Nvidia : Pascal is 10X Faster Than Maxwell – Features Mixed Precision, 3D Memory and NV-Link

MetroP

Oh please, like every CEO on the face of this planet hasn't run their mouth and made tongue in cheek comments about what they sell. 

And what propaganda? The only people who take this seriously are idiots who probably believe in chemtrails and other silly junk. 

Chemtrails... :lol: Oh boy.

CEO Math = NVidia propaganda.

CEO MATH also =:

AMD propaganda

Intel propaganda

Razor propaganda

Samsung propaganda

Apple propoganda

(Insert fav. company here) propaganda

People don't think critically anymore, it's just an excuse to shit bash something.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Don't forget that they forgot to include the "up-to". Mostly, it will be like 1.5 times better than Maxwell.

I'm very worried :(

I have 760 and it needs upgrade. 970 and its 3.5GB Vram dissapoint me tbh :/.

So I really really want pascal X70 version but with this NV-Link I heard it won't be compatible with current motherboards (97 series). That makes me very sad and I'm still hoping Nvidia will say NV-Link will be compatible for my mobo. The dream....

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Pascal is why I didn't get excited for the 900 series and Titan X, my 780s will go when Pascal arrives. 

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

I'm very worried :(

I have 760 and it needs upgrade. 970 and its 3.5GB Vram dissapoint me tbh :/.

So I really really want pascal X70 version but with this NV-Link I heard it won't be compatible with current motherboards (97 series). That makes me very sad and I'm still hoping Nvidia will say NV-Link will be compatible for my mobo. The dream....

OK i think there is a misconception about NV LINK. NV LINK is designed for server/super computer usage, NOT consumer usage. You dont have to worry about it not being compatible because youre not going to have that option. PCI-E 3.0 still has quite a bit of life left in it and I believe the standard for PCI-E 4.0 has already been ratified.

OK i think there is a misconception about NV LINK. NV LINK is designed for server/super computer usage, NOT consumer usage. You dont have to worry about it not being compatible because youre not going to have that option. PCI-E 3.0 still has quite a bit of life left in it and I believe the standard for PCI-E 4.0 has already been ratified.

I love u for explaining it to me and getting rid of my sadness. 12months to go baby !

I was unsure about my worry because if Nvidia released a new line of GPUs and forced people who want to upgrade to get new motherboard they would piss everybody off. And would be silly move but y never know considering Google did similar thing with YouTube app...

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

screw nvidia and its ceo math, real performance its probably not even 2x overall vs maxwell,hell 2x perf for the same ammount of silicon and price would be insane alone 10x is not even posible for a single generation leap

I just hope the add more VRAM and make the X60 card about as good as the 980.

Pascal is why I didn't get excited for the 900 series and Titan X, my 780s will go when Pascal arrives. 

This is what I am doing as well. It is only with the most recent games that I have noticed less than ideal fps at the highest settings at 1440p.

- 10x more performance for a every specific workload, usig a highly optimized software which can take advantage of the new architecture (more memory bandwith to the core and between the cards)? Probably possible!

But games don't work like this. Hardly a game developer will writhe code supporting NVlink before it is mainstream. IF it will be used in consumer products at all. Don't expect a performance boost > 50 - 100% in gaming. And even if the GPU is that superior, the rest of you rig will slow it down....

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil

- 10x more performance for a every specific workload, usig a highly optimized software which can take advantage of the new architecture (more memory bandwith to the core and between the cards)? Probably possible!

But games don't work like this. Hardly a game developer will writhe code supporting NVlink before it is mainstream. IF it will be used in consumer products at all. Don't expect a performance boost > 50 - 100% in gaming. And even if the GPU is that superior, the rest of you rig will slow it down....

Dont forget DX12... the whole slowing down thing will become irrelevant as every CPU was a bottleneck until DX12 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

only 10x? ... yuck!

maxwell was 30x times faster than kepler

Dont forget DX12... the whole slowing down thing will become irrelevant as every CPU was a bottleneck until DX12 

Yes DX12 will give a boost as well. But maxwell may also profit.

Pascal will be a good bit better than Maxwell. But that's what we are expecting from every new generation ;)

I'm only curious, if they build complexer cores probably with branche predicion or left them simple and crank up the amount. And the power needed to achieve it. May I don't need 40 kg heat sinks for a passive build in the future anymore...

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil

Yes DX12 will give a boost as well. But maxwell may also profit.

Team Kepler + Sandy Bridge for life!

very rough estimates. Its the same every time guys, stop being stupid and learn what marketing is. you all fall for the hype then get let down time after time lol, 

So is the 8000 series launch happening again? I remember people wasting money on 7800 sli

AMD 860K @ 4.3GHz ; Kingston HyperX Fury 2400MHz ; Asus A88XM-Plus ; Sapphire R9 270X 2GB ; 600W Tacens Radix VII AG 80+Silver  ; Cooler Master TX3 Evo