iPad Surface Pro

GoodBytes

ummm you posted that the keyboard was touch which is false. I am watching the stream and they said that is is a dome switch similar to what they did in the retina matchbook

I am seeing conflicting reports.. But I think you are right

I am seeing conflicting reports.. But I think you are right

it is a bit different since it doesn't have a rubber dome and a keycap on top like most mobile keyboards. They used the cover material as the cap and dome.  

I can't understand how this iPad Pro exists.

Samsung has the Tab Pro and Note Pro tablets, Im guessing this is in response to those. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

And so it begins, now people will say apple did it first  :lol:. 

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/1423139397987591345.jpg

Waiting to see some Surface Pro 4 stuff though.

Desktop: Intel 4770k - 12GB Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz RAM - Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo - Asus Strix 970 SLI - Cooler Master V850 PSU -  Nzxt Phantom 630 Case  - 1TB WD HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD - Nzxt Kraken X60 - 24" Asus VG248QE 1080p Monitor - Logitech G35 Headset -  G502 Proteus Core - Logitech G710+ Keyboard - Nzxt Hue - Windows 10

And so it begins, now people will say apple did it first  :lol:. 

Waiting to see some Surface Pro 4 stuff though.

How about it being called back in 2012? http://hijinksensue.com/comic/surface-tension/

2012-06-19-surface-tension.jpg

Ensure a job for life: https://github.com/Droogans/unmaintainable-code

Actual comment I found in legacy code: // WARNING! SQL injection here!

How about it being called back in 2012? http://hijinksensue.com/comic/surface-tension/

Did you just beat me to my edit, dangit.

Desktop: Intel 4770k - 12GB Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz RAM - Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo - Asus Strix 970 SLI - Cooler Master V850 PSU -  Nzxt Phantom 630 Case  - 1TB WD HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD - Nzxt Kraken X60 - 24" Asus VG248QE 1080p Monitor - Logitech G35 Headset -  G502 Proteus Core - Logitech G710+ Keyboard - Nzxt Hue - Windows 10

"omg apple is so innovative"

yep, they've just stolen the fucking Surface pro in all of its aspects.

All of its aspects? The only thing can be argued is a first party keyboard cover and stylus. Maybe even th larger form factor but that is pushing it.

All of its aspects? The only thing can be argued is a first party keyboard cover and stylus. Maybe even th larger form factor but that is pushing it.

And speakers. I guess you are right Surface RT with pen support.

As for the speaker switch technology, this is the Surface Pro 1/2 fan technology, where it has 2 fans, when they spin, depending on the orientation of the device, one of them will slow down to very low speed, and the other will spin at faster speed to compensate, so that you don't feel hot air coming out of the device. They just applied it to speakers.

faster tan 80% of portable computers ?

they are talking about baytrail i think - i doubt this is faster than bay trail

anyways i really thought they would have gone with their on ARM version of OSX it could have shaken things up

also there is a thread already

yeah they are probably talking about the bay trail atom z373x/z374x processors that the $50-100 chinese windows tablets have, that is probably 80% of the market.

I bet you that now people will start to think that my Surface Pro 3 is an iPad Pro when I sit in public. Which I will hate.

Fuck Apple

You care so much about what other people think?

What I find funny is that NOW the Surface 3 and Pro 3 suddenly looks more affordable, especially the keyboard one, and the fact that the Pro model comes with the pen, and assuming you get the non Pro one, the pen is only 50$, which people said on how teh Surface line costs a lot because of this.

Do you happen to know if it is N-trig or Wacom? Because if its wacom then it'll probably be a worse experience as well pen wise.

(although I must say, Win10 has ruined my SP3 completely, its horrid) 

I hope that this wil actually make more people buy SP3's.

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

I don't think so. Probably uses Synaptic technology which isn't great. I doubt they got N-Trig technology, else Microsoft is making serious money out of it (maybe that is why they bought N-Trig). If it is N-Trig, it is a 256 levels.

