Which Bios version should i install?

Go to solution Solved by FrozenHydrangea,

i contacted msi and they told me that the latest bios updates for my motherboard still supports my ryzen 5 3600, i was able to update it with no issues

Im trying to update the BIOS on my B450 tomahawk max, but on the list of supported CPU (ryzen 5 3600), it only indicates that its compatible with a .zip file that came out in 2019, but not if its compatible with more recent versions or not.

The MSI site im trying to download it from: B450 TOMAHAWK MAX | Motherboard | MSI Global

44 minutes ago, FrozenHydrangea said:

Im trying to update the BIOS on my B450 tomahawk max, but on the list of supported CPU (ryzen 5 3600), it only indicates that its compatible with a .zip file that came out in 2019, but not if its compatible with more recent versions or not.

The MSI site im trying to download it from: B450 TOMAHAWK MAX | Motherboard | MSI Global

I recall B450 had limited memory on the CMOS chip. So to be forward compatible they would have to remove support for older CPUs as you updated the BIOS.

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

9 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

I recall B450 had limited memory on the CMOS chip. So to be forward compatible they would have to remove support for older CPUs as you updated the BIOS.

the reason why im trying to update motherboard's BIOS is because im trying to fix the constant crashing on fortnite im experiencing since i got a rx 7600, so this is not good news for me. i guess i will try to test the gpu on another motherboard in the future and see if that was the problem, but this really does suck.

i contacted msi and they told me that the latest bios updates for my motherboard still supports my ryzen 5 3600, i was able to update it with no issues