Jeremy Clarkson Suspended by BBC

Badger906

There's still hope. There's currently a petition going on that I linked above to get Jeremy back. Not only that but the person who was supposed to be the Star In The Reasonably Priced Car this week is not happy either.  

Yeah, Gary Lineker was meant to be this weeks star, although I think he's a bit miffed but more finding it quite humorous. Also, the petition won't work because he hasn't been sacked yet, so you can't reinstate a person who still works there.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Yeah, Gary Lineker was meant to be this weeks star, although I think he's a bit miffed but more finding it quite humorous. Also, the petition won't work because he hasn't been sacked yet, so you can't reinstate a person who still works there.

It's not to get him unsacked, but to get him unsuspended. Heck, even James May thinks everything was blown out of proportion. 

If the producers allow him to controversial on TV, they cant have such thin skin when it comes to off screen. But that's just my opinion. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Bummer... this means that we won't see which of the three supercars is the fastest and I was really looking forward to the race. Still Ferrari la Ferrari is my personal favorite :P

:lol: mouldy cheese....you do mean moldy cheese right :(

No, that is just the British spelling. Although, I am perfectly happy to throw British and American cheese.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

No, that is just the British spelling. Although, I am perfectly happy to throw British and American cheese.

was just messing with you...i am from a British colony. :)  

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

was just messing with you...i am from a British colony. :)  

I knew that...

jeremygrowlshort.gif

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

Respect the Code of Conduct!

>> Feel free to join the unofficial LTT teamspeak 3 server TS3.schnitzel.team <<

>>LTT 10TB+ Topic<< | >>FlexRAID Tutorial<<>>LTT Speed wave<< | >>LTT Communies and Servers<<

petition to get him back:

https://www.change.org/p/bbc-reinstate-jeremy-clarkson

@Badger906, can I please has best answer so people see this petition or can you link it in the OP?

Your link is down.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Your link is down.

That's because Change.org is getting reamed by all the people trying to sign the petition.

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

Your link is down.

That's because Change.org is getting reamed by all the people trying to sign the petition.

yeah thats change.org not keeping up, it went from 400k to 500k in just under an hour.  :P

the link is fine.

Respect the Code of Conduct!

>> Feel free to join the unofficial LTT teamspeak 3 server TS3.schnitzel.team <<

>>LTT 10TB+ Topic<< | >>FlexRAID Tutorial<<>>LTT Speed wave<< | >>LTT Communies and Servers<<

yeah thats change.org not keeping up, it went from 400k to 500k in just under an hour.  :P

the link is fine.

I don't think this will make a change, I mean they don't have to do anything if they reach 1000000 signatures.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

I don't think this will make a change, I mean they don't have to do anything if they reach 1000000 signatures.

No they don't have to do anything but the BBC would be insane to ignore a million people calling for Clarksons return.

Clarkson will almost certainly keep his job, he's just be censured, punished and told not to do it again or he will lose his job for real. However ,throughout all of this, has nobody thought about the producer he "punched"? If Clarkson gets his job back, then that guy won't be able to continue working for top gear and likely the BBC due to fear of Clarkson coming after him, so the whole situation will do little to Clarkson as he's nothing to worry about financially and he doesn't seem too bothered by it all, yet someone else is going to lose his job over all of it just because he stood up to a TV star. (Playing devils advocate here, don't take this as my opinion)

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Didn't he punch out that idiot Piers Morgan once before too?

Yes, although who wouldn't? I consider that a matter of public service.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Neat.

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

Yes, although who wouldn't? I consider that a matter of public service.

Yeah I'm not really a fan of Piers Morgan for political reasons, but don't want to talk about it here.  So why did he punch out Piers Morgan before?  I never heard why.

Didn't he punch out that idiot Piers Morgan once before too?

Probably to him, Piers Morgan might seem to be moronic.

the link is fine.

Gotta ask, didja start that? :D

Anyways, hope it succeeds!

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

i wish pps can leave topgear alone and F*** off, it would be like watching 2 and 1/2 man without charlie if they put a "leash" on topgear

No. "why?" you may ask. Because he's done something that is not only insanely stupid, but also incredibly selfish.

Stupid in that him punching a producer would be the same as you going into your work, to your boss or the head of HR's office and punching them. Unless they're threatening your safety or your integrity (which from what's been evidenced here, is not the case) you don't even get angry at them, let alone touch them.

Selfish in that now all the people who work on that show now may be out of work (unless they're full time with the BBC). Which may not be a problem for people like may or Hammond who make a stupid amount of money each year, but if you're a freelancer (like most people working in this industry), that's a pretty big deal.

So yeah, not something we should just be shrugging off.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

No. "why?" you may ask. Because he's done something that is not only insanely stupid, but also incredibly selfish.

Stupid in that him punching a producer would be the same as you going into your work, to your boss or the head of HR's office and punching them. Unless they're threatening your safety or your integrity (which from what's been evidenced here, is not the case) you don't even get angry at them, let alone touch them.

Selfish in that now all the people who work on that show now may be out of work (unless they're full time with the BBC). Which may not be a problem for people like may or Hammond who make a stupid amount of money each year, but if you're a freelancer (like most people working in this industry), that's a pretty big deal.

So yeah, not something we should just be shrugging off.

Everyone one makes racist or offensive comments its everywhere and what not, they should learn to live with it. And believe me a lone "Asian" in gippsland i get plenty and dont give a shit.

Basic if they put a leash on topgear then wtf is the point watching it. it wont be the same. Selfish, its not selfish if he does it unintentionally want to harm others, freelancer what you expect that is the risk of a freelancer. If you went to become a freelancer and not know that risk your an idiot for doing so. As for the other pps tough luck i've been through that its called life. Shit happens.. solider on

i'm pretty sure BBC will give them a lead way of some sort or transfer them to another department. They are a pretty big company

lives on

BAKABT

His contract was going to end soon anyway. Clarkson, May and Hammond were in talks with the BBC to extend their contracts for another 3 years, but now all talks are suspended too. Perfect time for a switch to another channel.

As for the BBC doing fine, the cancellation of the last 2 (possibly 3) episodes will cost the BBC millions.

All the networks who bought the series will now want 20 or 30% of their money back (depending on how many episodes will be scrapped) + compensation for all the time and effort needed to sort out their schedules again.

Aaand a low blow from fifth gear

11029493_10153683414647519_2012484135055

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Aaand a low blow from fifth gear

11029493_10153683414647519_2012484135055

The fact that their show airs on the "History" channel invalidates anything they could ever say about this.