Experiences with non-techies

I just love that down the side they advertise "new" along with beats audio and all that crap.

Oh, and this paragraph:

"Motivated by our always-important customer feedback, we've focused the HP ENVY Phoenix 800 on only the best programs and software you really need.

Choose NVIDIA discrete graphics to redefine smooth, seamless, life-like gaming. Or opt for AMD ultra-high-performance graphics for a thrilling experience. The options are yours."

The first part about focussing on programs makes no sense, and the fact that unless you want Intel integrated graphics your two companies are NVIDIA and AMD kinda makes the whole improvement thing redundant. Not to mention describing choosing AMD for a "thrilling experience"

there is always matrox...

Because it in inferior in almost every way

(that's not to say that I don't use it, but my 2nd monitor only supports VGA)

SVGA fixes all of those problems in VGA. Get a SVGA connector, uses the same port as VGA just utilizes un-used pins on the vga connector for better quality etc.

That is so scary a rich tech illiterate kid would spend 5000$ on a pc lol, they also have BEATS,BOSE and those god awful anti virus programs.

It's just like mechanics - most know that they can overcharge for stuff and get away with it. One one hand I hate that it happens and wish people were more tech and car literate, but on the other hand it provides fantastic employment opportunities and good money if you're successful or value your time highly and can get away with charging £70+/hr

Yeah but it starts with a GT 745...

GTX 745*

Lord Pantaloons, on 30 Nov 2014 - 7:32 PM, said: If Lawrence leaves his house and travels at a constant 40 MPH. How long will it take Bill from next door to shove a banana up his mom's rectum?

FX-6300Gigabyte R9 270X 4 GB OCWD Blue 1 TBCorsair Carbide 300RArctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro rev. 2Silverstone Strider Essential 500WAsus M5A97 R2.0Dell P2314HYamaha HTR-5740Mordaunt-Short Avant 309iSuperlux HD-668 BCooler Master CM Storm Quickfire UltimateGigabyte M6900Oneplus One 64 GB

I was at the library today, all of the kids at the computers were playing games, so I took my library card out, signed on to a computer, and started browsing ark.intel. Several kids gave me a weird look for not playing a game, it's retarded that I get frowned upon for not being "with it", I have my own fucking ways and I don't fall for the shit that Apple gives me.

Why do I feel like I am the only kid not falling for the shit that Apple gives the young population and the only kid interested in getting rid of his iPad in exchange for a decent laptop? (Check out my latest blog entry)

I was at the library today, all of the kids at the computers were playing games, so I took my library card out, signed on to a computer, and started browsing ark.intel. Several kids gave me a weird look for not playing a game, it's retarded that I get frowned upon for not being "with it", I have my own fucking ways and I don't fall for the shit that Apple gives me.

Why do I feel like I am the only kid not falling for the shit that Apple gives the young population and the only kid interested in getting rid of his iPad in exchange for a decent laptop? (Check out my latest blog entry)

Why do you hate on Apple so much? They make some really nice products, I know multiple people who have driven over their Apple products and they still work fine sometimes the screen will crack but thats easy to replace. There is also the fact that maybe that history nerd over in the corner (I like both tech and history) is in the same mindset as you in that less and less people are caring about history. Apple is also one of the few computer manufacturers who put 1440p screens on on their laptops and generally come with less bloatware than other computer manufacturers.

Why do you hate on Apple so much? They make some really nice products, I know multiple people who have driven over their Apple products and they still work fine sometimes the screen will crack but thats easy to replace. There is also the fact that maybe that history nerd over in the corner (I like both tech and history) is in the same mindset as you in that less and less people are caring about history. Apple is also one of the few computer manufacturers who put 1440p screens on on their laptops and generally come with less bloatware than other computer manufacturers.

I acknowledge and respect their excellent build quality and hardware solutions, it's their marketing tactics and locked-down software (I'm looking at you, iOS) that make it a deal breaker.

Maybe I should keep my Apple hate contained in a cage, I'll consider that when writing a post on either LTT or Tek Syndicate.

But at $1200, they shouldn't have 16 gigs of RAM and a 3TB HDD w/ no SSD and a GT 745! It's just criminal!

Hey, it could be worse.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

That is so scary a rich tech illiterate kid would spend 5000$ on a pc lol, they also have BEATS,BOSE and those god awful anti virus programs.

Whats wrong with bose? Sure there not cheap, but they sound good, are built well, and are really comfortable. 

