Jeremy Clarkson Suspended by BBC

Badger906

sang a song with the lyric "catch a n***** by his toe"....But that was just everybody being "PC", not him being a terrible human being.

There was a bloody good reason that was never shown. I'm not going to defend the fact that he probably did say it and he was completely in the wrong for doing so, but for that he is not the only one to be blamed for it. The producers allowedthat part to be scripted, and the people who wrote it, because it's not just Clarkson, Hammond and May making the stuff up, are largely to blame.

Also, OT Clarkson isn't the type for physical violence. He might insult a BBC producer, but he won't attack them, he does have limits.

Plus, the BBC know that if they sack him, then their ratings will drop heavily, with Top Gear being their biggest money roller by a huge margin, they'll fall into financial issues pretty quickly if he goes.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

i seriously dont know why SKY dont approach clarkson hammond and may and be like right, lets start a new show, you can do what the hell you want as long as its not called top gear. It would still be as big, and sky would probably pour way more money into it! Sky dont care whats shown on their channels!!! 

Oh like sky will take them on. They've already had to sack Andy Gray for making sexist slurs towards a female linesman, they certainly don't want to take on Top Gear with all the "controvery" that it causes.

Honestly, A lot of the stuff that is considered "controversial" is usually an incredibly small minority taking offense over insifgnificant matters. The Slope comment in the burma special is absolutely ridiculous, so much so that Someone who I know who is from Burma has never heard of the slur in their life, and they lived in Burma for 25 years.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Oh like sky will take them on. They've already had to sack Andy Gray for making sexist slurs towards a female linesman, they certainly don't want to take on Top Gear with all the "controvery" that it causes.

Honestly, A lot of the stuff that is considered "controversial" is usually an incredibly small minority taking offense over insifgnificant matters. The Slope comment in the burma special is absolutely ridiculous, so much so that Someone who I know who is from Burma has never heard of the slur in their life, and they lived in Burma for 25 years.

i think only 2 people complained about the slope incident. I honestly can't imagine the kind of sad individual with nothing better to do in their life other than to complain about a tv show... its just so sad.. then again there was someone who recently complained about peppa pig for religious reasons lol.. kind of says it all about the world we currently live in!!

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

i think only 2 people complained about the slope incident. I honestly can't imagine the kind of sad individual with nothing better to do in their life other than to complain about a tv show... its just so sad.. then again there was someone who recently complained about peppa pig for religious reasons lol.. kind of says it all about the world we currently live in!!

Everything has to be Politically correct these days. Even baa baa black sheep has been renamed to the rainbow sheep or multicultural sheep, depending on where you look. People seem to take offense at the slightest of comments, even if it's not aimed at them, has any relevance to them, or if they were even there. These days I feel that people complain about top gear to ofcom because they want to get rid of clarkson, not because there really was something offensinve. And the one time (argentina) that they are almost killed over an unavoidable incident, everyone thinks it was intended and still turns against them.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

There was a bloody good reason that was never shown. I'm not going to defend the fact that he probably did say it and he was completely in the wrong for doing so, but for that he is not the only one to be blamed for it. The producers allowedthat part to be scripted, and the people who wrote it, because it's not just Clarkson, Hammond and May making the stuff up, are largely to blame.

Also, OT Clarkson isn't the type for physical violence. He might insult a BBC producer, but he won't attack them, he does have limits.

Plus, the BBC know that if they sack him, then their ratings will drop heavily, with Top Gear being their biggest money roller by a huge margin, they'll fall into financial issues pretty quickly if he goes.

JC punched Piers Morgan in the face at an award show a few years back. 

Me might he an orangutan, but he's the best. Hope they decide not to can him.

JC punched Piers Morgan in the face at an award show a few years back. 

Me might he an orangutan, but he's the best. Hope they decide not to can him.

That's Piers Morgan, he doesn't count.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

I would not be remotely surprised if Richard Hammond and James May resign if the BBC fires Clarkson. Those three are very close.

That's not going to happen, in the end it's a job.

The only hope is that they realize that without Jeremy Top Gear will lose a lot, it won't last more than 1 season without him.

Just read about this. I think it might just be some promotional thing but Top Gear doesn't really need more promotion.. If the BBC is serious about this suspending Clarkson and not airing Top Gear is gonna hurt them more than Clarkson.

Jeremy Clarkson is one of the few TV hosts I enjoy watching because he's not trying to be all pc all the time. All this fake political correctness everywhere is just annoying. Almost as annoying as the people who try to get butthurt over everything. /rant

That's not going to happen, in the end it's a job.

The only hope is that they realize that without Jeremy Top Gear will lose a lot, it won't last more than 1 season without him.

I'm pretty sure May and Hammond already know that, that's why there is very little incentive for them to stay without Clarkson.

Again, those three are very close, and all three are very wealthy. When the money is no longer a motivator, you would be surprised what friends will do for each other. I have seen people quit when their friend was layed off. And they were no where near as well off.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

NO MORE SPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED ????  :(  :(  :(  :(

Living in a parallel universe // PC Guy turns MAC.... 

Something ins't right...

Even baa baa black sheep has been renamed to the rainbow sheep or multicultural sheep, 

Wait.... That actually happened? I thought it was just some BS that was spread around.

The BBC has now pulled the rest of the series from schedules. Not good.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2015-03-10/top-gear-series-postponed-after-jeremy-clarkson-punches-producer

I think this might be the end of Top Gear. :(

200.gif

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

19e5038232.gif19e5038232.gif19e5038232.gif19e5038232.gif19e5038232.gif19e5038232.gif

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

hmm its usally published by the daily mail so its just a load of bullshit.

But since it was published by the bbc i guess its a proper cock up

Its all about those volumetric clouds

Well, BBC are going to lose some money. GG, I'll just go and watch Broadchurch when that's back on. Tennant can give my good TV fix. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Someone needs to find the little shit who got into it with him, and mug his ass.

God I am so sick of this "politically correct" culture. Whatever happened to freedom of speech?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Well, as several other people have stated, if Clarkson is out for good that's definitely the end of Top Gear. I would seriously hate for that to happen but I guess it was coming sooner or later. Even then I'm still completely at a loss for words.

Wait.... That actually happened? I thought it was just some BS that was spread around.

Oh no, it actually happened. My little cousin had to face it when he first went to nursery.

Someone needs to find the little shit who got into it with him, and mug his ass.

God I am so sick of this "politically correct" culture. Whatever happened to freedom of speech?

People who thought their opinion was more important is what happened.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Oh no, it actually happened. My little cousin had to face it when he first went to nursery.

People who thought their opinion was more important is what happened.

What, they've never heard the saying "opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and they all stink"?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

He'll be back, ultimately he brings in a lot of viewers and therefore revenue to the BBC. The BBC needs to be seeing punishing him otherwise it could damage their reputation but they will never fire him.

Top Gear is a huge money maker for the BBC and without Clarkson the show would go down hill. I think he is a prick sometimes but he is entertaining to watch but out of the three I much prefer James May.

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate