iPad Surface Pro

GoodBytes

Apple reveals the rumored iPad Pro.

The new iPad Pro is thicker than the iPad Air 2 at 6.9mm instead of 6.1mm.

It is 12.9inch in size (so 13inch, but t looks like Apple is avoiding "13inch" as it sounds too big over 12.9inch).

It features up to 10h of battery life

While still powered by an ARM processor, the company claims that it is faster than 80% of portable computers on the market.

apple-iphone-6s-live-_0729.jpg

apple-iphone-6s-live-_0709.jpg

apple-iphone-6s-live-_0688.jpg

It features 4 but stereo speakers. Basically based on the orientation, 2 out of the 4 speakers will work. So finally, iPad has stereo sound, joining most Windows based tablets. The speakers are rear/side mounted. The Surface Pro 3 has front mounted ones.

It is a cover, that contains a keyboard inside. The keyboard uses the same system as the new MacBook, but no confirmation yet.

apple-iphone-6s-live-_0752.jpg

apple-iphone-6s-live-_0762.jpg

The keyboard isn't backlit, unlike the Surface covers (even the Touch Cover 2 had backlit keys).

The iPad has a new connector used for the keyboard

And, completely original, it features a digitizer pen, that provide palm rejection, thin point for maximum precision, and pressure sensitive, unlike the Surface Pro device pen, which works exactly the same.

apple-iphone-6s-live-_0824.jpg

Apple showed the pen in action with Microsoft Office (yes I kid you not, here)

apple-iphone-6s-live-_0960.jpg

And also with PhotoShop iPad App version

apple-iphone-6s-live-_1121.jpg

The iPad Pro costs more than the Microsoft Surface 3.

apple-iphone-6s-live-_1138.jpg

The pen is 99$ (doesn't come with the device). Surface 3 and Surface Pro pen is only 50$, and probably and most likely a better technology.

The keyboard cover, called Smart Keyboard, is even more expensive than Microsoft physical keyboard version cover of the Surface line, sitting at 169$

apple-iphone-6s-live-_1149.jpg

Update

The device has 4GB of RAM

Thanks @AMorassOfPixelz

[/update]

Source: http://live.theverge.com/apple-iphone-6s-tv-event-live-blog/?_ga=1.94792468.964806535.1413818789

So, will you get the iPad Surface Pro?

Nope, don't have the money to get one ;)

EDIT: 1 THOUSAND DOLLARS FOR A FUCKING TABLET??

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

faster tan 80% of portable computers ?

they are talking about baytrail i think - i doubt this is faster than bay trail

anyways i really thought they would have gone with their on ARM version of OSX it could have shaken things up

also there is a thread already

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I bet you that now people will start to think that my Surface Pro 3 is an iPad Pro when I sit in public. Which I will hate.

Fuck Apple

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

He doesn't cover anything in detail.

I know, he said he will update from my post since I am helping out in that thread, he will organize everything into the OP in a more presentable manner

Nope, don't have the money to get one ;)

EDIT: 1 THOUSAND DOLLARS FOR A FUCKING TABLET??

And $99 FOR A FUCKING PENCIL xD

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5800X GPU: Nvidia RTX 3080 12GB + Motherboard: Asus Crosshair VIII Hero

Case: Asus ROG Strix Helios Gundam Edition Power Supply: Asus ROG Thor 850P

I know, he said he will update from my post since I am helping out in that thread, he will organize everything into the OP in a more presentable manner

Sorry, but it is currently on a first come and first serve, and there is no "Here is a link or a title, and I'll do it later" type post.

We have decided on this, as people where doing just that.

Was there a mention of how many levels of pen pressure..actual specs that matter to a creative type.

And $99 FOR A FUCKING PENCIL xD

The cover is $170....

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

Sorry, but it is currently on a first come and first serve, and there is no "Here is a link or a title, and I'll do it later" type post.

We have decided on this, as people where doing just that.

Fair enough, so what do I do with all the stuff I wrote in that thread? Just make my own thread? 

The cover is $170....

Yeah that too! >.>

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5800X GPU: Nvidia RTX 3080 12GB + Motherboard: Asus Crosshair VIII Hero

Case: Asus ROG Strix Helios Gundam Edition Power Supply: Asus ROG Thor 850P

Considering it's only about $100 cheaper than the Ultrabook I have my eyes on and only has half as much diskspace. No, I won't get it.

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

The stylus isn't out of place on the iPad actually. If anything it suits it. 

It's on the iPhone that the stylus would be out of place. Since it was originally designed to be operated with ones digit. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Was there a mention of how many levels of pen pressure..actual specs that matter to a creative type.

I don't think so. Probably uses Synaptic technology which isn't great. I doubt they got N-Trig technology, else Microsoft is making serious money out of it (maybe that is why they bought N-Trig). If it is N-Trig, it is a 256 levels.

Hmmmm.. Not a fan of the 4:3 aspect ratio at that size for a tablet but i guess it is better for app compatability

My PC specs; Processor: Intel i5 2500K @4.6GHz, Graphics card: Sapphire AMD R9 Nano 4GB DD Overclocked @1050MHz Core and 550 MHz Memory. Hard Drives: 500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM, 2TB Western Digital Green Drive, Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V , Power Supply: OCZ ZS series 750W 80+ Bronze certified, Case: NZXT S340, Memory: Corsair Vengance series Ram, Dual Channel kit @ 1866 Mhz, 10-11-10-30 Timings, 4x4 GB DIMMs. Cooler: CoolerMaster Seidon 240V

I can't understand how this iPad Pro exists.

CPU: Intel i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core   Mobo: Asus Z97-A ATX LGA1150   Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series(2x4GB) DDR3-1600   GPU: Asus Strix OC GTX 970   HDD: WD Black 2TB - 7200RPM   SDD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB   PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Bronze - SemiMod   Case: NZXT S340 (Black)

PCPartPicker: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/PortedOasis/saved/fhdG3C

I can't understand how this iPad Pro exists.

Because Apple. 

More or less. Will it sell well? Absolutely. Will it make sense for 90% of the population it sells to? Hell no. I'd wager it makes sense to no one, given the Surface Pro 3 existing and any professional and business related app works off Windows anyways... 

If apple really wanted to make this viable, they should pitch it to accountants who use software thats Windows only, and get that software into OSX/iOS friendly forms. 

ummm you posted that the keyboard was touch which is false. I am watching the stream and they said that is is a dome switch similar to what they did in the retina matchbook

also the post in general is really biased.

ummm you posted that the keyboard was touch which is false. I am watching the stream and they said that is is a dome switch similar to what they did in the retina machbook

Correct, it has the same butterfly switches as the new MacBook. Real keys, not software emulated malarky. 

What OS is it, if its iOS then that seems a bit stupid (unless they make it better for work related applications). 

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

What OS is it, if its iOS then that seems a bit stupid (unless they make it better for work related applications).

It runs iOS.