Jeremy Clarkson Suspended by BBC

Badger906

The BBC will take into account that top gear is broadcast in almost every country, with valuable merchandise and live show tours every year making a huge chunk of the beebs money and will likely just hold the rest of the series off for a couple of months then bring it back on, maybe with a few extra episodes making it series 23.

They understand that if clarkson goes, hammond and may will leave right behind him, they're too close friends to not leave, which will spell the end for top gear.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

There was a bloody good reason that was never shown. I'm not going to defend the fact that he probably did say it and he was completely in the wrong for doing so, but for that he is not the only one to be blamed for it. The producers allowedthat part to be scripted, and the people who wrote it, because it's not just Clarkson, Hammond and May making the stuff up, are largely to blame.

Also, OT Clarkson isn't the type for physical violence. He might insult a BBC producer, but he won't attack them, he does have limits.

Plus, the BBC know that if they sack him, then their ratings will drop heavily, with Top Gear being their biggest money roller by a huge margin, they'll fall into financial issues pretty quickly if he goes.

He is violent, which is shown by another poster...even if it was Piers Morgan. My problem with Clarkson is that this is a man who loves controversy and who honestly should care just a tiny bit about how much damage he does to the BBC. People in this thread are talking about ratings like they were the most important thing in the world, and that high ratings means that the BBC should offer special treatment for Clarkson to behave in whatever way he likes.

We can be very sure that the BBC would like to avoid anymore focus on Clarkson, and would have avoided this if at all possible...Which means that Clarkson must have behaved in a pretty terrible way to that producer, forcing them to this action.

And people are angry at the BBC for suspending him..Should they just allow him free reign? Why should he get special treatment just because he is popular?

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

He is violent, which is shown by another poster...even if it was Piers Morgan. My problem with Clarkson is that this is a man who loves controversy and who honestly should care just a tiny bit about how much damage he does to the BBC. People in this thread are talking about ratings like they were the most important thing in the world, and that high ratings means that the BBC should offer special treatment for Clarkson to behave in whatever way he likes.

We can be very sure that the BBC would like to avoid anymore focus on Clarkson, and would have avoided this if at all possible...Which means that Clarkson must have behaved in a pretty terrible way to that producer, forcing them to this action.

And people are angry at the BBC for suspending him..Should they just allow him free reign? Why should he get special treatment just because he is popular?

I will agree that it is his nature to look for controversy. He said many times in his books, going to a grammar school you need to have a sarcastic sense of humour. Clarkson has this in abundance, unfortunately he can be too sarcastic and people don't have the same sense of humour as him. The piers Morgan incident is one that really shouldn't be used, as most people if given the chance would quite happily slot him, myself included. Live on TV even.

The issue is, for the BBC it is largely about ratings. They need Clarkson far more than he needs them. Himself, hammond and may are all incredibly rich and only do top gear because they enjoy it, whereas the BBC need them so that they can continue to make the other high quality programmes that they currently produce. There has to be a line where he will have to walk at some point, but right now the BBC can't afford to make him walk it. He needs to be reprimanded, and severely at that, but when it comes to one of the highest grossing TV shows around, you can't be heavy handed with the star. The key person to watch in all of this though is Andy Williams, he's the 4th wheel of the show as the main producer and went to school with clarkson. If there's anyone who will stand up to the ape, he's the man to do so, and will almost certainly have to act as the intermediate between clarkson and the BBC in the coming weeks.

This is far longer than I intended it to be. I really should self edit.

Edited by Thorium19

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Dang, that really sucks!

HAHAHAHAH

-Svoboman!

I will agree that it is his nature to look for controversy. He said many times in his books, going to a grammar school you need to have a sarcastic sense of humour. Clarkson has this in abundance, unfortunately he can be too sarcastic and people don't have the same sense of humour as him. The piers Morgan incident is one that really shouldn't be used, as most people if given the chance would quite happily slot him, myself included. Live on TV even.

