How To Become A Moderator

I can't say I agree, to each there own. 

You've never noticed that those who seek greater authority almost always end up abusing it for their own ends?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

You've never noticed that those who seek greater authority almost always end up abusing it for their own ends?

I dislike putting titles on groups of people. So as I said, I disagree. But to each their own. 

The great Sir Slick (or Lord Luke if you prefer) comes down from The Cloud and bestows upon thee a badge, and with that badge comes great power.

Basically, if we need more mods, and Slick thinks you'd be suitable for the job, he asks you whether you'd be interested.

Don't forget gaben

Having never been a moderator, I will not proceed to tell you the steps to become a moderator.  You must first travel to Vancouver Canada to visit the frozen hinterlands of Linus Media Empire, there you must reconstruct a dismantled gaming pc within 10 minutes from scratch or be cast out to feed the polar bears.  You you pass that challenge, you will then be required to play hockey while grabbing the energy of the northern lights to power Linus new building.  Only if you accomplish all of these things will you be given the keys to the kingdom to moderate the unwashed masses.  The mod job is a position of incalculable power, they are like the hand of the king, charged with the power powers and responsibilities, but less fun and happiness of playing with toys.  THIS is your burden, a burden all mods must take on.  You will work countless hours with no pay, but on the upside, if you ever visit Linus headquarters again, they will allow you to enter the building during a winter snow storm to keep you from freezing.

Are you ready for this great challenge?  Do you have what it takes?

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...