AMD offering a deal on their cards if you return your 970!

TheMidnightNarwhal

Read their new stunt, they won't be releasing a driver that will help with the last 500MB of vRAM. (I'd have been happy if it was just reserved for Windows and browsers-excluding plugins of course).

I dont really mind that much as I am gaming on 1080p single monitor, so even SLI would be pointless

I dont really mind that much as I am gaming on 1080p single monitor, so even SLI would be pointless

I know, I was even praising it for being good at 1080p. Fair enough the benchmarks don't lie, but with the stunts Nvidia is starting to pull after being called out, screw them.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Read their new stunt, they won't be releasing a driver that will help with the last 500MB of vRAM. (I'd have been happy if it was just reserved for Windows and browsers-excluding plugins of course).

What new stunt?

Im curious.

I know, I was even praising it for being good at 1080p. Fair enough the benchmarks don't lie, but with the stunts Nvidia is starting to pull after being called out, screw them.

If I knew this two weeks ago, I wouldnt even go through the EVGA step-up program.... going from GTX760 to GTX970... but the 980 is waaay too much for my wallet atm, so 970 it is regardless

PMSL

this is a bad move.from now on amd should be very selective with what they do or say couse nvidia will be waiting 

They lied twice.

First lie : Our card has 64 ROPS and full speed access to memory.

Second lie : We will fix this with drivers , oh wait that's too hard scrap that.

HILARIOUS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnVbS32gnoo#t=46

They lied twice.

Second lie : We will fix this with drivers , oh wait that's too hard scrap that.

HILARIOUS.

and what does that have to do with my post?

They lied twice.

HILARIOUS.

Ikr? And since I'm covered under Australian consumer law, if the R9 3xx series proves better (got a 650W PSU so I'm fine), I might return my GTX 970 ($565 should be plenty) and just try AMD out since I've never owned one of their desktop graphics cards (had an Nvidia Geforce 256, which died in normal use-the AMD and other Nvidia graphics were laptop iGPU).

PMSL

Ikr? And since I'm covered under Australian consumer law, if the R9 3xx series proves better (got a 650W PSU so I'm fine), I might return my GTX 970 ($565 should be plenty) and just try AMD out since I've never owned one of their desktop graphics cards (had an Nvidia Geforce 256, which died in normal use-the AMD and other Nvidia graphics were laptop iGPU).

I think everyone should go RED after this clown fest.

Was it not enough to lie once?

Ubisoft == NVIDIA in my book.

Offtopic but god damn @zappian, you're goin ham, at this rate you'll have like 150,000 posts by the end of the year

K26FyWz.png

RIP in pepperonis m8s

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

No thanks, I like my quiet, less heat and power consumption GTX 970 thanks :)

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

i like how you assume they planed all this from the beginning 

Uhh, where did I say or hint that? And if you thought of that before me, your thinking it as well. (lets face it, companies always put their bottom line first, though some are absolutely stupid in they way they do that).

PMSL

nvidia has officially admitted and apologized ,i was talking to a nvidia pr today in the afternoon.......

attachicon.gifUntitlednvidia1.png

I like how you covered up the part where you slam AMD for making a "heater", if you're going to slam them at least have some balls and let everyone know what you think.

Dreadnaught: Intel Core i7 970 3.2GHz, Silverstone TD-02, ASUS Rampage III Extreme, Kingston Fury White 24GB 1866MHz, Crucial BX100 250GB + Seagate 2TB SSHD, AMD Radeon Sapphire R9 390 Nitro, NZXT S340 White, Bitfenix Fury 650W, BenQ XL2730Z.

I like how you covered up the part where you slam AMD for making a "heater", if you're going to slam them at least have some balls and let everyone know what you think.

giphy.gif

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

@msquare Derp

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

That's pretty shady if you're talking about holding onto your 970 for a few more months and waiting for the R9 300 series. Either you're pissed now and want the return now or you should stick with it, not try to run your own little con to use it as a placeholder until a more powerful card launches. You're completely fucking over whatever store you bought your 970 from if you're using the law to demand a full refund on prices from months ago should you pull that crap in May or June when R9 380x might launch. You're completely in the right to demand a refund now for being lied to by Nvidia, but no way you should be allowed to use it as an excuse to essentially trade up to better cards later on since GPUs lose significant value over such time periods. How much do you think your retailer will be able to sell your open box GTX 970 for in May or June when the R9 380x is spanking the 980?