a great value as well. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Welp... gun show next Saturday.  Maybe I'll finally get my AR pistol.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

10 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

The 10/22 is semi-auto, not bolt action but always a good option.

The CZ 452 is awesome but higher priced, then the Savage MKII series is a great value as well. 

Am I thinking of the Ruger American? I'll take a look at the Savage MKII. Appreciate it!

4 minutes ago, CPotter said:

Am I thinking of the Ruger American? I'll take a look at the Savage MKII. Appreciate it!

I've heard good things about the Ruger American Rimfire, but I've never personally shot one. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

18 minutes ago, CPotter said:

Can't go wrong with a 10/22.  You can spend a ton of money on a custom 10/22 (look up Kidd customs or  Volquartsen) The Ruger American in 22 is a fun bolt action rifle.  

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

8 minutes ago, Velcade said:

Can't go wrong with a 10/22.  You can spend a ton of money on a custom 10/22 (look up Kidd customs or  Volquartsen) The Ruger American in 22 is a fun bolt action rifle.  

Indeed, cheap to shoot, and you can go all "mad max" on them too

1022_ice_lf_side_-_Copy.JPG

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

I didn't know this thread existed - Im a prepper, hate big government, and love my 2A rights.

My EDC is a Sig P320 full size (before they became popular because of the Government switching over to this model) 17+1 with extra mag, in an Aliengear OWB holster - I am an Open Carry advocate, and my state supports my decisions.

My secondary carry (when weather doesn't permit my SIG) I carry a Pheonix Arms .22lr 11shot semi auto pistol - I can put it in my shorts pocket and it weighs as much as a cell phone does, and doesn't pull my britches off.  And I love this gun because its cheap AF, has never malfunctioned and eats any ammo I put in it.  And if I happen to do something wrong, its a burner gun - its cheap.  I own hi-points for this same reason.  You just never know. :)

My favorite rifle is my CMMG AR-15, locally made in Missouri, a very fine machine I must say so myself, I like it better than any other AR I have owned or currently own.  I keep this gun locked, cocked and ready to rock with a 100 round triple stack mag, with iron sites. 

My favorite round is the .22lr - abundant, can kill anything in North America with a well placed shot, not heavy to carry 500 rounds in a bug out situation.  Ive owned over 50+ .22lr rifles and pistols over my lifetime. 

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

51 minutes ago, Tristerin said:

in an Aliengear OWB holster - I am an Open Carry advocate, and my state supports my decisions.

I wish open carry was allowed in my state.  I have an AG IWB holster for my M&P Shield and a stealth gear IWB for my SR1911.

55 minutes ago, Tristerin said:

My favorite round is the .22lr - abundant

Ha ha... do you remember abour 5/6 years ago?  You couldn't find it anywhere.

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

1 minute ago, Velcade said:

I wish open carry was allowed in my state.  I have an AG IWB holster for my M&P Shield and a stealth gear IWB for my SR1911.

Ha ha... do you remember abour 5/6 years ago?  You couldn't find it anywhere.

Ive been doing this a long long time - its abundant in my house :) I only sold to people during the shortage at my cost ($13 a brick or less) because I had over 20,000 rounds stored at the time.  Between that and having kids I (Ive reduced my gun qty and ammo storage a metric F ton :( )only keep 5,000 rounds in the safe lol

And yes, I hate that the reason I cant train my gun skills more than 1 time a month (BJJ/Kali/Gun - my lines of self defense) is because they have made it un-affordable to plink :(:(

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

9 minutes ago, Velcade said:

I wish open carry was allowed in my state.

what about concealed carry?

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

10 minutes ago, Velcade said:

do you remember abour 5/6 years ago?

I recall that, but I don't recall the reason....

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

I recall that, but I don't recall the reason....

Post-Sandy Hook paranoia.

System specs:

14 minutes ago, knightslugger said:

Post-Sandy Hook paranoia.

Given the current political landscape, you sure you want to put it that way?

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.