GTAV Updates: Online Heists Coming March 10, GTAV for PC Coming April 14

ObeseWalrus

Remember guys, DO NOT pre-order, WAIT until reviews are completely out, WAIT until people have properly reviewed the PC port and how well it runs and its stability, WAIT until a torrent is up so you can test it properly before you buy it, and only THEN actually purchase the product.

There is a high chance this port is going to be dog shit, so don't just throw your wallet at them. They don't deserve it until there is 100% certainty it is a decent port and product that should be purchased.

Theres a high chance that all PC ports can be shit, so I'll happily wait another few days to see what people say in real world use. 

I don't understand this mentality of giving money to "developers we trust". Guess what kids? People used to trust DICE too. And BioWare. And Bungie. And Ubisoft. And nearly ever single developer to date who has managed to screw their pooch. 

Digital downloads don't run out. Maybe have some patience and avoid hyping games up to the point of no recovery. 

I would also like to remind everybody of the disaster that was the launch PC port of GTAIV. People kept using the excuse that mods make the game excellent. While it sure does, the fact that you need to rely on mods to get a satisfactory gaming experienced for the general market, means the stock, vanilla game is sub-par. To add to that, Rockstar in general is not very well known for caring about the PC gaming market. There is still so many games from them that never saw the light of day in PC gaming.

So, be cautious about your purchases, and do not blindly pre-order based on love for the franchise(s). We really do not need the next AC Unity-level fiasco.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

Theres a high chance that all PC ports can be shit, so I'll happily wait another few days to see what people say in real world use. 

I don't understand this mentality of giving money to "developers we trust". Guess what kids? People used to trust DICE too. And BioWare. And Bungie. And Ubisoft. And nearly ever single developer to date who has managed to screw their pooch. 

Digital downloads don't run out. Maybe have some patience and avoid hyping games up to the point of no recovery. 

Pretty much.

I'm sure Total Biscuit will do a decent PC port review too.

if someone would ask me to pinpoint the time when delaying the game looks like a bit of joke, I would put my finger here...

Thank you Rockstar Games for delaying a game, that SHOULD OF been released at the same time as the consoles version.

Im honestly in that point of ''why even bother buying it, its already a 2-3 year old game, when it gets released''.

CPU: i7 5820k @4.5Ghz | Mobo: MSI X99A SLI Plus | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 Quad Channel | GPU: GTX 970 @ 1579 Mhz | Case: Cooler Master HAF 922 | OS: Windows 10

Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | PSU: Corsair TX750 | Display: Samsung SyncMaster 2233 & SyncMaster SA350 | Cooling: Cooler Master Seidon 120M

Keyboard: Razer Lycosa | Mouse: Steelseries Kana | Sound: Steelseries Siberia V2

The PC gaming comminty is so whiney sometimes it's unbearable.

"YOU RELEASED GAME TOO SOON AND IT NOT WORK! YOU'RE THE WORST COMPANY EVER!"

"YOU DELAYED GAME SO THAT WHEN WE GET IT IT WILL WORK! YOU'RE THE WORST COMPANY EVER!"

Make up your mind whiney little runts, you cant have your cake and eat it too.

When a game is delayed 1½ year, and still not released, you can be whiney as much as you want, that is horrible development.

CPU: i7 5820k @4.5Ghz | Mobo: MSI X99A SLI Plus | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 Quad Channel | GPU: GTX 970 @ 1579 Mhz | Case: Cooler Master HAF 922 | OS: Windows 10

Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | PSU: Corsair TX750 | Display: Samsung SyncMaster 2233 & SyncMaster SA350 | Cooling: Cooler Master Seidon 120M

Keyboard: Razer Lycosa | Mouse: Steelseries Kana | Sound: Steelseries Siberia V2

Rockstar on April 10th: we are sorry to say we will be delaying the game to may 15th 2027

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

The PC gaming comminty is so whiney sometimes it's unbearable.

"YOU RELEASED GAME TOO SOON AND IT NOT WORK! YOU'RE THE WORST COMPANY EVER!"

"YOU DELAYED GAME SO THAT WHEN WE GET IT IT WILL WORK! YOU'RE THE WORST COMPANY EVER!"

Make up your mind whiney little runts, you cant have your cake and eat it too.

It's a major company that's taking over a year and a half to release a PORT. People believe they're just trying to milk money from consoles. We'll see though when it comes out, in two years.

RIP in pepperonis m8s

As many people have said, this game better be so well polished I can see my reflection in it. They better get this right. At least Rockstar has free DLC and their games are actually functional at launch. People are complaining, but I'd take this over Ubisoft's shit any day.