My new rig build log:http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/80801-m-itx-pc/?p=1158887 Now finished with  970!                          Can anybody give me a freelancer?                  I need to transport more HYPBP.               Butt Imperium games                     RAINBOW .                   840 EVO still awesome                    The evil that is verizon has been vanquished!      ܝܘܚܢܢ ܒܝܬ ܐܦܪܝܡ

This is what I know if his specs when he got the thing: Pentium G890 (I think), 4GB of RAM, 500GB or 1TB HDD, GT 440, a Biostar motherboard (he is convinced that Biostar makes some of the best motherboards), a really cheap case that probably had its own included PSU, and Windows 7. I guess that maybe his brother (who picked out the parts) didn't know about/like APUs or FX processors or the fact that there was no GPU shortage that would force him to get a GT 440. I have tried to convince him to get a 750 Ti but he prefers to spend money on WoW and other games than to upgrade his PC.

Just how bad are Biostar boards? (Never heard of that brand)

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

As bad as driving a golf cart on Interstate 91, twists and turns everywhere, steep climbs all over, along with severe fog.

EDIT: Stumbled upon this under New Builds and Planning: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/174618-frist-bild/

Aw, I missed it. What was wrong with it?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Found this in the comments of MXR's The Best Way to Mod Skyrim video:

whistle This makes me jealous and thankful I'm not a PC gamer. The mods I see on this channel are generally awesome, don't get me wrong. But this looks so complicated and technical. Half the time I'm playing I'd be hoping my data doesn't get corrupted or that I'd downloaded some PC virus from hell.

https://www.youtube<Remove this for link to original comment>.com/watch?v=Qxltdw8VXsI&google_comment_id=z12ffbkbcrq5vxnzu04cgzzgwuiqzfoacaw

WinNut, I think you're a clone of me. For example, you're only a couple months older, and you also fear and/or despise new technology like iPads, not because we're technophobes or new, but because their sheer uselessness and stupidity has made them so infamous, it makes me fear what we're gonna be with next. I'd sell that iPad for a laptop, if not a desktop, in a heartbeat.

Also, those peeps that say on their computers "OPTIMISED FOR X PROGRAMS" and I'm like

Everyone+else+s+face+when+OP+get+s+out+h

I only ever chill on this page: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34813-experiences-with-non-techies/

If you ever spot me anywhere else, you've earned yourself an imaginary cookie  B)

Found this in the comments of MXR's The Best Way to Mod Skyrim video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qxltdw8VXsI&google_comment_id=z12ffbkbcrq5vxnzu04cgzzgwuiqzfoacaw

That is caused purely by FUD spread by companies, the media and random people on the internet. I'm not sure whether the bit about corrupting saves (which can and does sometimes happen, but is why backups exist) or magically getting a virus because a download button was clicked. I'm sorry but that's why reputable sites exist.

Would someone tell me what the comment says? I'm on my tablet and it doesn't open YouTube links properly.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

Would someone tell me what the comment says? I'm on my tablet and it doesn't open YouTube links properly.

Don't forget people if you are still crashing that isn't Mod conflict related. meaning you crash on startup, but if you crash while in game still after all this to go use Skse 1.70.0 Alpha it has a built in version of Sheasons memory patch and is relatively stable~ish. Or if you don't want to do that you should just use Sheasons memory patch, make sure to read the description and use the correct settings ( it's really quite easy to do ) Either one of those should fix your Skyrim crashes that aren't mod conflict related. Oh and as a bonus if your skyrim is stuttering or, it seems like it has to load something every 5 seconds Say you are switching weapons or spells and it takes like 2 seconds or more, try out the FPS Capper. Fixed all issues related to that for me. ^_^

I think that is the comment

No idea wtf it is on about though

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

My parents thought that the train simulator OpenBVE was a scam and malware to trick kids...sure....

I'm most confident that a train simulator that is malware would have...

1. A developer's site
  2. A HUGE developer base
  3. Source code ready to download
  4. A Wikipedia page
  5. Thousands of followers
  6. An entire forum dedicated to it (I'm looking at you, BVEStation)

And how exactly can free software be a scam? Your parents must be really stupid (no offense), WinNut.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

And how exactly can free software be a scam? Your parents must be really stupid (no offense), WinNut.

My mom thinks she knows more about the Internet than me...she freaks out and says her computer is broken when the LED on the power button on her laptop is blinking...it means it's in sleep mode.

Not to mention she has a quad-core i7 for watching Asian dramas on ad-riddled sites and reading Yahoo and her emails...while I try to video edit on a Celeron M. I hate it.