Windows 10 --->Home<--- will not Allow the Ability to Disable/Delay any Updates for the OS

http://www.howtogeek.com/219166/you-won%E2%80%99t-be-able-to-disable-or-delay-windows-updates-on-windows-10-home/

Microsoft says Windows 10 will be “always up-to-date,” and they mean it. There’s no way to turn Windows Update off. Microsoft says feature updates will be tested on consumer devices before they’re rolled out to business PCs.

This time around, Microsoft is committed to rolling out both security updates and feature updates to Windows 10. Most of the included applications will also automatically update themselves via the Windows Store. Microsoft is thinking of Windows 10 as the last versions of Windows, so instead of a Windows 11 or Windows 10.1, we should see feature updates and interface changes appear on an ongoing basis.

The only options are “Automatic (recommended)” and “Notify to schedule restart.”

ximg_55725085a91cd.png.pagespeed.ic.beYU

While most computers will come with Windows 10 Home, you’ll also be able to use Windows 10 Professional. You can pay $99 to upgrade a computer from Home to Professional. If you were previously using Windows 7 Pro or Windows 8 Pro, you’ll get Windows 10 Professional when you upgrade.

Windows 10 Professional will have the ability to delay Windows updates. As Microsoft’s Windows 10 specifications page puts it:

“Windows 10 Home users will have updates from Windows Update automatically available. Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Enterprise users will have the ability to defer updates.”

It’s unclear if this will actually be a huge stability problem. In the recent past, Microsoft has released quite a few broken Windows updates that caused problems on some computers — here are just a few of them. It may be a good idea to delay those “optional” updates on your Windows 7 or 8.1 PCs today, just to ensure they won’t cause problems when you install them. That’s what businesses do by delaying and testing updates.

There is a lot of information, check out the link: http://www.howtogeek.com/219166/you-won%E2%80%99t-be-able-to-disable-or-delay-windows-updates-on-windows-10-home/

My Current Build:

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.5 GHz MOBO: ASUS Z97M mATX RAM: Samsung 8GB (2 x 4 GB) @ 1600 MHz Storage #1: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB HDD Storage #2: Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 120 GB SSD GPU: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X WINDFORCE Case: Cooler Master N200 PSU: EVGA 80+ Bronze 600B 600W Monitor: AOC 2367 23" IPS Display 

Future Upgrades
RAM: Samsung 8GB (2 x 4 GB) @ 1600 MHz (for a total of 16 GB) Storage #3: Sansung 850 Pro Series 256 GB SSD GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 Twin Frozer V Case: Corsair 350D Window mATX PSU: Cooler Master VSM 80+ Gold  650W
Add me on Steam:
Click me!

So freakin glad I bought 8 pro from m$ software swap instead of a lower version of 8 :P (8.1 upgrade is free, 8.1 copies were like $5 more :P)

Also cause I can use hyper-v :D

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I don't have a problem with this.

OS:Windows 10 Pro |  CPU:Intel Core i7 4790k | GPU:ASUS STRIX GTX 970 | RAM:Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) | MoBo:ASUS Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Storage: 500GB Crucial MX200 SSD, 250GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD (x2) | Monitors:Acer XB270HU/ASUS VH238H | Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow Tournament Edition Chroma w/ Razer Greens | Mouse:Razer Deathadder Chroma | Headset:BeyerDynamic DT990Pro w/ Antlion Modmic

I don't have a problem with this.

Until you turn on your PC one day needing to do something and then the "Windows is installing updates" screen comes up.

"Rawr XD"

umm just block the microsoft website in the hosts file lol

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Until you turn on your PC one day needing to do something and then the "Windows is installing updates" screen comes up.

Won't take long with an SSD, I can see the annoyance on a mechanical drive.

OS:Windows 10 Pro |  CPU:Intel Core i7 4790k | GPU:ASUS STRIX GTX 970 | RAM:Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) | MoBo:ASUS Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Storage: 500GB Crucial MX200 SSD, 250GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD (x2) | Monitors:Acer XB270HU/ASUS VH238H | Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow Tournament Edition Chroma w/ Razer Greens | Mouse:Razer Deathadder Chroma | Headset:BeyerDynamic DT990Pro w/ Antlion Modmic

I think Linus mentioned this on the WAN show last Friday.

Edit: I was right.

