Smoking Barrels - LTT's Unnofficial Gun Club!

Jack.EXE
Just now, Real_PhillBert said:

There are a pile of them on the registry. It's not cheap, but not impossible.

Yeah, I was looking at that. It's something like a $200 tax or so to the ATF.

Not to mention import taxes because I want a legit one from Czechoslovakia for bragging rights.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

3 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

A new addition to my firearm bucket list:

I really want an AK-47. I mean a real AK, not one of those modified semi auto ones.

I'm not really sure what you mean by "modified Semi-Auto"... but Full auto AK-47 and their imported variants are transferable still. pretty pricey. 

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

Just now, Crunchy Dragon said:

Not to mention import taxes because I want a legit one from Czechoslovakia for bragging rights.

You cant import one anymore, the regisery has been closed since 1986. You'd have to find one already in the US and transferable. Probably in the $20-40k neighborhood. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

4 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

uh no, you are not going to be able to import a machinegun. Whatever you purchase it must be listed already in the NFRTR. The $200 to the BATFE is a drop in the bucket compared to what you will pay to by a machinegun.

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

1 minute ago, knightslugger said:

I'm not really sure what you mean by "modified Semi-Auto"... but Full auto AK-47 and their imported variants are transferable still. pretty pricey. 

He means variants like the 47S, N-PAP, Vepr, Bulgarian SLR, etc.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

2 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

He means variants like the 47S, N-PAP, Vepr, Bulgarian SLR, etc.

Variants that have been modified to be more easily obtainable by the general population.

A real AK-74 has two modes: safe and full auto. Some have been modified, such as the SKS, to be semi auto. I don't want one of those.

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

2 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

A real AK-74 has two modes: safe and full auto

the one's i've seen have two notches below safe: one for single, one for auto.

but good luck on your hunt. some people buy cars or down payments on homes... others, buy a machine-gun. I could say that it's an investment... it's not. not anymore. that boat has sailed back in '86. I could say that it's a hoot to shoot them. and they are. as long as it's not your ammo.

System specs:

2 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

A real AK-74 has two modes: safe and full auto. Some have been modified, such as the SKS, to be semi auto. I don't want one of those.

SKS is the predecessor rifle to the AK47.

The AK74 is a military rifle (designed to replace the AKM) firing the 5.45x39mm round.

Both are specific rifles.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

10 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

SKS is the predecessor rifle to the AK47.

The AK74 is a military rifle (designed to replace the AKM) firing the 5.45x39mm round.

Both are specific rifles.

My bad :P

Not directly related to guns, but semi-related.  I bought an Under Armour shirt from CTD about 7 months ago, and the seam around the neck is already falling to pieces on me.  I've worn it less than a dozen times in the past 7 months, so it's not even from excessive wear and tear.  My advice, avoid UA shirts.  I tried to post a negative review on CTD, but "surprise, surprise, surprise", there was an error "loading internal components" and they were unable to post my negative 1-star review.

30 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

You cant import one anymore, the regisery has been closed since 1986. You'd have to find one already in the US and transferable. Probably in the $20-40k neighborhood. 

A guy named Adam Kraut is apparently running for board of directors of the NRA, and he wants to make it a priority issue to push for complete elimination of the NFA.  I don't hold out much hope of success, but I applaud the effort.

http://www.adamkraut.com

36 minutes ago, Jito463 said:

A guy named Adam Kraut is apparently running for board of directors of the NRA, and he wants to make it a priority issue to push for complete elimination of the NFA.  I don't hold out much hope of success, but I applaud the effort.

http://www.adamkraut.com

I'd love to see the NFA disappear, but after our failure of even getting the HPA to a vote leaves me without much hope. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

6 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

I'd love to see the NFA disappear, but after our failure of even getting the HPA to a vote leaves me without much hope. 

To be fair, as much as I respect the NRA and what it does (and I am a member), they've too often compromised on principles to try and get along with the politicians.  I understand that sometimes compromise is a necessary evil to get bills passed, but we need an NRA that is steadfast and firm on our rights, not one that will compromise them away like they did with the bump stock issue.  If Kraut is legit, maybe he'll be what we need on the board to get the NRA moving in the right direction.

Have a Century Arms (romanian) PAR-3 pump action AK in 5.56.

Currently getting a new barrel and being converted to a Kalashnikov KSZ-223 clone.

Magpul MOE stock, grip, Magpul MOE M-LOK front grip for a Mossberg 590 being converted for it.

Was going to go CANIS for the AR15 magazine adapter but Polish Beryl 5.56 AK47 mags are just hitting North America for $35 that fit it.

On 9/14/2018 at 8:44 PM, kaiju_wars said:

Which flashlights or flashlight mounts are those if you don't mind me asking?

Looks like an older Surefire M952 in a haley strategic mount on the left, and a Surefire M600 on the right. I cant see the mount on the right hand rifle. 

