All 4 GBS of VRAM on the 970 perform at the same speed.

NormalJoe

For the first two pages maybe,

but at this point it's just sad.

I feed off the sad stupidity of others. /s

You want a window the the general thought process of humanity? This idiot right here. Something doesn't go their way? Start with the insults because their petty little life is a joke so they have to lash out at everyone else because of an attitude problem caused by quite a few screws loose.

@NormalJoe called me a Indian NEET. Unless my lingo is rusty, NEET stands for:

Another acronym from sociologists... NEET stands for 'Not in Education, Employment or Training'. I'm not sure, yet, whether it has any global significance or derogatory overtones. However, like chav, it seems to be particularly applicable to a social under-class lacking drive, motivation or ambition. I part this is due to poverty and lack of opportunity. But this burgeoning classification will soon become the darling of right-wingers.

While I am Indian (East, technically Arab as well. I just lack the oil money). I don't think I'm in poverty, I have had plenty of opportunity, and while I'm currently studying up for medicine and hence have more time on my hands than most people really need, up until a few months ago I researched cancer and actually made a positive difference in the world. 

I know research isn't glamorous and not really what everyone even thinks of doing, but I enjoy it. In my own way, I'm carving out my own legacy for the world by working on something that one day might have tangible benefits for humanity at large. Its a silly notion to think that my specific work will somehow cure the cancers of the world, but its not a bad dream for me to have. 

So, NormalJoe, do you have any other insults? Any other method to try and dismiss my life and the work I've done? Any other obscure acronym for me? 

You act the way you do and then you wonder why people talk about you. 

Sigh. 

*waves hand*

Jeez, is it hot in here, or did someone just get

SLICKREKT?

Or is it just someone's AMD GPU?

it's my 290

i5-4690k @ 4.2GHz | Asus Radeon R9 290 DirectCU II | Hyper 212 EVO | ASRock Z97 Extreme3 | Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866MHz, Corsair XMS 4GB | 850 EVO 250GB, random 1TB drive | Corsair 200R | EVGA SuperNOVA 750W | Rosewill RK-9000BR | Logitech G700s | Logitech G930 | ViewSonic VG2427wm, Dell S2209W, Dell S2009W

Dell Inspiron 3147

Latitude E5420, Samsung 840 EVO 250gb, 12gb RAM, 1600x900 display

Pentium G3258 @ 3.2GHz | WD Red 2TB x3 in RAID-Z, Crucial MX100 128GB(cache drive) | Fractal Design Node 304 | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB | EVGA 500B

HTC One M8 64GB, Droid Razr M

Today I learned that Luke practises Ju-Jitsu  :ph34r: 

The rest of the thread, pfffffft....  :blink:

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

At the end of the day, the mod team do a great job to deal with the issues of thousands of people on the forum at different times of every day. It's guaranteed that there will be mistakes, everyone makes them, but that doesn't mean that one mistake brands them as being wrong every time. I mean @colonel_mortis is a few months younger than me and is a better mod than I ever would be. Age =/= maturity.

However at the end of the day, the reason I've never had a run in with the mods, and hope that I never do, is because there's a wonderful thing called self moderation A.K.A. Common sense. It works in a few small steps:

1. Will what I'm saying offend people?
  2. Will I potentially get reported for this?
  3. Is it still suitable?
  4. If yes to the above, rewrite post and start again.

Now I suggest you do what @Slick previously mentioned. If you don't have anything of worth to contribute to the forum as a whole, then please leave as you're just going to make it worse for yourself.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

They abuse power a lot less than I would, that's for sure. I moderate with extreme prejudice.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Just to chime in on this one, I have disagreed with the mods before on certain decisions. One area that I strongly disagree with is the deletion of threads/posts that are about piracy. There is a big difference between talking about piracy (which in not against CoC) and conspiring to commit piracy. I have challenged the mods directly through PMs and I have never received any warning points. Granted I could have taken this one a bit further (it wasn't my fight though), but I made my complaint known and am not afraid to back down if needs be.

