AMD offering a deal on their cards if you return your 970!

TheMidnightNarwhal

Yes im a huge AMD fanboy , thats why i recommend nvidia cards all the time for builds.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/297961-mini-itx-console-killer/

so why have you acted like a total tool and tried to blow this hole thing out of all proportion?

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

so why have you acted like a total tool and tried to blow this hole thing out of all proportion?

Inicially i was distraught because nvidia either lied or was incompetent.

I have calmed down from there.

They have apologized , given refunds and are trying to do a driver fix.

I was just answering Victurious secret when he said every company lies.

bTt2Cs8.jpg

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Is this legit? & How much is the actual discount?

Well he tweeted it so yes. I don't know, I didn't asked him.

LOL love the nvidia fanboys here. "AMD is such a meanie! How could they take advantage of this situation! I've lost all respect for them. :( " It's just business. Shut up...

AMD keep firing shots! If you return your 970 and contact Roy from AMD he says he can get you a deal on a "Radeon with a full 4GB". I feel this is a great tactic from AMD and they want to rush the people to get a AMD card before NVIDIA fixes it. He states "drop me a line roy.taylor@ AMD.com" .

4a3449b266.png

Info and Sauce

Edit: Added a picture of the tweet,

Does this include the new Radeon cards coming out? Also where do you return the card. Also can it be an AMD card without the reference cooler. Please and thank you. I will e-mail this guy later tonight and ask him these questions.  

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

Nvidia's PR team is fucked.

They should have handled this much better from the start.  Offer 970 owners $25+ off their next Nvidia GPU.

$25?  I would have LOL'ed at that.  Give me a break!

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

*throws away the empty popcorn bag, takes out nachos

I would if AMD was buying back my 970 from me for full price lol. Or some kind of trade in.

I'll take a 290 or 290x in trade for my 970, sure.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I would if AMD was buying back my 970 from me for full price lol. Or some kind of trade in.

I'll take a 290 or 290x in trade for my 970, sure.

I don't think they will do that.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

Haha!!! This is awesome!!! Wonder if this will piss Nvidia off enough for there next generation to absolutely destroy everything.

Hope amds offering is good.

In my mind what AMD is doing is kinda like poking a hungry/grumpy bear.

Gaben and Valve do so little, whats to lie about? 

SteamOS? That isn't and won't be a thing. 

Customer Service? I get better customer service sitting in the backseat of a police cruiser after being arrested. 

Half Life 3? You mean the gaming industries biggest joke after Duke Nukem Forever? 

Hey, I enjoyed DN forever, sure it didn't meet expectation, by a like a fucking mile and half, but at least it made it to market. (still waiting on certain products that have been in the pipeline for over a year)

. Not so good. >.> Maybe the 290X, but the heat output is certainly a minus.

The 290x is about $50 more in Aus.  So it is a serious contender for me at the moment.  Heat is not an issue, to be honest my current GTX570 sounds like an air raid siren and effectively heats my room so I can't see the 290x being that much worse.  Hell I might even get a LC for it when I upgrade, making heat and noise a null issue altogether. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

So, as Linus so hilariously put it in his latest video, AMD is marketing to kids who have to ask their parents for a new piece of hardware? 

LUL. 

Still comes nowhere near to Nvidia outright lying to their 970 customers. You wonder why Linus has kept so quiet about this who fiasco? All that free crap Linus gets (A box full of Titan Blacks for example) it's no wonder he rarely says anything bad about Nvidia.

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro | PSU: Enermax Revolution87+ 850W | Motherboard: MSI Z97 MPOWER MAX AC | GPU 1: MSI R9 290X Lightning | CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k | SSD: Samsung SM951 128GB M.2 | HDDs: 2x 3TB WD Black (RAID1) | CPU Cooler: Silverstone Heligon HE01 | RAM: 4 x 4GB Team Group 1600Mhz

Still comes nowhere near to outright lying to their 970 customers. You wonder why Linus has kept so quiet about this who fiasco? All that free crap Linus gets (A box full of Titan Blacks for example) it's no wonder he rarely says anything bad about Nvidia.

@Linus @Slick

A good question. although last week on WAN they said "we don't really know enough right now to comment"

@Linus @Slick

A good question. although last week on WAN they said "we don't really know enough right now to comment"

We have more information now.

I would LOVE their opinion.

We have more information now.

I would LOVE their opinion.

As would I. Specifically, did you guys notice anything when doing your benchmarks before the release?

As would I. Specifically, did you guys notice anything when doing your benchmarks before the release?

In a video i saw LINUS mentioned that the 970s stuttered at high resolutions.

Before this fiasco i think.

Was it before or am i wrong?

Still comes nowhere near to Nvidia outright lying to their 970 customers. You wonder why Linus has kept so quiet about this who fiasco? All that free crap Linus gets (A box full of Titan Blacks for example) it's no wonder he rarely says anything bad about Nvidia.

Wait for tomorrow WAN show , i bet they will say something about it.

In a video i saw LINUS mentioned that the 970s stuttered at high resolutions.

Before this fiasco i think.

-snip

Was it before or am i wrong?

Stuttering always is an issue with SLI

Wait for tomorrow WAN show , i bet they will say something about it.

I'm willing to bet that Luke will do most of the talking on that topic. I think the news came up just before the last WAN show and was vaguely skimmed over.

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro | PSU: Enermax Revolution87+ 850W | Motherboard: MSI Z97 MPOWER MAX AC | GPU 1: MSI R9 290X Lightning | CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k | SSD: Samsung SM951 128GB M.2 | HDDs: 2x 3TB WD Black (RAID1) | CPU Cooler: Silverstone Heligon HE01 | RAM: 4 x 4GB Team Group 1600Mhz

I guess , micro stuterring at least.

I think both AMD and Nvidia have micro-stutter issues with Crossfire and SLI. At least with Crossfire in my case, i experience it a bit with my cards but it depends on the game.

True. SLI is a bit better from what i have read.

Correct me if i am wrong however.

It's not bad, at least for me. I have no idea if Crossfire is any better or worse than SLI for micro-stutter. I think it's more likely to depend on different games, On FC3 i get bad micro-stutter when using VSYNC but it has no micro-stutter when i switch off VSYNC. Tbh though i only really get it in badly optimised or Ubisoft games. :P

i talked with an nvidia rep and he gave me a dying light code as an apology :}

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015