Finally got my new holster in.  Still trying to find the best position to carry with it, but so far I'm liking it.  I only got the shell for my H&K so far, but I plan to buy an extra shell for my Ruger.  Without further ado (sorry for the pictures being sideways, I took them with my phone and didn't edit them before uploading):

Picture of my holster, the Cloak & Tuck 3.5:

Spoiler

20180919_203612.jpg

Picture of the spare magazine carrier:

Spoiler

20180919_203608.jpg

I think I might return the mag carrier, I just can't find a comfortable position to carry it in.  They even included an alternate belt clip, but it was worse for me than the original (pictured).

My holster with my H&K inserted:  Also, a bonus pic of my 28-round extended magazine (adds 15 to the existing 13-round mag).  I typically only use that at home, it doesn't work very well for conceal carry.

Spoiler

20180919_203629.jpg

I'm not carrying it regularly yet, but I have done a trial run yesterday and it went pretty well.  The real test will be if I can conceal carry with this at work, given that the shirts aren't very long.  I already conceal carry there, just not IWB.

what would be a good starter gun for self protection?I live in the united states.I have never owned or used a gun before.

38 minutes ago, dukenukems said:

what would be a good starter gun for self protection?I live in the united states.I have never owned or used a gun before.

The key is finding one that's suitable for you.  It needs to fit your hand well, and you need to be comfortable with the grip of it. Many people find a .380 to be a good self-defense pistol, I personally found it was too small for my hand (and the Jiminez model I bought would actually bite my hand, when the slide came back while firing).  I prefer 9mm, but others will argue for .45 or .40.  Others still prefer the .22, simply because of the low recoil, despite it being a very small bullet.  The simplest thing might be to find a gun seller that lets you test fire them.  Barring that, see if you can find an instructor that has extra guns you can shoot, though that would mean spending money to pay them for their time/ammo.

3 minutes ago, dukenukems said:

what would be some good 9mm to look at?

That comes down to single-stack vs double-stack.  My two guns between them are the Ruger LC9s Pro (single-stack) and the H&K P2000 (double-stack, pictured in my post above).  The single stack is slimmer and easier to conceal carry, I usually pocket carry mine for convenience.  The double-stacks I find to be easier to aim straight, and they hold more ammo (7+1 in my Ruger vs 13+1 in my H&K), but their larger size makes it slightly more difficult to conceal.

If you don't have a conceal carry license - assuming you need one where you live - and/or don't plan to, a double-stack would be the best choice.

6 hours ago, dukenukems said:

What do you want to do with it? Do you want to carry it? Just for home defense? Do you think you'll get into target shooting or competitive shooting? 

7 hours ago, dukenukems said:

Magnum Research BFR.

Kappa.

A good starting pount for practice shooting would be a Browning Buckmark .22LR. From there, a mid range 1911, Glock, S&W M&P 2.0, Springfield XD, or Canik TP9 are all good options with reasonable prices.

Or you could get an ugly duckling Hi Point.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

5 hours ago, Drak3 said:

Magnum Research BFR.

Kappa.

A good starting pount for practice shooting would be a Browning Buckmark .22LR. From there, a mid range 1911, Glock, S&W M&P 2.0, Springfield XD, or Canik TP9 are all good options with reasonable prices.

Or you could get an ugly duckling Hi Point.

Hey, it works.  The first two pistols I ever fired were the Hi Point C380 and a Glock 17 chambered in .45 ACP.  

13 hours ago, dukenukems said:

Honestly, my piece of advice would be go to one of those gun ranges that let's you rent firearms, unless you happen to know someone with a few different pistols to let you try out.  But going there would be costly, but it would let you try out different pistols.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

tbh it kinda sucks that you can't have shorter barrel guns until you're 21.

Though I don't think I'd wanna get a gun until I moved out of this stupid ass state.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

I'm trying to find a holster for my CPX-2, and I don't know which one to get.  I like my guns to ride IWB, but I like them to ride lower, much like my LCP does with the belt clip you can get for them.\

I'm looking for a holster that allows the gun to ride this low, or something comparable.  I don't want a normal IWB holster that has half to two-thirds the gun sticking out (I might be exaggerating slightly).

Y'all got any suggestions?

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

2 hours ago, kaiju_wars said:

I'm trying to find a holster for my CPX-2, and I don't know which one to get.  I like my guns to ride IWB, but I like them to ride lower, much like my LCP does with the belt clip you can get for them.\

I'm looking for a holster that allows the gun to ride this low, or something comparable.  I don't want a normal IWB holster that has half to two-thirds the gun sticking out (I might be exaggerating slightly).

Y'all got any suggestions?

The one I posted about above has adjustable belt clips on both sides, so you can even cant it a bit if you like (make one clip lower than the other).  I initially tried putting as far down as possible, but it just didn't fit well for me (I'm a big guy), so I ended up in the middle, and it fits pretty well.  I'm currently trying out carrying at work with it, and so far, so good.