What do you think of Windows Recall?

CosmicEmotion

Bloatware

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

I was disabling the normal Windows history so this is useless and creepy for me. 

Anyways, I'm on Linux for now so will see... 

One more thing I will try my best to deactivate as soon as I have access to desktop.

Or before desktop if deactivating it while installing is possible.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

1 hour ago, Levent said:

Bloatware

yep

This seems useful for the sort of people that usually have 10+ tabs open on their browser. Seeing a lot of security concerns but i doubt microsoft wants to rock that boat until at least a month or two after launch. So, would be cool to just search for a moment and have it back or maybe use some sort of scheduler and use recall to put back all the windows i had open at a point. But it's microsoft, not exactly great at efficiency.

It feels like the answer to a question no one asked, and is even more puzzling considering the "timeline" feature that Windows 10 had was later removed, seemingly because nobody really wanted or used it.

Razer Blade 14 (RZ09-0508x): AMD Ryzen 9 8945HS, nVidia GeForce RTX 4070, 64 GB 5200 DDR5, Win11 Pro [Workhorse/Gaming]

Apple MacBook Pro 14 (A2442): Apple M1 Pro APU (8 Core), 16 GB Unified Memory, macOS Sonoma 14.3 [Creative Rig]

Samsung GalaxyBook Pro (NP930QDB-KF4CA): Intel Core i7-1165G7, 16 GB DDR4, Win11 Pro [WinTablet]

HP Envy 15-k257ca: Intel Core i5 5200U, nVidia GeForce 840M, 16GB 1600 DDR3, Win7 Pro [Retro]

Toshiba Satellite A70-S2591:  Intel Pentium 4 538, ATI Radeon 9000 IGP, 1.5 GB DDR RAM, WinXP Pro [Antique]

I can't thank Microsoft enough for adding such features. It has really made me switch to GNU/Linux and I don't regret it one bit.

Microsoft owns my soul.

Also, Dell is evil, but HP kinda nice.

So you know in dystopian fiction when the powers that be are presenting the next great thing that is suppose to revolutionize the world? This feels like that.

lumpy chunks

Expand to help Bunny reach world domination

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him on his way to world domination.

-Rakshit Jain

it'll work about as well as "system restore" so not at all lol.

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

10 hours ago, da na said:

I'll be upgrading my last few Windows 10 machines to Windows 7 Ultimate

i would definitely do this.... as soon i found a way to play newer games on it, many games now require win 10 minimum and not even that they also fully arbitrarily require a certain version number,  usually 20H2, and there doesn't seem to be a way to spoof that or otherwise tricking games into thinking "yes, this pc has the right win ver"...

for example i had to update from 1809 (the GOAT) to 20H2 just to unlock some outfits in Tekken 8 (its literally the only "feature" in the game that requires that version)... now i could revert that update (i got backups, bro) but no one has time for that lol... (i might still do it tho, i miss 1809, it was also much faster than 20H2 in certain situations) 

But win 7? Yeah, what am i gonna do with this? Play Need For Speed Carbon? (tempting tbh)

🤔

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

I wonder, is anybody thinking of switching to Linux because of this?

Asus Zephurs Duo 2023:

CPU: 7945HX

GPU: 4090M