Experiences with non-techies

I was stuck with a Core 2 Duo laptop for about 3 years until I finally bought a desktop. It wasn't actually that bad, I only had a few problems when the hard disk started filling up (only 250GB) but it was actually not bad at gaming. I only played Half-Life 2 and other Valve games, nothing demanding. When I finally bought a desktop, my dad said that it can play any game on the highest settings. The graphics card was.... a GT330. It can actually play Far Cry 3 pretty well.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

I was stuck with a Core 2 Duo laptop for about 3 years until I finally bought a desktop. It wasn't actually that bad, I only had a few problems when the hard disk started filling up (only 250GB) but it was actually not bad at gaming. I only played Half-Life 2 and other Valve games, nothing demanding. When I finally bought a desktop, my dad said that it can play any game on the highest settings. The graphics card was.... a GT330. It can actually play Far Cry 3 pretty well.

It doesn't help that Nvidia's own site advertises how it can 'play games with fast framerates' :P But I know what you mean about being stuck on bad hardware - up until I built my current rig in December I'd been using what was a mobo+cpu+ram bundle with an added GT440. I had 3GB of mismatched ram and an Athlon 64 x2 4200+ to go along with it (yes, the original Athlons, not an Athlon II). It did well for the 6 years I had it and is now serving as my sister's computer.

it is funny when people are debating if a DS pen works on a IPad... 

It will if it's just a stylus but it won't if uses proprietary technology.

It will if it's just a stylus but it won't if uses proprietary technology.

It doesn't because the DS stylus is for resistive touch screens (about pressing hard) whereas most devices these days have capacitive touch screens, which work based on the charge of the screen, which is altered by human skin in a different way to materials, so styluses (styli?) have to be specifically designed to work with them. Unless the recent DSs have capacitive screens.

HTTP/2 203

it is funny when people are debating if a DS pen works on a IPad...

How? It dues not work, right?

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Whats wrong with bose? Sure there not cheap, but they sound good, are built well, and are really comfortable. 

BOSE is overpriced crap.

CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 3700x CPU Cooler: AMD Wraith Prism Motherboard: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2x8GB) SSD: Samsung 970 Plus 250GB NVME, WD Blue 2TB m.2, Crucial M500 240GB GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW PSU: Seasonic G-Series 550W CASE: Corsair 220T RGB

BOSE is overpriced crap.

Whatever, I like it.

My new rig build log:http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/80801-m-itx-pc/?p=1158887 Now finished with  970!                          Can anybody give me a freelancer?                  I need to transport more HYPBP.               Butt Imperium games                     RAINBOW .                   840 EVO still awesome                    The evil that is verizon has been vanquished!      ܝܘܚܢܢ ܒܝܬ ܐܦܪܝܡ

Would someone tell me what the comment says? I'm on my tablet and it doesn't open YouTube links properly.

I quoted it...

I'll quote it again:

whistle This makes me jealous and thankful I'm not a PC gamer. The mods I see on this channel are generally awesome, don't get me wrong. But this looks so complicated and technical. Half the time I'm playing I'd be hoping my data doesn't get corrupted or that I'd downloaded some PC virus from hell.

Don't forget people if you are still crashing that isn't Mod conflict related. meaning you crash on startup, but if you crash while in game still after all this to go use Skse 1.70.0 Alpha it has a built in version of Sheasons memory patch and is relatively stable~ish. Or if you don't want to do that you should just use Sheasons memory patch, make sure to read the description and use the correct settings ( it's really quite easy to do ) Either one of those should fix your Skyrim crashes that aren't mod conflict related. Oh and as a bonus if your skyrim is stuttering or, it seems like it has to load something every 5 seconds Say you are switching weapons or spells and it takes like 2 seconds or more, try out the FPS Capper. Fixed all issues related to that for me. ^_^

I think that is the comment

No idea wtf it is on about though

No that wasn't it. It appears that it changed... DAMN IT GOOGLE! Why did you ruin the youtube comments... I'm certain that I linked it properly.

Wow, who would pay 1 grand for a fucking HDMI cable??????

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

*Hint, some idiots out there who take the advice of their idiotic sales man at Best Buy <_< Btw reading through the reviews made me in some way cringe. :wacko:

Watch out, there might be ninjas out there  :ph34r:

I'm known as the family, family friends, random people I don't actually know that somehow know someone I know, free tech support guy. Anyways, a family friend heard that I was "good with computers" and asked if she could bring her new computer over because she lost her pictures on it.  I told her sure and that it should only take a minute to find out if they are still on her computer. When she arrived low and behold it was a brand new iMac (I have no clue or love when it comes to Macs) I said something along the lines of ahh it's a Mac and she then smiled and said I thought you would be impressed! I then asked her what she was looking for and she said she was missing some pictures she had on it and that her computer was being crazy and would turn off every 20 minuets on the dot. After I figured out how to get to the equivalent of C:\ I scanned the 1000s of pictures (the ones we needed were not showing up in the picture app or whatever) they were all named with some number code. I found the pictures she was looking after a long while and then asked her if she wanted me to show her how to see all the items in the Hard drive in case this happened again she then replied

"Wow cool I did not know I had a hard drive!" 

Is that going to be the in-stock price ?

Quite often to avoid re-list fees etc on (the likes of eBay/Amazon etc) things that are OOS are priced stupidly.  Could something like that be going on here?

Or is this like (say) some  HiFi cables were there is supposed to be some esoteric function (such as made of oxygen free Copper) that causes them to be stupidly priced ?

http://www.cheshireaudio.co.uk/acatalog/copy_of_Nordost.htm    £2200 (that's $3700)for a power lead, yep as if the last 6 feet of power transmission (which has already came over the grid , three miles from the substation into your house then fifty feet through your walls) is going to make any odds

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

Haha you should read the reviews on these things from AudioQuest.

From 

AudioQuest - Diamond 16.4' USB A-to-Apple® iPod®/iPad® Cable - Black/Gray

This cable instantly fixed my USB issues on my old ipod generation 3. The ipod instantly synched and everything worked. The next day, I won the lottery and bought two more. The next day, I left Jupiter for the outer reaches of the solar system. AudioQuest is the best!

I didn't know what think when I fight got this cable. I had an Android phone but it only took a little over a week of using this cable and it transformed my old phone into the Iphone I now have and love. Could not be happier with the results. Everyone needs to buy a Diamond.

lol...

*Hint, some idiots out there who take the advice of their idiotic sales man at Best Buy <_< Btw reading through the reviews made me in some way cringe. :wacko:

The reviews are BULL. SHIT. They don't know what the fuck they really know.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

My mate was complaining about how his PC was slow. As a joke, I told him, as a joke to delete the system32 folder. MFW he actually did and came back saying that his PC is broken

You can replace intelligence with money nowadays...

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

The first review by BestBuyIsAwesome or something like that is hilarious..."Best Buy Smart". More like "Best Buy Idiots".

lol look at his profile he recommends alienware desktops and those so called "high tech cleaning cloths" Lmao epic

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013).

lol look at his profile he recommends alienware desktops and those so called "high tech cleaning cloths" Lmao epic

You do realise he was "taking the piss"?

In fact all the reviews (I could be bothered to look at ) of that item  seemed to be 'less than serious'.

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

BOSE is overpriced crap.

Sure it's overpriced, but you'd be hard pressed to find a good pair of headphones with as good noise cancelling as the Bose QC15's have. 

If only I can reply to these reviews, then I would bash him with tech terms only we would know. @O#% #$^  $%#@ $@%