How To Become A Moderator

So I wanted to know how the LTT Forum Moderators became Moderators

Hello

I heard they get asked for it.

But I have personally have never seen anyone 'turned into' a mod

(And by the way, I assume asking is not the best way of becoming one :P not sure though) 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

You must be the chosen one first ... Asking is not Chosen one quality ... 

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

first off you need to have saved a puppyfrom a house fire, and then you need to have a key to your city. So once you get that you need to fly to canada and get interviewed by Sir Linus van der techtipps.

Just kidding, mods get selected, specialy in an established forum with no need to quickly get a basic mod team together. pretty sure its that way here too.

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

Linus asks you to get it out and shake it

no but really they probably ask people which have shown exemplary skills to be moderators, its possible you could PM one of the moderating team or Linus/Slick and ask - but its unlikely you will be accepted without proof

I mean, I have no idea why I have never been asked to be a moderator... probably because I shout PENIS really loudly sometimes, sigh

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Spend some time on the forum first. Be very helpful, professional and mature, and always use good punctuation. 

The great Sir Slick (or Lord Luke if you prefer) comes down from The Cloud and bestows upon thee a badge, and with that badge comes great power.

Basically, if we need more mods, and Slick thinks you'd be suitable for the job, he asks you whether you'd be interested.

HTTP/2 203

Not this again :(

System/Server Administrator - Networking - Storage - Virtualization - Scripting - Applications

Step 1. Beg Linus to be a mod.

Step 2. Give Linus a Lamborghini.

Step 3. ???

Step 4. Profit. 

But what should he do with 2 Lambo's? He can only drive one at a time :P

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

But what should he do with 2 Lambo's? He can only drive one at a time :P

2 Lambo's isn't special. The best way to do it is to get 3 Lambo's and crash two into each other then drive off in the third while firing Slick. 

2 Lambo's isn't special. The best way to do it is to get 3 Lambo's and crash two into each other then drive off in the third while firing Slick. 

no no first you fire slick for letting you have 3 lambos , then rehire him , crash 2 then fire him for letting you crash the 2 , then drive off in the third ! 

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

I'm not sure if the OP wants info in LTT specifically or forums in general?

Anyhoo, i would guess that it's pretty much the same procedure in every forum I've ever been a part of.

1) New user creates account.

2) New user invests a LOT of time and effort, in reading (reading is the most important aspect imho as that will teach you how to cummunicate within any given context), posting, participating and helping out. Not for the purpose of becoming a moderator, but because he or she A; thinks it's a fun forum and/or B; is very passionate about the subject matter and/or C; is very knowledgable about the subject matter.

3) Existing staff contacts (by this time not-so-new) user and asks if he could moderate a sub-forum or two.

4) Existing staff and newly appointed n00b moderator takes it from there to see if everything works out as expected.

5) Large social profit and a great forum was had by all.

My .02$

#1 rule of the internet.

If you ask to be a moderator, or ask how to become a moderator, you won't be a moderator. Simple as that.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

kHtI7IP.jpg

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

You don't become a moderator, you were born a moderator.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

The great Sir Slick (or Lord Luke if you prefer) comes down from The Cloud and bestows upon thee a badge, and with that badge comes great power.

Basically, if we need more mods, and Slick thinks you'd be suitable for the job, he asks you whether you'd be interested.

You forgot about the sacrificial goat.... Jeez

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

tumblr_lypj20eVX41r3rk2zo1_400.gif

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

tumblr_lypj20eVX41r3rk2zo1_400.gif

Hahaha lookit it go!

Dis track?  Jesus christ why'd we even fight a war?  - Ron Cadillac

#1 rule of the internet.

If you ask to be a moderator, or ask how to become a moderator, you won't be a moderator. Simple as that.

I hate that, I will ask if I damn well please. I have no desire to be a moderator, but jesus if you don't know, ask....

The ban hammer must find you worthy

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I hate that, I will ask if I damn well please. I have no desire to be a moderator, but jesus if you don't know, ask....

Those who seek greater power, are those who should not have it. Which is why the world is the way it is.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Those who seek greater power, are those who should not have it. Which is why the world is the way it is.

I can't say I agree, to each there own.