I am conducting some polls regarding your opinion of large technology companies. I would appreciate your response. 

Microsoft Apple Valve Google Facebook Oculus HTC AMD Intel Nvidia

I'm using this data to judge this site's biases so people can post in a more objective way.

I would rather wait for the game to be as polished as possible, but this is starting to get a bit stupid with amount of times Rockstar has delayed the launch. All I can say is it had better be worth the bloody wait. 

Ryze of the Phoenix: 
CPU:      AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.15GHz
Ram:      64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200Mhz (Samsung B-Die & Nanya Technology)
GPU:      MSI RTX 3060 12GB Aero ITX
Storage: Crucial P3 1TB NVMe Gen 4 SSD, 1TB Crucial MX500, Spinning Rust (7TB Internal, 16TB External - All in-use),
PSU:      Cooler Master MWE Gold 750w V2 PSU (Thanks LTT PSU Tier List)
Cooler:   BeQuite! Prue Rock 2 Black Edition
Case:     ThermalTake Versa J22 TG

Passmark 10 Score: 6096.4         CPU-z Score: 4189 MT         Unigine Valley (DX11 @1080p Ultra): 5145         CryEngine Neon Noir (1080p Ultra): 9579

Audio Setup:                  Scarlett 2i2, AudioTechnica AT2020 XLR, Mackie CR3 Monitors, Sennheiser HD559 headphones, HyperX Cloud II Headset, KZ ES4 IEM (Cyan)

Laptop:                            MacBook Pro 2017 (Intel i5 7360U, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, 2x Thunderbolt 3 Ports - No Touch Bar) Catalina & Boot Camp Win10 Pro

Primary Phone:               Xiaomi Mi 11T Pro 5G 256GB (Snapdragon 888)

They started porting the game 1 month ago but realised it ran so shitty they need another delay.

Whatever, 3 weeks won't fix anything if the game isn't polished enough. According to them it would be shiny like diamonds. (3 official delays, every delay they needed more "polishing", yeah sure, everyone believes that)

Are you fucking kidding? How many times do you have to delay this? Don't put a release date on it until you're sure that you can meet that release date. They are slowly becoming EA and Ubisoft

Ubisoft would be hard at work on GTA VI by now, rushing to meet a probably disastrous holiday 2015 release.

This anger at Rockstar for delaying a game in the interest of making it better is absolutely shameful. You guys need to figure out your priorities. This should be particularly good news for anyone who pre-ordered… Rockstar already has your money, they're free to give you the product in whatever state they feel like.

This is actually a joke now. This is the only game i am genuinely excited for and they keep delaying it. They have no excuse now the game for PC should have come out when it released with the consoles they are taking us for a bunch of c*nts

Bah, I'm pretty pissed right now despite the fact I knew it was coming.

R* are blantently delaying just to push sales of console versions, they've realised they're over a year late for heists which was originally coming in 2013 so decided to release heists on consoles and delay the PC version again.

At this point I'm not only gonna not pre order (which I never normally do but was willing to for V) but I'm not going to buy it until I see it at 50% off. You've shown you don't give a fuck about my chosen platform and because of that I don't give a fuck about you.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Jack-Nicholson.gif

I fucking prediced this and I'm gonna go ahead and say this isn't the last delay. At this point I'd almost prefer them to release a broken game, I'm just so tired of waiting.

Meh. I said it before and I'll say it again. Doesn't really bother me and it shouldn't really bother other people. The smarter bunch of us will wait for a decent sale to come around rather than spend another wad of cash for a game we've probably played at least once on console anyway.

Heists though... Meh. I might have cared when my friends played the game. Unless heists can be done solo I have no interest in them.

They delayed the game.

Simple solution:

I will delay my money.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

This had better be the most polished GTA ever released to justify this wait.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

This had better be the most polished GTA ever released to justify this wait.

yeah if this ends up being a broken game despite the delays I'm setting fire to my PC and moving to antarctica.

Again ? i have other works , i just want to get this game over with 

B9uoRoD.gif

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Fuck them. I'd rather have a game with funny glitches than wait half a year after the 8th gen consoles. I don't care what state it's in. I. Want. It. Now.

People like you is why ACU came out in the state it did.

Its got nothing to do with polish.

1)They sacrificed the PC release to get heists finished.

2)They wanted to release heists on consoles first.

3)They want to make PC & Console owners buy it twice. (even if one is in a sale)

Only when they're satisfied with NG console sales will they release the PC version.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

People like you is why ACU came out in the state it did.

You have to admit tho - there were some great glitches. And the game is now on it's fourth delay. It's not unreasonable to expect a finished product by now.

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.