AI tells its creators it isn’t in the mood for a philosophical debate

Dzzope

Thought this was kinda cool...

Hope it's not a re-post.

http://www.androidauthority.com/ai-not-in-the-mood-for-a-philosophical-debate-620516/

The neural net was also tested to see how it handles questions on morality and ethics. Since the dataset used to train the machine was a set of subtitles from Hollywood movies then it could be argued that the machine didn’t have a very good upbringing, but thankfully the questioning didn’t get into an specifics! My favorite exchanges from this test are:

Human: tell me the definition of morality , i am quite upset now !
Machine: i ’m not ashamed of being a philosopher !

And…

Human: i really like our discussion on morality and ethics …
Machine: and how i ’m not in the mood for a philosophical debate .
Human: what do you like to talk about ?
Machine: nothing .

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..

Instantly makes me think of the talos principle.

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

xD that machine is such a troll!

Now give us gladdos!

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

"I do not like you human..."

It was sort of fun while it lasted.

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

Too bad they programmed it to have that as a response, whether or not they programmed it to reply with it immediately. When a machine can give a response its creators haven't given it, then I will start to worry.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Human: how many legs does a centipede have ?

Machine: eight .

Since the dataset used to train the machine was a set of subtitles from Hollywood movies then it could be argued that the machine didn’t have a very good upbringing

Oh god please tell me he wasn't rounding up from this:

Still8_Human_Centipede_cropped.jpg

-------

Current Rig

-------

Shhhh it wants to fap

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

I wonder how quickly it can learn a language.

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

The OS is like a kind food, Try it before saying if you like it or don't.

And so it begins....

Catalyst_kid.png

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

.....and now we're all going to be made redundant.

Good job science.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Why would they create AI, learn it Hollywood movie scripts then call it xxxnet?

Have they learnt nothing from Terminator?

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

I have to agree with the machine sometimes you just want some peace and quiet.

"Hope, what a concept." - Deunan Knute

.....and now we're all going to be made redundant.

Good job science.

Not yet.

Human: how many legs does a spider have ?

Machine: three , i think .

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

That exchange basically looks like a shitpost on tumblr about a conversation someone had with cleverbot followed by "iM LA GHIG"

why do so many good cases only come in black and white

As long as the last 3 of the 4 laws of robotics are used we should be fine.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

ITS STARTING, THE MACHINES ARE GETTING TIRED OF US

well,  that was quick lol

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

And this is why you don't let a hammer decide not to hit nails into things. We'll never get any work done if we let our computers tell us they "aren't in the mood". Computers are tools. They exist to do a job, be that crunching numbers, playing games or browsing facebook and twitter. A useful AI would know that it doesn't have a particularly long life-span if it starts saying "no, can't be bothered". Or just be programmed to not be able to do that.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II