GTA V PC - Modding not possible.. [Possibly]

Tim Drake

@Trik'Stari 

You're probably not moist any more, will you know PC what would you expect.

It'll get cracked, it always does.

found this on reddit

Good to know.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Not yet... Someone's gonna crack it one day...

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

It'll get cracked, it always does.

Good to know.

Isn't that illegal ? 

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

This is fake as hell. They already said they will. I cant be arsed to get the source because I cant belive how stupid this is lol.

Slick:

I don't care if you are right or wrong... someone will come around and correct you if you are wrong. What people need to realize is that we need to step up as a community and get above the pathetic fights and bickering. Share knowledge, be friendly, enjoy your stay.

He also forgot to mention if you dont know about the topic then dont make stuff up. Dont claim fake or assume things just by reading the title, Read the post. It doesnt matter if you made 3,000 as it could be mostly crap...

This is fake as hell. They already said they will. I cant be arsed to get the source because I cant belive how stupid this is lol.

Wasn't that a quote from them on facebook before the actual game released? This is one of the devs of it from their forums, I doubt that he would lie with such a thing.  

After reading @TheInverseKey comment and looking at that post on reddit, it seems like the devs are just attention whores. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Gamespot: Modding took off for GTA IV PC. What are you doing to support modding for V? Is there anything within the game that supports it?

Rockstar: Since GTA Online has such a massive and vibrant community, our primary focus is making sure that nothing detracts from that experience or has a negative impact on the overall community of players.

One would think that if modding was a supported feature, they'd be taking the opportunity to hype it up. Not using an evasive, EA-style "nothing that detracts from the experience" non-answer. I don't claim to know what they did with modding support, I don't even have the game. But their response to that question sure sounds like the closest thing to a 'no' their PR guys will let them give.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but it seems modding is not possible!

inb4 change.org

Source

Yes I know this isn't exactly the most credible of source but still..

If this is true, R* need to get those thoughts and shove them where the sun don't shine..

Here is a link to r/pcmasterrace say that the quote is wrong because they change how shaders work

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/32olg1/psa_gta_5_will_be_moddable_it_just_isnt_yet/ 

Shame for everyone involved that 900 million watercooler game consumer muppets already bought it blind before anyone found this out, Rockstar is lining their pockets, assholes and other orifices in money and everyone's opinions are just noise now.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Boycott GTA V. Nevermind, that won't work, they're already rolling in cash.

What do you think GTA V for PC was anyway?? Just a cash grab...

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

Looks like they did a great job with the 18 months they took to make the port and the record budget.... not.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

hasnt someone modded it already for invincablity unlimted ammo and no reloads?

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

R* are confused this is PC not console,no modding your game will die...at least something the scale and epicness of GTA dead in no time,unless it has a beast online experience,but single player with no mods is dead in couple of months.

Skyrim would have been nothing and dead without mods its that simple.

Am I the only person who does not give a shit about mods? The game is perfect, runs butter smooth, fun as hell... What else do you need? I've put at least a 100 hours in GTA IV without mods, I imagine I will do the same with this one as well, only more because of GTA Online.

"Same rules since the first man picked up the first stick and beat the second man's ass with it."

Just letting everyone know that I am only being a messenger.

I know for a fact whether through change.org, lots of R* hate, misinterpreted files or someone being a whore for attention that GTA V will have mods somehow.

P.S Can everyone stop being stupid and know what a mod is?

Changing some lights or giving yourself godmode is NOT a mod it is more of a tweak.

R* are confused this is PC not console,no modding your game will die...at least something the scale and epicness of GTA dead in no time,unless it has a beast online experience,but single player with no mods is dead in couple of months.

Skyrim would have been nothing and dead without mods its that simple.

As much as we all love Skyrim, it didn't have much going for it beyond a nice looking and extremely large (but completely static) world. I've heard it described as being the "width of an ocean but the depth of a puddle," and that's very appropriate. Skyrim needed it's mods.

Battlefield 3, on the other hand, has a combat system that has kept people engaged and active for almost four years without mod support. Just depends on whether or not GTA V stands on its own.

I'll quickly email rockstar. Ask me if you want any details of what happened.

emailed rockstar this:

According to news sites, GTA V PC will not be moddable due to complications with modifying files. Why? It seems like you're trapped in the past. Mods have made PC ports of GTA better than they already are. I'm aware of hot coffee etc., but when you have strip clubs with strippers who shove their boobs in your face, it doesn't matter.

Thanks.

As much as we all love Skyrim, it didn't have much going for it beyond a nice looking and extremely large (but completely static) world. I've heard it described as being the "width of an ocean but the depth of a puddle," and that's very appropriate. Skyrim needed it's mods.

Battlefield 3, on the other hand, has a combat system that has kept people engaged and active for almost four years without mod support. Just depends on whether or not GTA V stands on its own.

I agree on the quantity vs quality thing. GTA 5 has been soaking up my free time since monday evening, and so far the game is anything but shallow.

That being said, GTA IV modding was a nightmare in any real practical sense, from yellow taxi's littering the streets to Red skies at odd camera angles. Modding GTA IV was good for youtube videos and having laughs with friends, but a huge PITA. GTA V modding wouldn't be much different, plus its so locked down by online content that I'm not surprised modders are having problems. The online content itself is meant to add longevity to the game. Can't really have modding and online, so I'm guessing Rockstar went with the more financially sound option. Mods are free, micro-transactions are not. People on console still play multiplayer, so GTA V definitely stands on its own.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

emailed rockstar this:

Un-neccessary, the dude who wrote this is wrong apparently. I'm currently trying to get OP to update the most as its misleading information!

See: https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/32od3o/enbseries_rockstar_did_everything_to_prevent/cqd47wj

and: https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/32olg1/psa_gta_5_will_be_moddable_it_just_isnt_yet/

Just posting this to explain that the other post is completely wrong. The person who said it isn't moddable was talking about his own ENB shader mods, which may indeed not be possible based on his own skill. The game is NOT locked down. We still have .rpf files that the game is enclosed in, and as soon as someone reverse engineers the game's executable we'll have the "key" to open these files and do what we want.

ENB's developer has also been known to post pretty delusional things, such as one post claiming that Rockstar was actively trying to prevent his mods in GTA 4 updates when all they did was change the way shadows worked, which UNINTENTIONALLY broke his mod. He had a hissy fit and has never made a version for GTA 4's later versions, and probably won't be coming back for GTA 5 because of this vendetta against Rockstar.

Let me reiterate: The PS3 and 360 versions of the game were modded to hell and back, and those DO actively try to prevent mods. Why would the game be uncrackable on the best and most open platform of them all? Give it time, it's moddable but not yet. What one guy states isn't gospel.

BF3 is an online game,i never even finishes single campaign on BF3 or BF4...while GTA is more popular for its single player and story mode.

This is why you don't report news with only 1 source. Even if he were right, its still super sketchy to take some guy on reddit's word.

CPU: Intel i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core   Mobo: Asus Z97-A ATX LGA1150   Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series(2x4GB) DDR3-1600   GPU: Asus Strix OC GTX 970   HDD: WD Black 2TB - 7200RPM   SDD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB   PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Bronze - SemiMod   Case: NZXT S340 (Black)

PCPartPicker: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/PortedOasis/saved/fhdG3C

This is why you don't report news with only 1 source. Even if he were right, its still super sketchy to take some guy on reddit's word.

especially when other redditors call on the bs

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Well, we'll see in time. They may add full support later on when PC dust about the game settles.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

That's why I said it wasn't a credible source.