Smoking Barrels - LTT's Unnofficial Gun Club!

Jack.EXE

My relative gave me this cool "Gas Pistol" that can shoot blanks, or blanks that trigger non-lethal elements like Tear Gas and rubber caps or something. Said relative bought it in case of a bear attack when traveling between work and home. Let's just be glad he never ran into a bear as some state that big guns won't even stop a bear. 
Pictures:

Spoiler

5b7b6cb30373c_IMG_10191.thumb.JPG.964067b015b27ff822a7ed85ecc68e82.JPG

5b7b6cbedf976_IMG_10201.thumb.JPG.b7a0a9c4dc84499a3fe127a75ce48656.JPG

Left Rotation lock on so the pictures are a bit... Portrait/sideways. 

Auction site that has one sold for 25~ dollars. I wasn't planning on selling it anyway as it's a nice family possession. 

Got my shotgun and rifle sold, thers a nice 400 in my pocket and some major ease of mine and dad has my pistols and my 22 in a locked safe.

I'd like to sell a few of my rifles and pistols, just not sure how to go about it. Seems just about every major player in online classifieds has some sort of axe to grind when it comes to firearms.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

Looking forward to this weekend.  Our local firearms owners group is gathering for its annual members meeting.  This will be my first one with them, so I'm curious to see how it all pans out.

2 hours ago, knightslugger said:

I'd like to sell a few of my rifles and pistols, just not sure how to go about it. Seems just about every major player in online classifieds has some sort of axe to grind when it comes to firearms.

Have you tried contacting local gun clubs?

Hey everyone, just found this group. So happy I am not the only pro-gun person on this site. and I can talk about my two favorite things.

Heres a picture of most of what have now. 

IMG_2200.jpg

IMG_2159.JPG

We have a thread on another forum where we shit-talk each other's firearms.

we need that here.

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

3 hours ago, WaffleTiger13 said:

Hey everyone, just found this group. So happy I am not the only pro-gun person on this site. and I can talk about my two favorite things.

Heres a picture of most of what have now. 

Spoiler

IMG_2200.jpg

What's the one on the far left?  It looks small caliber (.22?  .17?) from the picture, but I can't quite place it.

43 minutes ago, Jito463 said:

What's the one on the far left?  It looks small caliber (.22?  .17?) from the picture, but I can't quite place it.

Ruger 10/22

System specs:

So I'm considering picking up a ww2-era Mosin-Nagant battle rifle. I was thinking, and I"m not certain this is even possible, about contacting the factory and submitting the serial number on the barrel, to see if they could trace the point of origin, date of manufacture and possible distribution point. I think it might be interesting to trace the gun's use, as much as can be traced, to find some history to it.

Anyone ever done something like that?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

15 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

So I'm considering picking up a ww2-era Mosin-Nagant battle rifle. I was thinking, and I"m not certain this is even possible, about contacting the factory and submitting the serial number on the barrel, to see if they could trace the point of origin, date of manufacture and possible distribution point. I think it might be interesting to trace the gun's use, as much as can be traced, to find some history to it.

Anyone ever done something like that?

This might help:

http://7.62x54r.net/MosinID/MosinSerial.htm

And:

http://7.62x54r.net/MosinID/MosinID.htm#51.5

I know the russians didn't keep the best records during the war, they had some bigger issues at the time, so tracing the gun through battles might be tough. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

1 hour ago, Real_PhillBert said:

This might help:

http://7.62x54r.net/MosinID/MosinSerial.htm

And:

http://7.62x54r.net/MosinID/MosinID.htm#51.5

I know the russians didn't keep the best records during the war, they had some bigger issues at the time, so tracing the gun through battles might be tough. 

Awesome, thank you for the help :)

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

This thread always depresses me seeing all the amazing compact pistols you US guys get and actually get to carry them.  Sold off my ruger 10/22 (due to the 25rnd mags being made illegal all of the sudden)  and picked up this guy and set up a grab and go range kit.  Really liking it so far and gets lots of attention up here.  Additional mags were all sold out when i ordered so I'm stuck with just the one for now.