256 should be the bare minimum I think. Right now, the Surface Pro seems to be the Wacom Cintiq cheaper alternative unless this has some tech lurking under those rounded corners. This feels like something Apple should have put emphasis on if this new iPad is supposed to be catered to the creative type.

You are so much about what other people think?

No, but its very very annoying if people come up to you and ask "Hey that is a cool device, is it an iPad?" or "Hey that is a cool watch, is that one of them new Apple watches?". I care about the ignorence of the people in when it comes to this tech, not what they think of it.

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

So fucking stupid. Listen if you need a laptop for business purposes, well just get a fucking laptop for business purposes instead of slapping a fucking keyboard and a pen on a stupid tablet.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Wow, someone is blatantly copying off someone else who already has this on the market and has this do exactly the same thing but probably much better because it runs Windows.... *cough* 

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

Who is this even remotely supposed to be aimed at? It is objectively worse than the Surface Pro 3 in almost every way, if not every way.

Every topic I post in dies.

He doesn't cover anything in detail.

yeah, had to leave during the keynote because IRL reason, fixing that now though.

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Who is this even remotely supposed to be aimed at? It is objectively worse than the Surface Pro 3 in almost every way, if not every way.

Judging from the fact that it's has a keyboard and they're putting spread sheets and presentations on it, business people...Yes that's right, let the stupid sink in....

-------

Current Rig

-------

faster tan 80% of portable computers ?

they are talking about baytrail i think - i doubt this is faster than bay trail

anyways i really thought they would have gone with their on ARM version of OSX it could have shaken things up

also there is a thread already

They had autocad running on it, its way faster than many lower laptops like the one with AMD and i3 processors

yeah they are probably talking about the bay trail atom z373x/z374x processors that the $50-100 chinese windows tablets have, that is probably 80% of the market.

Good luck running AutoCad on those laptops. Apple A series chip is never to be underestimated

Do you happen to know if it is N-trig or Wacom? Because if its wacom then it'll probably be a worse experience as well pen wise.

(although I must say, Win10 has ruined my SP3 completely, its horrid) 

I hope that this wil actually make more people buy SP3's.

You have 3 companies: N-Trig, Wacom, and Synaptic. (Well, technically Nvidia too, but that is for only for its Tegra chip).

N-Trig is best for note taking

Wacom is best for drawing, but Wacom never license its best technology.

Synaptic is awful. Only good at pointing on the screen really. But their technology got better where you can actually use the pen to draw.

Synaptic has 1 button and no eraser.

Wacom has 1 or 2 buttons and eraser.

N-Trig has 2 button, no eraser. (Surface Pro 3 and Surface 3 pens, the eraser is bluetooth remote embedded inside the pen).

But then again, its Apple, they pick what ever they want and not put the button.

They also probably did their own implement with a license from any company for the technology system.

(yes, I agree. I have Win10 on my SP2, and my SP2 is getting a pain to use. I might revert back to Win8.1.. I am not really using Windows 10 new features on it in any case. I don't know about you?)

256 should be the bare minimum I think. Right now, the Surface Pro seems to be the Wacom Cintiq cheaper alternative unless this has some tech lurking under those rounded corners. This feels like something Apple should have put emphasis on if this new iPad is supposed to be catered to the creative type.

256 should be the minimum yes. We have to wait and see for the details.

Microsoft is doing this. Note and drawing. SP2 was really focusing on that, especially that it had Wacom pen, but it didn't do much in terms of sales. With the focus on note taking, is what pushed sales. SP2 rev2 has the same hardware as the SP3, just thicker and heavier, but has a dual heatsink and fan, so SP2 rev 2 is technically faster, as it throttles less under heavy load.

Good luck running AutoCad on those laptops. Apple A series chip is never to be underestimated

You know that AutoCad on iPad is a slimmed down version, right?

You know that AutoCad on iPad is a slimmed down version, right?

Given by the complex wireframe mesh they demonstrated it is a pretty intensive app. Also you forgot that they mentioned the A9X chip can edit three 4K videos simultaneously. Let's see how many laptops can do that