Nvidia : Pascal is 10X Faster Than Maxwell – Features Mixed Precision, 3D Memory and NV-Link

MetroP

Man.  2016 is so amazing with all the releases.  FX-Zen, Skylake, Pascal, probably 4tb ssd's for only $800.  I mean.  Man.  I just want it to be 2016 already.

Pascal is coming in 2016 which is exciting.

Bullshit.  They're not jumping 10x the performance in 12-18 months.  In three years maybe.  Nvidia just basically shouted at consumers, Don't upgrade your Kepler GPU to Maxwell!  With that performance, why would anyone buy Maxwell now?

Next year will be release date of pascal that will feature hbm and nvlink in the gpu. It's been confirmed by nvidia fb page last year. I hope AMD has something in their sleeves tho because if they don't Nvidia will completely obliterate their gpu division.

CEO math?

Algebraic!

What's the estimated release time of these GPU's? 2016? 2017?

CEO math makes both mathematicians and lawyers scratch their heads wondering where these made up figures are from.

This looks really good, but it uses the NVlink port, which would require intel and AMD to put support for it in their CPUs and for the board manufacturers to install it in their motherboards, which is fairly unlikely, especially on AMDs behalf, as they've shown on their road maps that PCI-E 4.0 is the next step and nothing else so far.

Time to hibernate for two years and then spend all my money

10x faster? K then... I'll believe it when I see it.

So excited! :)

Bold claims!

I hope they can deliver, my 980 is feeling aged ;)

Maybe pascal will tear me away from my beloved AMD

Same, think I should start saving starting today.

Heyyo,

Jen-Hsun Huang is a true boss and he rocks the salt & pepper look. I can only dream to have hair like that when I get older. :)

But seriously, I didn't even consider Maxwell for an upgrade over my dual GTX 680s since they do 1080P at levels I enjoy... but Pascal has always looked great on paper and I bet they'll work fantastic via NVLINK and DirectX 12... 4K @ 60fps? Pascal will probably run it and do it in style.

All companies do.

Skipping math class,

Just CEO things.

CEO Math is the best kind of math

I'm more excited for this than Titan X. Can't wait 

...whew too many quotes believing OP instantly...  ANYWAY "10x faster than maxwell" is only half of the statement. The real quote is "Pascal will be 10x faster than maxwell [with these 3 improvements] at deep learning."

those 3 improvements are 3d memory, nvlink, and mixed precision..which may be part of maxwell eventually.

The Vinyl Decal guy.

Celestial-Uprising  A Work In-Progress

...whew too many quotes believing OP instantly...  ANYWAY "10x faster than maxwell" is only half of the statement. The real quote is "Pascal will be 10x faster than maxwell [with these 3 improvements] at deep learning."

those 3 improvements are 3d memory, nvlink, and mixed precision..which may be part of maxwell eventually.

I knew that, was just saying that it is exciting.

I knew that, most of us probably did. It's still pretty exciting

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Lol bruh, we are excited. xD

Ofc when it comes out I'm gonna be smart about what GPU i get haha. 

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

Can someone explain what NVlink is?

NVLink puts a fatter pipe between the CPU and GPU, allowing data to flow at more than 80GB per second, compared to the 16GB per second available now. -Wikipedia

...although that statement isn't exactly perfect as we are able to do 32gb/s on pcie 3.0 16x thats pretty much what is up

The Vinyl Decal guy.

CEO math makes both mathematicians and lawyers scratch their heads wondering where these made up figures are from.

This looks really good, but it uses the NVlink port, which would require intel and AMD to put support for it in their CPUs and for the board manufacturers to install it in their motherboards, which is fairly unlikely, especially on AMDs behalf, as they've shown on their road maps that PCI-E 4.0 is the next step and nothing else so far.

Nvidia Made motherboards before, they could do it again...

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

...whew too many quotes believing OP instantly...

You should probably read the posts that you quote before jumping to conclusions...

10x faster? K then... I'll believe it when I see it.

I fail to see how "I'll believe it when I see it" means I believe the OP.

Funnily enough, my post wasn't the only one that was quoted despite showing that the user doesn't believe the OP or Nvidia. 

they forgot to say it's also going to be 10x expensive than maxwell

Error: 451                             

I'm not copying helping, really :P

Nvidia Made motherboards before, they could do it again...

If they did they'd have to single intel out as their motherboard business partner however, as I don't exactly see an Nvidia-AMD partnership occuring any time soon.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

If they did they'd have to single intel out as their motherboard business partner however, as I don't exactly see an Nvidia-AMD partnership occuring any time soon.

If it comes out any time soon, then I don't see why that's an issue :P

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

Bullshit.  They're not jumping 10x the performance in 12-18 months.  In three years maybe.  Nvidia just basically shouted at consumers, Don't upgrade your Kepler GPU to Maxwell!  With that performance, why would anyone buy Maxwell now?

Hence the CEO math.

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And 10x more power consumption and heat output... Oh. Wrong topic.

I have serious doubts it will be 2x faster but it would be dream come true. Not going to happen though.

You should probably read the posts that you quote before jumping to conclusions...

I fail to see how "I'll believe it when I see it" means I believe the OP.

Funnily enough, my post wasn't the only one that was quoted despite showing that the user doesn't believe the OP or Nvidia.  

The real purpose of the quote was to draw your attention to every other word that I said, which it did. And as for being funny I see drawing two peoples attention albeit they don't believe it, to why they shouldn't something nice to do regarding said matter. When drawing a crowds attention one must be aware to analyze, but not revolt should you be the one that doesn't fit with the rest being drawn in ignore said message for allure although educate yourself with what knowledge can be obtained from such speaker and make other aware. 

The Vinyl Decal guy.

And 10x more power consumption and heat output... Oh. Wrong topic.

I have serious doubts it will be 2x faster but it would be dream come true. Not going to happen though.

It will be more than 2x faster that is certain.

The jump from 28 to 16nm alone will pretty much double the amount of Cuda Cores.

And with Stacked Dram the card will have 3-4x more memory bandwidth.

Now add Virtual Unified Memory and NVLink to it and you know that the card will be a complete game changer.

And this is without taking any changes of the actual per core performance in account.

This was obvious for a long time now the jump only looks so big because Maxwell wasn't supposed to be anywhere close to this slow as it's missing 20nm and Virtual Unified Memory.

It'll probably not be 10x but 2-3x is very realistic from what we know.

RTX2070OC 

Pascal, my Chem teacher would be proud. 

physics*

physics*

Our Chem, Physics, and Engineering classes all combine (And are taught by the same teacher) at my school. 

We work with the Pascal system in Chem more often than Physics. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

Our Chem, Physics, and Engineering classes all combine (And are taught by the same teacher) at my school. 

We work with the Pascal system in Chem more often than Physics. 

pascal was a physicist not a chemist to my knowledge

This is crazy. I can't wait though.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

And 110% more bullshit

Do people even read these days?

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

Nvidia : Fiji?! LOLOLOLOLOLOL Here's Pascal !

CPU: I5-4690K @ 4.3ghz | MOBO: Asus Z97-A | RAM: HyperX Fury 2x4GB White | GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970| SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | PSU: EVGA 750B2 80+Bronze | 

Pretty sure he said that it's 10x faster at "deeper learning" but all people saw was the big 10x faster then maxwell

Pascal is gonna wreck everything. Ever. It's gonna be great.

CPU: AMD FX-6300 4GHz @ 1.3 volts | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | RAM: 8GB DDR3

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P | GPU: EVGA GTX 960 SSC | SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Green | Case: Fractal Design Core 2500 | OS: Windows 10 Home