Nx2945H.jpg

7yP4umX.jpg

52 minutes ago, JokerProduction said:

This thread always depresses me seeing all the amazing compact pistols you US guys get and actually get to carry them.  Sold off my ruger 10/22 (due to the 25rnd mags being made illegal all of the sudden)  and picked up this guy and set up a grab and go range kit.  Really liking it so far and gets lots of attention up here.  Additional mags were all sold out when i ordered so I'm stuck with just the one for now.

Nx2945H.jpg

7yP4umX.jpg

Cuz Cana-derp?

System specs:

1 minute ago, knightslugger said:

Cuz Cana-derp?

Can-a-duh*

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Does anyone have any good priced .5in air rifles? I want somethign to play with but i dont want a gun for now. and tiny BB guns just arent fun

On 8/31/2018 at 11:20 PM, Cole5 said:

Does anyone have any good priced .5in air rifles? I want somethign to play with but i dont want a gun for now. and tiny BB guns just arent fun

Well, i mean... unless you want to spend a crap load on high pressure tanks and fill ups, you're just not going to be very happy with big bore air rifles.

not sure why you want 50 cal, but the airforce Texan big bore in .45 is a heavy hitter.

System specs:

6 minutes ago, knightslugger said:

Well, i mean... unless you want to spend a crap load on high pressure tanks and fill ups, you're just not going to be very happy with big bore air rifles.

not sure why you want 50 cal, but the airforce Texan big bore in .45 is a heavy hitter.

Demolition Ranch has a video on a .50 pnuematic that shoots arrows. Rather effective if you only need/want a few shots.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

I have a guilty pleasure/confession I have to make.

I actually like the looks of Hi-Point, and have no qualms with owning them.  (Obviously since I own the 995TS).

Every Hi-Point I've ever fired, be it their .380 or 9mm pistols, or their carbines, have worked flawlessly.  They're cheap, they're unattractive to most people, and they can be on the heavier/thicker side... but by god they just work.  Also, again, that cheap AF price tag.

With that said... 

https://grabagun.com/hi-point-firearms-mks-34512-45acp-10rd-od-grn-camo.html

https://grabagun.com/hi-point-firearms-8.html

https://grabagun.com/hi-point-firearms-6.html

I want one of these.  Preferably the desert camo or OD green one.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

Hey, Just found this thread :)

Here's mine

IMG_20180902_181253.thumb.jpg.1150c11d1f6830bf6c61c0eb37234f35.jpgIMG_20180902_181246.thumb.jpg.60b377d521b9548e52c7a7bc9257f7cd.jpg

They're only .177 BB but being an unlicenced non-club member in the UK this is about as strong as you can get here.  

Here's the Dan Wesson from the front

IMG_20180726_032751.thumb.jpg.d246bd027d0373da341e73daf318996e.jpg

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

1 minute ago, Jito463 said:

Demolition Ranch agrees with you.

I've already seen that video, and even if I haven't... again, my experience is that they work.

Hell, even with the 20 round Redball magazines for my Carbine, it never hangs up.  

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

11 minutes ago, YouSirAreADudeSir said:

They're only .177 BB but being an unlicenced non-club member in the UK this is about as strong as you can get here.

Hey, this is a gun club thread, not a "firearms" club thread.  Air guns are just as welcome here as any other gun, so welcome to the club.  Those look very nice, by the way.  Am I to understand that the "bullets" from the revolver have BB's embedded in them?

I've been contemplating getting a Sig Sauer 1911 BB gun from airgundepot.com, for some plinking fun.

1 minute ago, Jito463 said:

Hey, this is a gun club thread, not a "firearms" club thread.  Air guns are just as welcome here as any other gun, so welcome to the club.  Those look very nice, by the way.  Am I to understand that the "bullets" from the revolver have BB's embedded in them?

I've been contemplating getting a Sig Sauer 1911 BB gun from airgundepot.com, for some plinking fun.

Yeah you just pop the bbs in the end of the cartridge

Thanks for the welcome :) 

My 1911 is 'packaged' as a Remington 1911 RAC 'Tactical'  But it's the same basic setup as the Umarex/Tanfoglio Witness 1911 (the mags are even interchangeable) 

I love the weathered look on that one you linked

I get about a 1.5 inch group on mine at 15ish feet

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!