AMD offering a deal on their cards if you return your 970!

TheMidnightNarwhal

i talked with an nvidia rep and he gave me a dying light code as an apology :}

I would of asked for shadow of mordor but thats just me lol. At least they care.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

91UwUiU.jpg

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

I would of asked for shadow of mordor but thats just me lol. At least they care.

i didn't ask for a specific game, I just asked if there were any Pick your Path codes left over since i bought the card right after that promo but right before the vram news was out.. worst timing ever xD

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

i didn't ask for a specific game, I just asked if there were any Pick your Path codes left over since i bought the card right after that promo but right before the vram news was out.. worst timing ever xD

If they would give a pick the path code to every user that would be awesome IMHO.

Got a reply!!!

It's 10% off a $350 290x and a free hat.

surprised theres no "4GB means 4GB" stickers and such xD

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Got a reply!!!

It's 10% off a $350 290x and a free hat.

What manufacturer and where do you send the 970?

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

What manufacturer and where do you send the 970?

Arg.  It's a deal for people that are returning their 970's.  NOT a deal for people to send AMD their 970's.  Wtf would AMD do with a crap ton of NVIDIA Cards?

It's XFX

surprised theres no "4GB means 4GB" stickers and such xD

Ikr, I was expecting it.

Arg.  It's a deal for people that are returning their 970's.  NOT a deal for people to send AMD their 970's.  Wtf would AMD do with a crap ton of NVIDIA Cards?

It's XFX

Ikr, I was expecting it.

What proof do they have that you returned the 970? Sure I can say I returned a 970. All I have to do is go buy one and return it later.

On second thoughts, I'd take an R9 3xx GPU after returning my GTX 970 IF they are willing to admit that the FX line was 'a complete fuck up', they accept the AMD DX-40 and the early Athlon (the one that kicked the crap out of Intel offerings for a while) were the best CPUs they ever made (maybe the phenoms as well, having a higher IPC then their replacements is embarrassing), and publicly admit all of the general consumers and companies that bought the FX and opteron line got lied to about the true core count of the CPUs ("8 cores" is 4, "16 cores" is 8).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

OH SHIT NI**A WHAT U DOIN AMD

This is fucking hilarious

Sounds to me like amd is a bit of an asshole

If this is so I dislike AMD even more for leeching off of the succes of others by simply not doing anything interesting or innovative and point out wrongdoings in other people's ambitions then good job AMD. I dislike you even more.

This is very cheap on their part. And I don't believe a word of it. 

Nvidia lied to your face......... and giving a discount is dirty. Lol

Or a free game :D

A free good game*

Not broken shit like AC:Unity.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I would not gift AC Unity to my worse enemies.

Thats just cruel.

I would prefer gifting them bad rats.

Thats a better game.

We just need a game that beats skyrim for them to offer with their cards.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

It's XFX

The same XFX R9 290X that I've seen for $290?

lmao this isn't a deal this is attempting to take shots at NVIDIA

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

AMD's real motive behind this is to make its customers forget they still haven't made a good CPU or a GPU that can't also act as a power hungry heater. :lol:

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

NVIDIA took mad shots at their drivers xD.

Its not like they are saints.

I wanna see the hat, tho.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Kind of sucks that its the most expensive 290x card there pretty much

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Thecus n4800 | WD White Label 8tb x4 in raid 5

Phones:

Oneplux 6t (Mint), Nexus 5x 8.1.0 (wifi only), Nexus 4 (wifi only)

It is good marketng plain and simple. It's not dirty, childish, pathetic or morally wrong (some strange morals I guess), it's agressive and strategic. Some may not like it because they have too much brand loyalty and it's a shot at their favorite company. However, the problem is the next time they screw up it wil just get thrown in their face and it will be worse than what they are doing now, and they can't or shouldn't cry foul. Nvidia is tops in the GPU right now so they can just point to how their 980 is better than the top single gpu AMD has to offer, and let's nit forget efficiency.

NVIDIA took mad shots at their drivers xD.

Its not like they are saints.

There is more than just that. I am sure there has been plenty of back and forth attack on one another.