The issue is, for the BBC it is largely about ratings. They need Clarkson far more than he needs them. Himself, hammond and may are all incredibly rich and only do top gear because they enjoy it, whereas the BBC need them so that they can continue to make the other high quality programmes that they currently produce. There has to be a line where he will have to walk at some point, but right now the BBC can't afford to make him walk it. He needs to be reprimanded, and severely at that, but when it comes to one of the highest grossing TV shows around, you can't be heavy handed with the star. The key person to watch in all of this though is Andy Williams, he's the 4th wheel of the show as the main producer and went to school with clarkson. If there's anyone who will stand up to the ape, he's the man to do so, and will almost certainly have to act as the intermediate between clarkson and the BBC in the coming weeks.

This is far longer than I intended it to be. I really should self edit.

I don't mind it being long, it makes it much more interesting to the debate when one takes time to make ones argument. I agree his humor is sarcastic, which is something i generally appreciate since mine is the same, but he hides behind it when he messes up sometimes.

I have a serious problem with your next statement. You might be right that Clarkson doesn't need the BBCm but the BBC will be just fine without him. They would of course prefer a big show with huge ratings to continue, but this most known TV station in the entire world. They have had an insane amount of extremely successful shows in the past, and have gotten over them too.

This show was going to end at some stage, and it seems a little bit to me like Clarkson is trying to get fired. He is without a doubt rich, but people always assume that means lack of greed, which is often the exact opposite. Clarkson would probably get a huge pay out if fired as supposed to just quitting.

...While Top Gear has remained a huge ratings success, there has been lower ratings at periods, and the show was criticized for running out of ideas...Clarksons controversy has even helped get massive ratings, but ratings can't be everything for the BBC.

Why can't they afford him to walk? Ofcourse they would prefer that this had not happen, and they could have continued to have this popular show, but theres a lot of difference between that and that they can't live without him.

It would be a huge loss, but there would be a end at some point.....

Its difficult to measure since most ratings we get are from the BBC-player which is ofcourse used more by young people, a key demographic of the show.

Will they ever get as many viewers for a car show again? No, but the BBC will continue to produce other popular shows in the future...One also has to remember that the BBC is about much more that just one very popular car show on bbc2. This is not sky, or another commercial channel.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

Don't know if this has already been mentioned but apparantly he almost punched a producer.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

uh

i doubt anything i watch will be able to replace the magic that was top gear

if one of the three left, I wouldn't watch it, not just clarkson.

the show can't go on.

Finally...Bigoted POS.

hurr durr

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

hurr durr

Read the entire thread instead of reacting after the first post you disagree with.

And your reddit language doesn't qualify at any type of argument.

Maybe you should suggest to Mr. Clarkson that he needs to stop trying to punch people.

Read the entire thread instead of reacting after the first post you disagree with.

Maybe you should suggest to Mr. Clarkson that he needs to stop trying to punch people.

*Plot twist* however wrong or right, people have a right to their opinions and biases. Why? Because you can't morally persecute people for their thoughts.

If he gets fired, this will end Top Gear completely. No one wants to watch it without Clarkson.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

*Plot twist* however wrong or right, people have a right to their opinions and biases. Why? Because you can't morally persecute people for their thoughts.

If he gets fired, this will end Top Gear completely. No one wants to watch it without Clarkson.

Did I morally persecute anybody? Im confused.

I agree with the second part of the statement. And I think BBC understands that as well. But we really can't have people punching producers no matter how much people like them.

Did I morally persecute anybody? Im confused.

I agree with the second part of the statement. And I think BBC understands that as well. But we really can't have people punching producers no matter how much people like them.

I don't know, maybe people could grow some balls and fight for themselves instead of crying like babies, you know, like people used to do?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I don't know, maybe people could grow some balls and fight for themselves instead of crying like babies, you know, like people used to do?

I suppose I should support that notion since Im rather large, and would probably do decently in such a world of survival of the fittest type society....But what is your point really?

You are angry at the producer for not keeping this hidden or what?

The only person you should be mad at, is Clarkson. Him and him alone is putting the show you love at risk.

Edit: New information, but im not trusting everything since its daily mail...

• 54-year-old allegedly threw punch at Oisin Tymon, 36, over catering issue 
'It was all over a catering issue. They came to the end of filming after a long day and Jeremy discovered that no food had been laid on.

'He just saw red and hit the assistant producer, who he blamed for not having organised the food. He snapped.'

What a diva

What's reddit?

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

i wish pps can leave topgear alone and F*** off, it would be like watching 2 and 1/2 man without charlie if they put a "leash" on topgear

lives on

BAKABT

CLARKSON!!!

