NEED HELP!!!!! (CPU)

i have a asus laptop asus tuf FX504 to be exact and i need to undervolt my cpu so that the temp dont rise to 90+ but i cant do it. it is locked my specs are intel - i5 8300H with gtx 1050 is there a way to unlock it so i could do it please help asap 

15 minutes ago, ShadowSweaty said:

i have a asus laptop asus tuf FX504 to be exact and i need to undervolt my cpu so that the temp dont rise to 90+ but i cant do it. it is locked my specs are intel - i5 8300H with gtx 1050 is there a way to unlock it so i could do it please help asap 

you can change the thermal paste, which will definitely lower temps, although as long as it's not thermal throttling i wouldnt worry about it

gaming system: R7 3700X @ 4.25Ghz cpu / B450 STEEL LEGEND mobo / 4x8gb corsair Vengeance @3333Mhz ram / RX 7900XTX pulse gpu / Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 3 cpu cooler /Coolermaster Qube 500 case / Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 12 1500w power supply

laptop: Dell xps 9510, 3.5k OLED, i7 11800h, rtx 3050 ti, 2x16gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, 1TB main drive, 2TB add in ssd

How exactly is the CPU reaching 90C? Normally, laptops have adequate cooling. I don't think you can undervolt an H-spec CPU(I believe it is relegated to HX), so I recommend opening up the laptop and clearing out any dust if you can. If you can, try changing out the thermal paste as well if you feel comfortable doing it.

@ShadowSweaty

How are you trying to undervolt? Did you try ThrottleStop?

Microsoft owns my soul.

Also, Dell is evil, but HP kinda nice.

3 minutes ago, Gat Pelsinger said:

@ShadowSweaty

How are you trying to undervolt? Did you try ThrottleStop?

i did try but its locked how can i unlock it? thats my question

ss.jpg

1 hour ago, ki8aras said:

you can change the thermal paste, which will definitely lower temps, although as long as it's not thermal throttling i wouldnt worry about it

it is thermal throttling very bad 

1 hour ago, ARandomPerson said:

How exactly is the CPU reaching 90C? Normally, laptops have adequate cooling. I don't think you can undervolt an H-spec CPU(I believe it is relegated to HX), so I recommend opening up the laptop and clearing out any dust if you can. If you can, try changing out the thermal paste as well if you feel comfortable doing it.

i have tried cleaning it i have gotten it cleaned and i have gotten the thermal paste changed its still reaching high temps 

8 minutes ago, ShadowSweaty said:

i have tried cleaning it i have gotten it cleaned and i have gotten the thermal paste changed its still reaching high temps 

it's odd that it's doing it after you change TP and clean it, with 100% fan speed in a cleaned laptop with changed thermal paste so it's not dried up, it shouldn't really get this hot, especially if it's doing almost nothing

Note: Users receive notifications after Mentions & Quotes. 

Feel free to ask any questions regarding my comments/build lists. I know a lot about PCs but not everything.

current PC:

Ryzen 5 5600 |16GB DDR4 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

PCs I used before:

1. Pentium G4500 | 4GB/8GB DDR4 2133Mhz | H110 | GTX 1050
  2. Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050
  3. Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz | 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

11 minutes ago, podkall said:

it's odd that it's doing it after you change TP and clean it, with 100% fan speed in a cleaned laptop with changed thermal paste so it's not dried up, it shouldn't really get this hot, especially if it's doing almost nothing

update its better i noticed the fans wire was disconnected its perfectly fine now mb guys 

also how can i fix power limit throttling

37 minutes ago, ShadowSweaty said:

i did try but its locked how can i unlock it? thats my question

Welp, that's sad. On one of my machines it is also disabled and the firmware is responsible for it. You can still try disabling VBS and restart as I have heard that it can fix the problem. Alternatively, there are other programs you can try as well such as Intel XTU but I don't think that it will support your CPU, so you can try searching for an older version.

At the very end, you might try different versions of your firmware (BIOS) but that is risky.

Microsoft owns my soul.

Also, Dell is evil, but HP kinda nice.