Windows 10 --->Home<--- will not Allow the Ability to Disable/Delay any Updates for the OS

Yeah. They don't just shove them down your throat.

I was not speaking about steam the client in general, i was speaking about games using the steam service to update their games, with a client check. If your game client version does not match the server version, you cannot use multiplayer functionalities. By default, your games will auto download a patch (update) when you log into steam. While i do not use steam often, i do not believe you can change a setting to absolutely deny certain updates on games, but you can reschedule them to update at a certain time.

The point still stands that this is a good feature, and it is in the best interest of the majority of people to help them remain secured. MS should offer more options to this, like what @GoodBytes mentioned in his post. Some people even use older hardware drivers because newer drivers can remove functionality in some things (Older Nvidia drivers worked better with shield streaming, so we would rollback all the time to whichever driver worked best). 

Nothing is being "shoved down our throats". I can also assure you that if Microsoft does not give us the options to hold off on updates, there will be guides on how to enable those functions ourselves. Even if we have to edit the registry or shell extensions to add a physical button to do it, or simply block whatever connection is required by windows update to their servers, there will be ways of stopping this. The most effective way to get things done, would be to go complain to MS. The reason this is happening in the first place, is because during every windows installation, people select the "let me choose when to update", but then they never update. Then when something bad happens to someone's PC, MS gets the blame for it. This will be a great preventative measure against most malware. 

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

Yes, you are right, the world goes around you.

I'm sorry, where did I say it did?

K. I'll remember this when you'll have driver issues, and you'll start fighting between Windows Update and official drivers, like right now AMD users under Windows 10. Then I'll point you to this thread. This is Windows 8 dropping the start button during beta. Mostly everyone said how a great idea that was. Well... we can see how it ended up not being so.

No. because in any case new builds apears only if you done all updates first.

I was replying to your statement directed specifically at me and my experiences. 

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Lol, Microsoft can kindly fck themselves. I have turned off Windows Update for about an year because they were screwing things up which made some programs crash.

You know some of those KB updates fcking shit up? That's why. Guess I'll not upgrade to Windshit 10.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

Lol, Microsoft can kindly fck themselves. I have turned off Windows Update for about an year because they were screwing things up which made some programs crash.

You know some of those KB updates fcking shit up? That's why. Guess I'll not upgrade to Windshit 10.

I only remember one update causing a blue screen as of recent, and it was fixed pretty quickly. It is probably safe to assume you have never used windows 8, because they put features in windows 8 to auto rollback an update if it causes an issue like that, and windows 10 is based entirely off windows 8.1. Your animosity towards Microsoft, and the way you structure your disdain towards them looks pretty childish. If you don't want to upgrade, then don't. You do not have to be as petty as insulting their naming because you are unhappy with one thing that happened. 

Besides, i am willing to bet any amount of money that you will upgrade to windows 10, simply for DX12. Whether you pay for it legitly or not will probably be a different story entirely. 

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

That's a terrible argument.

"They are doing worse things so this is alright" is never something you should say.

that wasnt my argument.  if you want the latest security updates, features and bug fixes then you have to update anyway and lets face it....your a bit of a dip shit if your not doing that in the first place to be honest. the problem is power users seam to think that we should write the rules, and that we have the power to change things like this.....well im sorry but were a drop in the ocean. Outside of business users, average joe is the biggest user of windows, and ill bet most dont even know how to disable windows update or that you could and im damn sure most dont know WTF is updating. i wonder how many calls to MS customer service are due to viruses that could have been stopped if the user had updated in the first place.

sounds more like shitty programs or a bad install than windows updates.....ill bet that you got pissed of waiting for an update and just switched it off. i can count the times i have run into a bad update on 1 hand and most of them came from a pc with other problems anyway, btw i fresh install every 9 months ish thats a hell of a lot of updates...as for not updating, thats just stupid windows 10 has DX12 and is free for a limted time....you will have to upgrade at some point and if you dont do it now then you will have screwed yourself out of money.

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

Right, and the fact that I am using Windows 10 Insider, and I have, like many, buggy drivers wanting to install it self.

I had some that broke search in win10 . that was around the time of the second technical preview.

Even then it's a good thing. Recovering from a screwup is easy these days. Moreover, people can learn to know what they're doing.

Yes they can but I can tell you from first hand experience that they don't want to

K. I'll remember this when you'll have driver issues, and you'll start fighting between Windows Update and official drivers, like right now AMD users under Windows 10. Then I'll point you to this thread. This is Windows 8 dropping the start button during beta. Mostly everyone said how a great idea that was. Well... we can see how it ended up not being so.