Point being; you can challenge mods as long as you do so in a respectable manner.

post-8262-0-13592800-1426870721_thumb.pn

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

K guys. what happent happent. you can't change it. now no needs to rant about it all day long.

/t

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Just to chime in on this one, I have disagreed with the mods before on certain decisions. One area that I strongly disagree with is the deletion of threads/posts that are about piracy. There is a big difference between talking about piracy (which in not against CoC) and conspiring to commit piracy. I have challenged the mods directly through PMs and I have never received any warning points. Granted I could have taken this one a bit further (it wasn't my fight though), but I made my complaint known and am not afraid to back down if needs be.

Point being; you can challenge mods as long as you do so in a respectable manner.

attachicon.giffight the man!.png

Exactly. 

The mods are human, mistakes are inevitable on all sides, if you are respectful on HOW you argue with them, they'll happily discuss anything with you and they won't leave the issue alone till all sides are comfortably on the same page and leave happy. 

This is modus operandi for most forums. Mods have to be strict. Thats their job! They're not going to be pushovers. 

They abuse power a lot less than I would, that's for sure. I moderate with extreme prejudice.

The only way I know how. Then again, I moderate a very different site with very different dynamics, so how I do things doesn't really make sense on a place like this. 

This is the problem with volunteer moderators. No mods are perfect, but volunteer moderators are far less effective (and sometimes be source of deep problems like this) than self funded/organized and operated moderating groups. Look at AnandTech Forums if you disagree.

Literally the only reason I avoid participating this forum except a few cases. A recent casualty problems like this was the member deathjester.

I guess a self organized moderating team is not always possible, but I hope this situation gets better as time goes by.

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

On 2015-01-28 at 5:24 PM, Victorious Secret said:

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

On 2016-06-07 at 11:25 PM, patrickjp93 said:

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

On 2016-09-10 at 4:32 PM, Hikaru12 said:

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

This is the problem with volunteer moderators. No mods are perfect, but volunteer moderators are far less effective (and sometimes be source of deep problems like this) than self funded/organized and operated moderating groups. Look at AnandTech Forums if you disagree.

Literally the only reason I avoid participating this forum except a few cases. A recent casualty problems like this was the member deathjester.

I guess a self organized moderating team is not always possible, but I hope this situation gets better as time goes by.

ok because you want people to pay for mod ? or be payed ?  please. explain me how that would work because people could give money and make whatever they want with the forum.

the mods we have now are more than competent. they are excellent. problems and mistakes happens to everyone. its not because your not a mod that you can think they are bad and your imidiatly better than them. moderating can be hard at times. (not saying you said it. but others did. example)

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

The main problem is that any criticism of the mod team is dealt with censorship.

How can we get better this way?

I refered on Victorious secret status update i didnt agree with recent mod actions and every single status update on his page was deleted.

Go back one page to see the proof, I am not making shit up.

The mods use the rule 5 of coc to avoid any criticism against them and burry ANY  post that does so.

ok because you want people to pay for mod ? or be payed ?  please. explain me how that would work because people could give money and make whatever they want with the forum.

the mods we have now are more than competent. they are excellent. problems and mistakes happens to everyone. its not because your not a mod that you can think they are bad and your imidiatly better than them. moderating can be hard at times. (not saying you said it. but others did. example)

I said self organized. That means the moderating team is maintained and funded by Linus Media Group. Of course, you can't have good things for free.....

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

WOW! Okay, I was not expected this type of thread. I am just wondering though, @Slick, wouldn't a thread like this normally get locked or deleted? I'm not trying start any problems here, I'm just thinking and wondering if that would be the usual and normal course of action.

