GTA V PC - Modding not possible.. [Possibly]

Tim Drake

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but it seems modding is not possible!

inb4 change.org

I was wrong. Rockstar did everything to prevent modding of GTA5, so at this moment impossible to do anything via editing game files. All my buddies modders share the same opinion, that GTA is short living like any other game whithout mods, so i do not care about modding it unless:
1) modding will be possible by changes in future patches or when drm and encryption will be hacked.
2) when game will have stable patch which works for every player.
3) i don't see much potency to modify the game, just a few minor changes without "wow" effects, just make it possible to tweak everything is definetly not for first day players, so better give it some time and see, perhaps game will be dead very soon (see p1).
4) at this moment i have so many problems, that first question is for me how not finish in suicide. -ENBSeries

Source

Yes I know this isn't exactly the most credible of source but still..

If this is true, R* need to get those thoughts and shove them where the sun don't shine..

EDIT: misleading information.

See here: https://www.reddit.c...prevent/cqd47wj

And here: https://www.reddit.c..._just_isnt_yet/"

Sad Panda :(

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

My PC CPU: 2600K@4.5GHz 1.3v Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 MB: ASUS Maximus IV RAM: Kingston 1600MHz 8GB & Corsair 1600MHz 16GB GPU: 780Ti Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, Samsung 830 256GB SSD, Kingston 128GB SSD, WD Black 1TB,WD Green 1TB. PSU: Corsair AX850 Case: CM HAF X. Optical drive: LG Bluray burner  MacBook Pro, Hackintosh

Boycott GTA V. Nevermind, that won't work, they're already rolling in cash.

QUOTE ME OR I PROBABLY WON'T SEE YOUR RESPONSE 

My Setup:

Desktop

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15  Motherboard: Asus Prime X370-PRO  RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @3200MHz  GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 ULTRA (+50 core +400 memory)  Storage: 1050GB Crucial MX300, 1TB Crucial MX500  PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 P2  Chassis: NZXT Noctis 450 White/Blue OS: Windows 10 Professional  Displays: Asus MG279Q FreeSync OC, LG 27GL850-B

Main Laptop:

Spoiler

Laptop: Sager NP 8678-S  CPU: Intel Core i7 6820HK @ 2.7GHz  RAM: 32GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz  GPU: GTX 980m 8GB  Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD  OS: Windows 10 Pro  Chassis: Clevo P670RG  Audio: HyperX Cloud II Gunmetal, Audio Technica ATH-M50s, JBL Creature II

Thinkpad T420:

Spoiler

CPU: i5 2520M  RAM: 8GB DDR3  Storage: 275GB Crucial MX30

It will happen eventually, it's just that I don't see rockstar taking modding easily if they want to release new content for another year / year and a half. Once they stop supporting it they'll give less of a shit and let people mod it. However saying that rockstar have had mods highlighted on their own website. R* want to make their money, once they've done that, they'll probably not crack down on  modders. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Well...I doubt I will buy it now, if true. Really the potential mods and people's creativity is what pushed me to buy the other GTA games, so without the feature, GTA V might as well be a polished turd.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Seeing as the game is no less then 24 hours old, give it a rest. GTA IV took time for modders to start releasing stuff, It's going to take for GTA V too.

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

Most likely just tweaked settings so not really a mod: "GTA5 almost don't have anything to modify from my side, all things can be tweaked in game files." 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

I don't give a fuck, me and my friends are having a blast with the way the game currently is but I know nothing lasts forever and we will get bored but I will start to worry when that day comes :)

Maybe by then they will allow modding *fingers crossed*

it will happen eventually, gta games has always been a pain in the ass to mod well before gta4, moding the games wasn't simply to change a file in this case, iirc gta 4 mods started to appear months after launch

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

According to a popular modder on the community cracked versions of the game will most likely be modable.

Way to go rockstar , you are making the eventual pirated version better than the original.

Lol.

It will be modded. Modders are some of the most persistent fuckers around.

I remember back in the Halo 2 days community modders developed entire programs to modify the console version of Halo 2. Yeah, the original Xbox version. A popular program back then was called DotHalo. You could make a gun shoot tanks as a projectile, or anything really. (Mod your Xbox, copy Halo 2 from disc to the Xbox hard drive, FTP the map files to your PC, use DotHalo to modify meta tags, use another community developed program to resign the map, FTP it back to your Xbox hard drive, launch the game, play the modded map.)

Edit: Also, just because one modder says on a random forum it is not moddable means almost nothing.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

ive seen mods for it

like FOV on first person view

and that 3D injector thing for oculus now works on GTA

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

It will be modded. Modders are some of the most persistent fuckers around.

Edit: Also, just because one modder says on a random forum it is not moddable means almost nothing.

I already said that bud..

Not a trusty source

ive seen mods for it

like FOV on first person view

and that 3D injector thing for oculus now works on GTA

Those aren't mods.

Please read again.

Mods > Tweaks

It appears that in order to mod the game it has to be cracked. Once more, the fruitless efforts of trying to stop piracy harm the gaming community again.

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

@Trik'Stari 

You're probably not moist any more, will you know PC what would you expect.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

found this on reddit

"The person who said it isn't moddable was talking about his own ENB shader mods, which may indeed not be possible based on his own skill. The game is NOT locked down. We still have .rpf files that the game is enclosed in, and as soon as someone reverse engineers the game's executable we'll have the "key" to open these files and do what we want.

ENB's developer has also been known to post pretty delusional things, such as one post claiming that Rockstar was actively trying to prevent his mods in GTA 4 updates when all they did was change the way shadows worked, which UNINTENTIONALLY broke his mod. He had a hissy fit and has never made a version for GTA 4's later versions, and probably won't be coming back for GTA 5 because of this vendetta against Rockstar. Let me reiterate: The PS3 and 360 versions of the game were modded to hell and back, and those DO actively try to prevent mods. Why would the game be uncrackable on the best and most open platform of them all? Give it time, it's moddable but not yet. What one guy states isn't gospel."

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Those aren't mods.

Please read again.

Mods > Tweaks

the author of the fov one called it a mod

looking at  what he wrote it certainly doenst look like a tweak to me

https://www.reddit.com/r/GrandTheftAutoV_PC/comments/32n8m0/i_made_a_mod_for_freely_setting_your_firstperson/

I already said that bud..

Not a trusty source

Except it's a dev from ENB, the guys who make the skyrim, gta 4 "insert game name here" mods. http://enbdev.com/download.htmThey clearly know more than most, being able to expect mod support immediately was a little far fetched.