I Bought 6 PC “Speed Up” Tools to See if They Work

Everyone wants their computer to be running in the best condition possible, but they dont want to re install windows. Thats why we decided to run 6 Different tools to see if any of these can Speed up your computer. Will they work? Are they Snake Oil? The only way to find out was to hand over our credit card, and get Labs to test them!

Download these Tools...If you dare!

Avast: https://www.avast.com/en-ca/index#pc

CCleaner: https://www.ccleaner.com/

IOBit: https://www.iobit.com/en/advancedsystemcarepro.php

AVG Tuneup: https://www.avg.com/en-ca/avg-pctuneup#pc

MS PC Manager: https://pcmanager.microsoft.com/en-us

Ashampoo Win optimizer: https://www.ashampoo.com/en-us

You forgot the intro 👀

not good enough, I have Ashampoo (updating every version since years ago) and you didn't test it so I feel really left out 😞

7 minutes ago, silenttwalker said:

not good enough, I have Ashampoo (updating every version since years ago) and you didn't test it so I feel really left out 😞

Ashampoo lol, I remember using their voice recorder... it was... a wash. 😄

Just a heads up, macrium isn't free anymore, they changed it last year. Instead of it I found easyuefi disk clone to works like it and to be free

8 hours ago, Tideroo said:

You forgot the intro 👀

No we didnt, During Script review Linus and I decided to try something new, jumping straight into content and then setting up some steps later. It was an experiment that we have now seen might not have worked out well, since you are also not the first person to tell us this. Its all about trying new things to see how they pan out

22 minutes ago, Elijah Horner said:

No we didnt, During Script review Linus and I decided to try something new, jumping straight into content and then setting up some steps later. It was an experiment that we have now seen might not have worked out well, since you are also not the first person to tell us this. Its all about trying new things to see how they pan out

Definitely doesn't hurt to try new styles. Possibly counter-intuitively, you could just chop the first 7 seconds of video off and it wouldn't feel like you'd come in halfway through. Starting with "We downloaded every piece of free software at arm's-reach, carpet bombed our system..." etc etc would probably achieve the same effect. And you could always relocate the opening to after that with a "We did this to replicate yaddah yaddah yaddah" if it wasn't clear enough.

Keep up the good work!

You guys forgot to mention one of the main reason some products are listed in a lot of comparative reviews.... affiliate programs.  Whoever has the best affiliate programs will be placed in the area that gets more clicks

example

avast affiliate program : https://www.avast.com/en-ca/business/affiliates#pc

ccleaner - earn up to 35% of sale : https://www.ccleaner.com/affiliates

iobit -earn up to 75% of sale : https://www.iobit.com/en/partnersolutions.php

ashampoo - 30% https://www.ashampoo.com/en-us/partner

What am I not understanding about the "you have 3 more downloads remaining part."

My school allowed us to get free or dirt cheap software, but we had to go through a third party. I got Windows 10 and was also allowed 3 downloads as well, and I had to write down my product key at time of purchase, because they would not be sending it to me or ever allow me to view it again.
I bought a digital download of a game on Amazon. It's just gone. Might've had download limit (the support person might've told me that), but the fact that the game is just gone from Amazon... Seems like nowadays you just get an [Online Game Code] but once you feel burned...
Also Ubisoft, all my games have been removed from my account. Although this is fine, I never bought anything from them, I just don't trust Ubisoft. Although the reason I even checked was because people said their purchased games had been removed from their library (and I don't mean The Crew). (Off topic: Has Linus discussed the whole The Crew thing yet?)

I'm not arguing that they aren't scummy, but I just don't understand why that part was particularly bad for Linus, when much bigger companies will do similar things?

59 minutes ago, MaleficWelter said:
What am I not understanding about the "you have 3 more downloads remaining part."

My school allowed us to get free or dirt cheap software, but we had to go through a third party. I got Windows 10 and was also allowed 3 downloads as well, and I had to write down my product key at time of purchase, because they would not be sending it to me or ever allow me to view it again.
I bought a digital download of a game on Amazon. It's just gone. Might've had download limit (the support person might've told me that), but the fact that the game is just gone from Amazon... Seems like nowadays you just get an [Online Game Code] but once you feel burned...
Also Ubisoft, all my games have been removed from my account. Although this is fine, I never bought anything from them, I just don't trust Ubisoft. Although the reason I even checked was because people said their purchased games had been removed from their library (and I don't mean The Crew). (Off topic: Has Linus discussed the whole The Crew thing yet?)

I'm not arguing that they aren't scummy, but I just don't understand why that part was particularly bad for Linus, when much bigger companies will do similar things?

It's garbage no matter who does it 

A loong time ago, I worked as tech support for a company that sold various software products (from 5$ to 200$) they made... they had limited number of downloads because they used a credit card processor that required them to upload the software to their CDN and charged something like 0.2$ per download with a couple free downloads included or something like that.

They stuck with this company because they had some features that worked well for this company - for example during checkout you could choose to pay 3-5$ extra for a CD to be mailed to you with the software and the company processing the card and doing the checkout process would actually produce small batches of 50-100 factory made discs at a time and put them in boxes with your cover art and everything for those 3-5$

Lots of people in rural places of America chose to add that physical cd option to checkout so it worked for them ... anyway... this was like 15-20 years ago.

I had used AVG TuneUp for years, but since migrating to Windows 11, I haven't ever missed it. Now, I consider all the popular Windows cleanup tools bloatware - except maybe Bleachbit; that one's actually useful IMHO.

I tried IOBit's software before I left Windows 8.1 for good, and to be fair, I liked the clean aesthetics and even the multiple pieces of software, but also to be fair, some of the tools did the exact same things as the others IOBit offered (even those with a price tag!), and I was constantly bugged by "Update to premium!" ads. Needless to say, I don't use any of IOBit's software anymore... especially since I suspected that their free VPN software may have allowed a hacker into one of the computers I installed it on. 😬

The mind of a person with discernment gets knowledge, and the ear of the wise seeks knowledge. Proverbs 18:15 CJB

On 5/26/2024 at 4:25 AM, Elijah Horner said:

No need to worry, it just takes always time for people to get used to it ! I just legitimately thought the editor forgot it because I didnt see anyone talk about it 😅 I couldn't say which version is the best (jumping straight into content or not) but both are honestly good :old-smile:

On 5/26/2024 at 3:25 AM, Elijah Horner said:

Speaking of intros why are some light mode and others dark mode?

Apprentice Software Developer

5 hours ago, Blasty Blosty said:

Speaking of intros why are some light mode and others dark mode?

Literally no idea why, Editor picks lol

14 hours ago, Elijah Horner said:

Literally no idea why, Editor picks lol

Oh, my suspicion was something to do with what time the video was uploaded in Canada, late uploads would be dark mode for easier on the eyes with less sunlight

Apprentice Software Developer