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

I said self organized. That means the moderating team is maintained and funded by Linus Media Group. Of course, you can't have good things for free.....

how would paying for example collonel_mortis would improve his performances as a moderator. it makes no sense. im not going to change the way I speak to people based of money. my way of being and my opinion has been and would allways be the same. regardless of money

how would paying for example collonel_mortis would improve his performances as a moderator. it makes no sense. im not going to change the way I speak to people based of money. my way of being and my opinion has been and would allways be the same. regardless of money

When I meant self employed I meant you are still not a volunteer getting paid to moderate, no. I meant it's like a full-time/part-time employment or job where you're focused on your job; it's your top priority; performance and professionalism very important. Yeah, like a job as a moderator. I believe that moderator would be much more effective than a public/community volunteer.

Opinions don't change regardless. Moderating is based on certain forum/community rules and guidelines clearly stated. I hope you understood. :)

man your dumbass should be banned for the worst imaginable click bait on the forum

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

I saw the screencap Msquared sent me but I'll have to ask him to send it to me again. You did approve it

Nope. I don't know how else to say this. You either don't have proof or it's fake because it didn't happen

Every single point of criticism I've made towards the mod team was banned/removed/deleted. I'm not talking censorship of profanity, I'm talking censorship as in "Don't talk shit about us or get punished". I applaud the removal/hidden of these kinds of posts that only say things like "Penis".

As you have seen from a NUMBER of members in this thread this is NOT something we do. YOU were banned because you asked to be banned. Your friend was banned for a NUMBER of offenses on their first account and then, once we realized it, ban evasion on his second account. This is not standard practice but the member you know as Msquared was the user 69Lover 's ban evasion account. 69Lover received a vast amount of warnings and warning points for a vast amount of reasons none of which were acceptable on the board.

For the member in question, me, the thread was hardly abrasive. I stated that I disagreed with the mods actions and the members behaviour. That was the harshest I said. This is not abrasive at all. Yes I requested a ban, yes this was done however ban by request to prevent coming back as an active member is far from the normal circumstance when looking at "ban evasion". It was after the ban I decided to send a message anyway (this was recommended by blade of grass, not the creation of a new account, that was poor formulation on my end). I saw you were online @Slick and I refreshed the PM every minute. I never received a response ever, the refreshing just suddenly turned into "You are not allowed to access this community".

Remember how I said I keep a record of things?

4c1ea52311.png

You're just diggin holes mate

For reference. Here are screencaps with zenmate active and without zenmate active. Both have all cookies/cache cleared/deleted etc and you can see I'm not logged in to show that really this is an IP ban. The screenshots are taken just now but they were identical directly after said IP ban

http://puu.sh/gHSVy/711c718396.jpg

http://puu.sh/gHSWa/ad36d1bbf0.jpg

That is odd... I'm fairly sure(not 100%) that an IP ban doesn't act that way ANYWAYS but I would definitely look into this if you weren't banned already... As it currently sits I'm okay with it being annoying for you to access the community and I'm not going to troubleshoot a connectivity issue with a banned member...

For the PM I said. The accounts sole purpose was to send a PM to Luke. I had 0 posts etc. so this was quite obvious. I even stated it in the PM. A generally unproductive conversation and attacking mods? I said not a single word of profanity, belittling, etc. In short, nothing to break the CoC. I came with criticism about the mods and a few members, as is encouraged to do instead of making a thread about it (I did not make the thread until the silent IP ban came through).

My message boiled down to this:

"My thread took 20 minutes to be deleted. Blatant disrespect and flaming took hours upon hours and there were lots of mods online." - Was my main issue especially since multiple reports by multiple different people were made about the same posts/person in the same thread.

The harshest I said about the mods was "I recommend you take a good look at your mod team because right now they are not doing their job properly in my eyes". Is this harsh? Yes but is it blatantly attacking the mods? No, I just recommended a re-evaluation of the mods.

"After responding to the PM I banned him again. He requested a ban, so he was banned and he is no longer welcome on our forums... That is how it works"

1. As I said you never responded

2. I did not request a ban as far as I know in the account I made to send you a message with my complains

As stated and showed above there is absolutely no reason to believe it's not an IP ban. I even tried logging in on my ipod, my laptop, everything fully cleared. I even did a clean windows reinstall on my laptop to see if that was the case. Not a single case allowed me to log in until I tried logging in from university or a friends house. This is an IP ban.