Microsoft explains what you’ll lose by upgrading to Windows 10

Source 1: linustechtips.com - microsoft explains what you%E2%80% OP: Fuzzy Crumpkin

Source 2: theverge.com/2015/6/1/8696949/windows-10-feature-loss

• Windows 10 is coming July 29

• all Windows 7 and 8.1 users are encouraged to reserve their free upgrade through taskbar notification

• losing Windows Media Center, the card game Hearts, and Windows 7’s desktop gadgets

• new drivers will be required for floppy disks on Windows

• watching DVDs will also require “separate playback software”

• Cortana will only be available in US, UK, China, France, Italy, Germany, and Spain at launch

• Windows Hello (biometric passwords) will need an infrared camera for facial recognition or a supported fingerprint reader

• Xbox Music & Xbox Video streaming apps will be constrained by region-based licenses

• Pro and Enterprise editions will be able to defer updates, Windows Home will not have that option - updates will be downloaded and installed automatically as soon as they’re available

I'm sure the mandatory updates isn't what you think they are. Obviously they will install by default but I'm sure Microsoft will provide a way to rollback an update, or at least I'm assuming they will.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

FUCK YOU I WANNA BE ABLE TO CANCEL UPDATES FUCK YOU I DON'T WANT MY PC AUTOMATICALLY RESTARTING FUCK YOU

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

People are over-reacting with this. When it installs updates, to can set it to restart when you are not at your PC (Example: 3AM tomorrow)

Having problems with your fresh Windows 10 install? PM Me!
Windows 10- Want To Disable Telemetry, Disable Cortana, Disable Windows Updates? Look at my guide HERE
LTT Beginners Guide  | Community Standards | TN&R Posting Guidelines

People are over-reacting with this. When it installs updates, to can set it to restart when you are not at your PC (Example: 3AM tomorrow)

But i never want to restart my PC. Ever. I keep a lot of things open and it's a big pain in the ass to reopen them after a restart.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Why are people acting like it's something that is going to bother them daily?

Why are people acting like it's something that is going to bother them daily?

Not necessarily daily, but it's still annoying you have no control over updates. Hell, you were able to control it since XP, and now you can't do jack shit about them now?

Not necessarily daily, but it's still annoying you have no control over updates. Hell, you were able to control it since XP, and now you can't do jack shit about them now?

I tend to turn on automatic updates when I install Windows for myself anyway. I'd rather have a minor inconvenience once in a while than go a few months and suddenly remember I haven't updated Windows. The Notify to Schedule Restart option seems to make it pretty easy to set a time when you're not busy to restart anyway.

tbh, ubdates should be mandatory. Its the idiots that dont update that are the reason there are botnets that are so large.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

I tend to turn on automatic updates when I install Windows for myself anyway. I'd rather have a minor inconvenience once in a while than go a few months and suddenly remember I haven't updated Windows. The Notify to Schedule Restart option seems to make it pretty easy to set a time when you're not busy to restart anyway.

Really, i hate Automatic updates so much. I'd rather update my computer in one sitting than have my pc keep asking me to restart my pc.

tbh, ubdates should be mandatory. Its the idiots that dont update that are the reason there are botnets that are so large.

i really don't think so. i'm outraged that updates will be forced. now i have no will to use windows 10 anymore.

This is a retoast but I'll answer some of these post since they are misinformed.

You can still schedule the restart to whenever you want. Its automatic download/install. Not automatic restart.

I'm sure the mandatory updates isn't what you think they are. Obviously they will install by default but I'm sure Microsoft will provide a way to rollback an update, or at least I'm assuming they will.

Yes, you can still uninstall updates. When you are Windows Update, select Advanced settings -> Uninstall updates.

RIP: People who have to rely on mobile broadband.

Since Windows 8.0 you can set connections as metered and Windows will automatically prevent any Windows service from downloading/uploading on a connection set as metered, including Windows Update.

FUCK YOU I WANNA BE ABLE TO CANCEL UPDATES FUCK YOU I DON'T WANT MY PC AUTOMATICALLY RESTARTING FUCK YOU

It's not automatic restart, its automatic download/install. You still choose when to restart.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

Really, i hate Automatic updates so much. I'd rather update my computer in one sitting than have my pc keep asking me to restart my pc.

i really don't think so. i'm outraged that updates will be forced. now i have no will to use windows 10 anymore.

I'm forgetful enough that it's useful and I turn my PC off every night and before work every day anyway so it's not really hard to tell Windows "hey, restart at 5:30am when I'm getting ready for work" or something like that.

Can't wait for dreamspark to release a win 10 embedded industry edition like they did with win 8.1

I use win 8.1 embedded industry on my laptop and win 8.1 pro on the desktop @ home

I can't afford to install updates I don't know work properly. I need 0 downtime if possible so this is a bummer for me

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

If it's that big of a deal, then just get the Pro version. 

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

Pretty sure this was covered already somewhere in Tech News...

But either way, this doesn't bother me. I've always stayed up to date on updates anyways.

COMIC SANS

That's bullshit since people like my grandma have internet that is complete shit (like less than 1Mbps download), which means this will bog down EVERYTHING. IF she gets a new computer anytime soon that has Windows 10, I will not let her use it unless it has Windows 10 Pro, just so I can turn off automatic updates.

If it's that big of a deal, then just get the Pro version.

$$$

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)