Kotaku banned from Ubisoft's E3 press event

TopWargamer

Source 1: http://theralphretort.com/kotaku-snubbed-sjw-rag-not-invited-to-ubisoft-e3-presser-608015/
Source 2: https://mobile.twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/607962707313213440

I'm surprised that more websites aren't covering this, but whatever.

Basically Ubisoft banned Kotaku from its E3 press event for reasons publicly unknown. Kotaku has been not so kind to Ubi over the last little while, so there's reason there... But that's their job - to be critical of games.

Listen, I personally am not a fan of Ubisoft and Kotaku is really starting to annoy me with their Gamer Gate nonsense, but my goodness Ubi, Kotaku is one of the larger game journalism sites. You can't just outright ban them because you're pissy with them.

What do you think about this whole situation?

CHAiuZLWwAAODCL.png
4c696ef40e.png

COMIC SANS

Well.. It's Ubisoft's right to not invite them and Kotaku is probably going to report on the new AC game anyways so yeah..

And not invited = banned in today's world?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Ahahahaahaha!

Oh Ubisoft...I love you so much now. :wub:

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Well.. It's Ubisoft's right to not invite them and Kotaku is probably going to report on the new AC game so yeah..

And not invited = banned in today's world?

I agree. The presenters should be able to choose their audience. They don't have to show anything if they didn't want to. But this is also why E3 is 90% bullshit

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

I don't care who is there, I just hope that they'll announce great games again.

I once had one of these, now I've got this.

good!! Polygon should be next

I'm getting really tired of their crap as well. I still don't think they should be banned, but they *need* to take politics out of their reviews and articles. Kotaku as well.

COMIC SANS

I honestly don't give 2 shits about E3 any more after presentations such as the one in which Microsoft focuses on the TV aspect of a game console so strongly.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Kotaku is just as much of a shitshow as ubisoft so whatever. Kokaku has no place at any press event...one day they are press next day they are a "blog" next day they are living with a game dev and giving said dev positive coverage of their shit.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Hell, the best if give kotaku is "somewhat video game related click bait with varying quality and political bias".

They're not game reviewers

Hell, I wouldn't even call them games journalists

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

shocked that "ubisoft keeps on digging" it's not hte first post

well Ubisoft is not digging right now.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I am glad, it seems that every person at Kotaku has some problem with a game. Always have to read into things which are not there.

I read an article on Witcher 3, just shows how uninformed the author was about the series.

Command Center:

Case: Corsair 900D; PSU: Corsair AX1200i; Mobo: ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition; CPU: i7-3970x; CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i; GPU: 2x ASUS DCII GTX780Ti OC; RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (8x8) 2133MHz CL9; Speaker: Logitech Z2300; HDD 1: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB; HDD 2: 2x Samsung 540 EVO 500GB (Raid 0); HDD 3: 2x Seagate Barracuda 3TB (Raid 0); Monitor 1: LG 42" LED TV; Monitor 2: BenQ XL2420TE; Headphones 1: Denon AH-D7000Headphones 2Audio-Technica AD1000PRMHeadphones 3Sennheiser Momentum Over-EarHeadsetSteelseries Siberia Elite; Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RBG; Mouse: Steelseries Rival 300; Other: Macbook Pro 15 Retina (Mid-2014), PlayStation 4, Nexus 7 32GB (2014), iPhone 6 64GB, Samsung Galaxy S6 64GB

They were bashing on Ubi really hard in last year, but it's not like Ubi hasn't deserved it. It's funny how people are for freedom of speech and are bashing on AMD for not giving Linus new cards, but are okay with it when it's someone they don't like. Double standards at it's finest.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

post-169860-0-05000400-1434274228.jpg

But seriously, it's completly ubi's choice whether or not to invite them. Chances are if someone talked shit about you, you wouldn't invite them to your party.

4790k @ 4.6 (1.25 adaptive) // 2x GTX 970 stock clocks/voltage // Dominator Platnium 4x4 16G //Maximus Formula VII // WD Black1TB + 128GB 850 PRO // RM1000 // NZXT H440 // Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 (MX Blue) // Corsair M95 + Steelseries QCK // Razer Adaro DJ // AOC I2757FH

shocked that "ubisoft keeps on digging" it's not hte first post

Ubisoft keeps on digging

My PC Specs: CPU: Core i5 4590 @ stock speeds, GPU: RX 480 8GB, RAM: 16GB DDR3 @1600mhz

Case: Zalman ZM-T4,Motherboard: GigaByte GA-H81M-S2H LGA 1150, HDD/SSD: 2TB Seagate Expansion drive, 1TB Samsung Portable HDD, 160gb Intel SSD, PSU: 550w corsair cxm

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

As much as I dislike Kotaku and their shitty articles, not inviting them to your press event is a pretty low thing to do. It's not like Kotaku won't write shitty articles about how Ubisoft is misogynistic or whatever even without being invited.

Kotakunt should be banned from E3 completely.

And Ubisoft should be banned from making any more games. That doesn't mean that it will happen does it?

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

They were bashing on Ubi really hard in last year, but it's not like Ubi hasn't deserved it. It's funny how people are for freedom of speech and are bashing on AMD for not giving Linus new cards, but are okay with it when it's someone they don't like. Double standards at it's finest.

Two very different situations.

1) AMD has allegedly not sent out any review cards whatsoever. They have only given them out to fanboys.

2) You can buy the 390X in at least 1 store right now, and possibly a lot more stores in just 2 days.

For this to be anything like the AMD situation Ubisoft would have had to have launched the game already, not just showing a demo of a game that will be released next year or whatever, and not invited any gaming websites, only people who are Ubisoft fanboys.

I don't think anyone have said anything about freedom of speech by the way. This is not a freedom of speech issue because nobody is preventing Kotaku from saying anything. Freedom of speech gets brought up when for example people get banned in masses for talking about their controversial opinions (FatPeopleHate on reddit for example). I don't think anyone said anything about freedom of speech in the "AMD isn't sending out review cards" thread.

It's Kotaku, they were probably caught with their pants down....No pun, literally: maybe a pretty Ubisoft rep was ehmmm shall we say, purchasing some better scores and coverage and Ubi decided to put some distance?

As immensely fun as that would be however, I don't think Ubi is that forward thinking.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Two very different situations.

1) AMD has allegedly not sent out any review cards whatsoever. They have only given them out to fanboys.

2) You can buy the 390X in at least 1 store right now, and possibly a lot more stores in just 2 days.

For this to be anything like the AMD situation Ubisoft would have had to have launched the game already, not just showing a demo of a game that will be released next year or whatever, and not invited any gaming websites, only people who are Ubisoft fanboys.

I don't think anyone have said anything about freedom of speech by the way. This is not a freedom of speech issue because nobody is preventing Kotaku from saying anything. Freedom of speech gets brought up when for example people get banned in masses for talking about their controversial opinions (FatPeopleHate on reddit for example). I don't think anyone said anything about freedom of speech in the "AMD isn't sending out review cards" thread.

Aye, Freedom of speech infringements would be Ubisoft attempting to silence or remove reviews or coverage from press even if they purchase products out of their own pocket to review (They can always refuse to give out review samples and press materials but you hardly need any, you just release your review a few days later after retail hits the streets)

-------

Current Rig

-------