Most of this has been addressed already but I'll answer what hasn't been

I don't care that you didn't request a ban on your 2nd account.. That isn't how this works.. You requested a ban, okay, bye, you're done, leave. The mod team isn't an automatic ban distribution program... we have more important things to spend our time on.

The account creation to dispute a ban system is there for people to DISPUTE A BAN, not for someone who requested a ban to complain more

Also your sarcasm is unnecessary. For something like this (Where is basically imply you are abusing power and calling the mod team incompetent, albeit not directly) I would expect something more professional.

Forgive me - It's a little hard to take you seriously at this point... In all honesty I feel like you have been manipulated and abused by MSquared(69Lover) in to believing a whole bunch of junk. Please note the amount of people that have spoken up in this thread about how interacting with the mods has been TOTALLY fine... a suggestion for the future would be to take a less nuclear approach. Instead of saying almost nothing then exploding and requesting a ban just to come back and post inflammatory click bait on the forums maybe come and talk to us first... it works...

I know there was no screenshot in that thread I made as I stated I forgot to make the screencap in the thread itself (Holy shit that would've made this so much easier though I will still request that you screencap the PM I sent you on that alias "Bananaface" so show that what I sent was not breaking CoC)

You have your SC, the breaking CoC part was because you used it only to complain about mods and usersmore... not to dispute a ban, which is the only purpose of that system.

I know I asked to be banned on my original original account. I never denied that but not responding to the PM and just silently IP banning me is not the normal course of action and neither is it a justified one. I made it clear that I made the PM solely to send you a message, not to be part of the community again.

Cool - yeah, your message was sent and subsequently replied to... then you were banned as that process is only there to dispute a ban, which you did not do...

I know it does not sound like mortis and I already stated I have no screencap proof for it but a member has nothing to gain really by lying about it. I will however say that I will not take this for truth as I saw no screencap proof for it. As for attacking mods about age I did not attack him, I merely said I question it which is hardly attacking it. From previous personal moderating experience I've had myself the ones that are younger like mortis are 99.9% of the time poor mods, this is why I question it.

If I walk up to someone who is trying to weld and I say I question their ability to weld... that would be seen as an attack by MANY people - indirect or not

The other claims stated are baseless

There is a big difference between 1 report slipping through and countless reports of the thread AND numerous posts of the same person by multiple people slipping through

You are correct, not really sure what else to say. There are definitely differences between those two scenarios... Just want to throw out there right now that there is no possible way for you to know how many times something was reported.

As explained above, it's not the "penis" censorship but any complaints that are censored

Which I did and got silently IP banned for.

As stated/showed above, I clearly was. I'm using a VPN right now to post this and the previous posts I made

WM and BoG are by leaps and bounds the best mods on here, what sparked my interest is that BoG saw my thread criticising you and didn't delete it as I had some proof as to what I said and the "Ban evasion" question was very much a grey area.

I had issues with mods, I PM'd you and got IP banned for it. Can't blame me for trying to make this public.

1) Okay then... I have deletion logs, nothing was deleted from that thread... there were hidden posts of a few different people - this was that persons hidden post

2) I still think that is an error, not an IP ban... but it doesn't matter as you were banned regardless. That system, as I stated, is for disputes... as in "I feel like I was wrongfully banned" not for complains as in "You locked this thread too slowly, you should re-evaluate your mod team, this user should be banned" etc.

3) Okay then, like I said I'd look into this if you weren't banned but trouble shooting this issue for a banned member seems like a waste of time as I'd rather not have you on my boards anyways

4) As it had some proof? I mean no offence to BoG but he probably didn't delete it because he didn't know what to do OR because again, we never delete things, we hide them, but that probably isn't your point as a hidden item would appear deleted to most people so yeah... probably because he was waiting for the input of other mods... which is great and exactly what he should have done!