No. because in any case new builds apears only if you done all updates first.

Dropping the start button wasn't an issue unless you had a 2 on 1 where the only start button was on the keyboard.

I only remember one update causing a blue screen as of recent, and it was fixed pretty quickly. It is probably safe to assume you have never used windows 8, because they put features in windows 8 to auto rollback an update if it causes an issue like that, and windows 10 is based entirely off windows 8.1. Your animosity towards Microsoft, and the way you structure your disdain towards them looks pretty childish. If you don't want to upgrade, then don't. You do not have to be as petty as insulting their naming because you are unhappy with one thing that happened. 

Besides, i am willing to bet any amount of money that you will upgrade to windows 10, simply for DX12. Whether you pay for it legitly or not will probably be a different story entirely. 

Don't bet. I'm not a huge gamer and Windows 10 has no use for me and also definitaly no DX12.

I only play GTA games and some racing games and only if R* can make the greatest GTA game with DX12, then maybe I'll upgrade to W10.

But as seeing they have been focusing way too much on GTA Online bullshit, which is NOT I wait for, then you can bet I'll stay on W7 forever.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

Dropping the start button wasn't an issue unless you had a 2 on 1 where the only start button was on the keyboard.

Incorrect, It was a huge problem to a point that Microsoft put it back in 8.1

Also, 2-in-1's and tablets, have a dedicated Windows button, which opens the start menu. Windows 8 was specifically designed for these devices.

Incorrect, It was a huge problem to a point that Microsoft put it back in 8.1

Also, 2-in-1's and tablets, have a dedicated Windows button, which opens the start menu. Windows 8 was specifically designed for these devices.

That mostly because people don't know there is a Windows key on the keyboard or if they do what it does.

Yea with Windows 8 they had to have 1 dedicated button. The one on the keyboard counted surprisingly enough. But also enough companies put it on the keyboard part or for the ones that come apart, on the dock but. I've seen a few models that had this issue.

The one nice thing it did bring though was the ability to right click the start button for the Win+X menu.

Yes they can but I can tell you from first hand experience that they don't want to

Then let them rot with the rest of the lazy and genetic refuse.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

But i never want to restart my PC. Ever. I keep a lot of things open and it's a big pain in the ass to reopen them after a restart.

Im pretty sure thiers an a setting to repon what ever was open before restart.

And to you fools.

it won't restart randomly

you will know what time its restarts  which can be most likely choosed

if your a power user buy pro

they are doing this because most people who buy computers buy home, and they forget to update and it causes more problems to never update than to update.

and i don't see as many people flipping about chrome, as it does this too. They do it beacuse it is the right thing to do.

F*** this

00110000 00110001 00110000 00110000 00110000 00110000 00110001 00110000 00100000 00110000 00110001 00110001 00110000 00110001 00110001 00110001 00110001 00100000 00110000 00110001 00110001 00110001 00110000 00110000 00110001 00110000 00100000 00110000 00110001 00110001 00110000 00110000 00110001 00110000 00110000 00100000 00110000 00110001 00110001 00110000 00110000 00110001 00110000 00110001 00100000 00110000 00110001 00110001 00110000 00110001 00110001 00110000 00110001 

they are doing this because most people who buy computers buy home, and they forget to update and it causes more problems to never update than to update.

Then why not just make it auto install by default and then have it buried in the advanced options?

It's never good for us consumers to lose control over our own computers. Especially not when it's something as crucial as drivers and other potentially computer breaking software being automatically installed.

Also, like GoodBytes has pointed out not even the Pro version can completely block updates. That's really bad and stupid.

Then why not just make it auto install by default and then have it buried in the advanced options?

It's never good for us consumers to lose control over our own computers. Especially not when it's something as crucial as drivers and other potentially computer breaking software being automatically installed.

Also, like GoodBytes has pointed out not even the Pro version can completely block updates. That's really bad and stupid.

Pro version should have full control

home shouldn't, like da chromebook. autoupdates and rarely any problems. im "tech support" for my family, friends  extended friends etc. 75% of issues was not installng updates.i mean.......derp. they are fixing the problem that people won't fix thems selves blame the people not ms..

That was pretty smart of you. Do you still have your magic crystal ball so you can check next week's lottery numbers for me?

Window 7 Pro was only a few dollars more anyway, why not pay a little bit more for a better version.

Can I point out on PC an ideal world near perfect reliability option does not exist... And your PC could break for a million other reasons. Users having their installs break once in blue moon and having to reinstall could prove beneficial given how crudy average consumer setups get...

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory