Mini ITX console killer

zappian
Go to solution Solved by SuperPug,

Can you recommend me a smaller decent case if possible , i want something super tiny and havent found that that case is want i want.

Cooler Master Elite 110? Might have clearance issues and you need a SFF PSU for it. Smallest case i know.

This is a build from a online friend of mine , he lives in Murica.

Budget 600 bucks , uses gaming , needs a small form factor.

CPU: Intel Core i3-4130 3.4GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($105.75 @ OutletPC) 
CPU Cooler: Zalman CNPS7000-AlCu Ball Bearing CPU Cooler  ($15.67 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: ASRock B85M-ITX Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($72.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 2GB Video Card  ($199.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Antec ISK600 Mini ITX Tower Case  ($39.99 @ NCIX US) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic 400W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($44.98 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $590.86
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-01-25 09:02 EST-0500

Build FAQ

Why no FX cpus for that build , those are da bomb

FX cpus would melt a mini ITX mobo , they woudlnt work

What about athlon x4 860k

No comments

Eww gtx 960 are you a nvidia fanboy?

There is not itx version of the 280 so we have to use this , plus it ocs better than a 285 , much better.

That zalman cooler sucks

Its the cooler with lowest DB in pc part picker , im going for a ninja silent build.

Fair enough... should work nicely. Thumbs up for the Zalman btw i think that cooler design is 8 years old at this point :P

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

Fair enough... should work nicely. Thumbs up for the Zalman btw i think that cooler design is 8 years old at this point :P

Can you recommend me a smaller decent case if possible , i want something super tiny and havent found that that case is want i want.

Why no FX cpus for that build , those are da bomb

No, not they are not the bomb, they are absolutely terrible

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

Cooler Master Elite 110? Might have clearance issues and you need a SFF PSU for it. Smallest case i know.

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

Nice that fits the bill.

I managed to find a use for the 960 , glad i had a friend in need of an upgrade.

181125060ac4dcf7a3.jpg

Hadron Air? I think it looks pretty sweet.

Intel i7 4790k / MSI Z97M / Hyper 212 Evo / MSI Twin Frozr GTX 770 / 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz / Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 / Corsair CS750M / Samsung 840 Evo 250gb SSD /  WD Blue 1TB

-

I checked again and realised that it actually works with a normal ATX PSU so no SSF PSU needed :)

there is an itx 285.

there are much quieter cpu coolers, dB ratings dont really tell anything about how quiet a cpu cooler is.

Its in the build FAQ , the 960 ocs much better than the 285 and performs better overall when oced.

They have both 2 GB VRAM anyways , i picked the one that performed better.

You can get insane ocs on a 960.

Its in the build FAQ , the 960 ocs much better than the 285 and performs better overall when oced.

did you edit it? i am very sure that that wasnt there when i first read it.

anyways, in my opinion it's just the silicon lottery.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/298078-gtx-960-or-r9-280/

it looks like the community is not on your side.

Op dindt mention the 280.

He said that between the 285 and the gtx 960  the 960 is a better card , maxwell cards OC better.

And i would agree with that statement.

op mentioned the 280.

280 and 285 are basically the same, 285 is just newer.

but why is it better?

it's not inherently better just because it oc's better.