5) That isn't what a PM from a new account after being banned is for... it's not for complaining, it's for contacting me directly about being banned incorrectly. You were definitely banned correctly. I can blame you for making this public.. At no point in time have you followed proper procedures.

As for the rest of the people in this thread. Funny how they INSTANTLY call EVERYTHING (even the ones with screencap proof) bullshit and they blindly take what you (@Slick) say as 100% undisputed irrefutable proof.

My guess is because they have dealt with the mod team before and are able to see how unbelievable this whole situation is

As you can see NormalJoe is now banned - as he should be... but never fear he will probably evade yet again and be back shortly

@Slick If only there was more efficient way to ban people, some people just want to watch the world burn. Hope everything is ok a the moment :D

Planned I Hope Someday I Do First Build: CPU: Intel Core i7 5820k CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212 EVO Mobo: MSI X99S SLI PLUS RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4-2133Mhz Storage: Corsair Force LS 240GB SSD & 2TB WD Green Graphics Card: ASUS GTX 970 4GB Turbo Case: NZXT S340 White PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+ OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit OEM Monitor: AOC i2267Fw 60Hz 22" Monitor

As for the rest of the people in this thread. Funny how they INSTANTLY call EVERYTHING (even the ones with screencap proof) bullshit and they blindly take what you (@Slick) say as 100% undisputed irrefutable proof.

woah bruh. im sorry but generalising things is just showing yourself ignorant. because people have an opinion on what is good or not. doesen't mean that they are all wrong. if you ever had philosophy class, you know what im talking about.

as for people ''take whatever Luke says''. that is not true. a lot of people debate about things going one here and there. for example, YOU right now. but is it nessesary to go all out guns blazing at people ? no. its not. I can understand your hate and rage. but please, be respectfull to others. respect ideas and thoughts. its not because you think differently that you are right.

As you can see NormalJoe is now banned - as he should be... but never fear he will probably evade yet again and be back shortly

PortlyEthicalAsianconstablebutterfly.gif

Back to work for me. This has been really entertaining. I'd like to thank the Academy for giving me this opportunity to make a GIF. I don't know how long I've waited for this, but it was worth it. 

Back to work for me. This has been really entertaining. I'd like to thank the Academy for giving me this opportunity to make a GIF. I don't know how long I've waited for this, but it was worth it. 

That video is the best thing on linus channel.

Also luke is like:

The main problem is that any criticism of the mod team is dealt with censorship.

How can we get better this way?

I refered on Victorious secret status update i didnt agree with recent mod actions and every single status update on his page was deleted.

Go back one page to see the proof, I am not making shit up.

The mods use the rule 5 of coc to avoid any criticism against them and burry ANY  post that does so.

Deleting status updates isn't a sign of mod power abuse. Vic deleted his status updates because he realized they were stupid and didn't need to stay. No mod deleted his status, yet at any rate. 

using that as some proof of moderator power abuse would not be right thing to do here 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Ok I am flat out astonished this thread still exists and the culprit in tow.

I will come out and say I was previously banned... yet I'm not here running a mockery about the mods.

My ban was fair and square.

I shall now shut up and await my ban again :(

I can be an asshole but there is some things I don't do, I am just annoyed that anyone would do this.

I am not really any better though so dig at me all you want I'm not fighting.

i7 5930k . 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666 DDR4 . Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming G1-WIFI . Zotac GeForce GTX 980 AMP! 4GB SLi . Crucial M550 1TB SSD . LG BD . Fractal Design Define R2 Black Pearl . SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750w . BenQ GW2765HT 2560x1440 . CM Storm QF TK MX Blue . SteelSeries Rival 
i5 2500k/ EVGA Z68SLi/ FX 8320/ Phenom II B55 x4/ MSI 790FX-GD70/ G.skill Ripjaws X 1600 8GB kit/ Geil Black Dragon 1600 4GB kit/ Sapphire Ref R9 290/ XFX DD GHOST 7770