What the hell has he managed to do this time to piss people off enough to have this happen? If it's anything to do with the continued jabs at the argies and being pro chile, then there will be trouble.

Few sources suggested that he was accused of punching the producer.

They won't fire him lol, that's moronic

What is Top Gear without Jezza

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.8GHZGPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X (X2 - SLI)RAM: 24GB | Storage: 128GB 960 PRO M.2 SSD, 1TB & 750GB HDD | Operating System: Windows 10, MacOS High Sierra

sang a song with the lyric "catch a n***** by his toe"....But that was just everybody being "PC", not him being a terrible human being.

Yep, that was everyone being too politically correct.

I think people are being overly PC because:

1) The most common version of the rhythm contains the word nigger. If you grew up with a rhyme verse then it's very hard to just change words in it. That's kind of the point of rhyme verses like that, to stick in your memory. You will automatically say the rhyme the same way you have learned it.

2) He mumbled it. If he said the word because he wanted to be offensive then he would have said it loud and clearly. They had to enhance the audio and listen very very carefully to kind of be able to hear the word nigger being said.

3) The take was not used in the show. Instead they recorded several takes where Clarkson said something else. It only surfaced because someone stole it from the BBC. If it was the take used in the actual program then I could kind of get it, but at this point it's kind of like taking a blooper from a movie and going "wow look at how bad he is!".

4) It's only a word... The context was completely harmless. You can't just take words out of context and go "wow that's so offensive!". If he said it with the intention of being offensive then I would get it, but he didn't say it to anyone, or about anyone. If you are still having trouble understanding the difference then think of it this way. There is a very big difference between stubbing my toe and screaming swear words because of that, and just randomly shouting the same swear words to a person with the intention of being mean to them.

Context is very, very important.

If he really did punch a producer then no, you shouldn't just go "well the producer should have fought back and Clarkson shouldn't have been fired".

I don't think we have enough details to say one side is right or wrong in this case. I think it's fair to say that a lot of his previous warnings were stupid though.

All I can imagine is James May yelling "Clarkson"

and the hamster just mumbling something under his breath so he doesn't look like he disapproves

You are fucking joking...

If the BBC pluck Clarkson, Top Gear is fucked.

Royally!

Then if they replace him with Chris Evans(Ginger one, not sexy one) I will throw mouldy cheese at everyone.

:lol: mouldy cheese....you do mean moldy cheese right :(

I really would like more information as to exactly what happened.

It will be extremely detrimental for the BBC to fire Clarkson.

I'll tell you what happened.....Clarkson being the neanderthal that he is, just keeps picking on the producer and insults the man and he just couldn't take it anymore. You doubt me, watch how many episodes he keeps making references to the producer when he is talking about someone who did something stupid and that is on camera, what about off camera, the producer just had enough.....boy do i wish i was there :lol:

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Will they at least release the other episodes of season 22?

Will they at least release the other episodes of season 22?

the next two episodes will definitely not be shown at the intended times, possibly never. The last episode of the season may be shown, but it is unlikely at this present point. I hope they at least make a few extra episodes and release the withheld ones and the new ones later in the year as a seperate season.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

:(
i7 5930k . 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666 DDR4 . Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming G1-WIFI . Zotac GeForce GTX 980 AMP! 4GB SLi . Crucial M550 1TB SSD . LG BD . Fractal Design Define R2 Black Pearl . SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750w . BenQ GW2765HT 2560x1440 . CM Storm QF TK MX Blue . SteelSeries Rival 
i5 2500k/ EVGA Z68SLi/ FX 8320/ Phenom II B55 x4/ MSI 790FX-GD70/ G.skill Ripjaws X 1600 8GB kit/ Geil Black Dragon 1600 4GB kit/ Sapphire Ref R9 290/ XFX DD GHOST 7770 

the next two episodes will definitely not be shown at the intended times, possibly never. The last episode of the season may be shown, but it is unlikely at this present point. I hope they at least make a few extra episodes and release the withheld ones and the new ones later in the year as a seperate season.

There's still hope. There's currently a petition going on that I linked above to get Jeremy back. Not only that but the person who was supposed to be the Star In The Reasonably Priced Car this week is not happy either.  

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"