AMD offering a deal on their cards if you return your 970!

TheMidnightNarwhal

Nvidia fucked up. Why are people so butthurt? I wish I was paid to be a company mascot like some of you.

Because some people are getting weird stutter on their cards after 3.5 VRAM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQE6p5r1tYE#t=37

The lying to the consumers marketing tactic is a favorite of Ubisoft too.

If you research any marketing tactic you  will uncover the target demographic, that's just the way it works.

So, as Linus so hilariously put it in his latest video, AMD is marketing to kids who have to ask their parents for a new piece of hardware? 

LUL. 

More or less in this case yes.

If people don't believe me just look at some of Samsungs ads and tell me who they work on the best.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

If you research any marketing tactic you  will uncover the target demographic, that's just the way it works.

More or less in this case yes.

If people don't believe me just look at some of Samsungs ads and tell me who they work on the best.

I agree.

But is it hard to understand some people wont support NVIDIA after this?

I'm well aware of the issue, hence the 'Nvidia fucked up'. What I don't understand is why people are so worked up over AMD taking advantage of the situation? It's a good marketing move.

I dont either lol.

I thought it was funny as hell.

I'm fed up with people being a lil bitch about the 500MB. I get they lied or whatever but it still performs like what it's worth?

Its not the performance that is the problem.

The idea is having a problem with a company with such fierce loyalty attached said F*ck the consumer we'll lie right to thar faces for the sake of marketing

Lots of people are not okay with that. Which makes sense.

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015

Mocking Nvidia for advertising 4GB of RAM when the last 0.5GB was almost an order of magnitude slower to use... okay I guess. Would have been better if they didn't depict an alternative card that was known to lose quite a lot of its advertised MHz to thermal throttling. Satire really needs to be based on facts.

Suggesting that people return a perfectly good video card, when AMD arguably has nothing better at this price point... Not so good. >.> Maybe the 290X, but the heat output is certainly a minus. (Maybe I'm more sensitive to that since it's currently the hottest part of the year where I live.) Also, what retailer would accept the return of a video card that's still working fine?

Haha!!! This is awesome!!! Wonder if this will piss Nvidia off enough for there next generation to absolutely destroy everything.

Hope amds offering is good.

Its not the performance that is the problem.

The idea is having a problem with a company with such fierce loyalty attached said F*ck the consumer we'll lie right to thar faces for the sake of marketing

Lots of people are not okay with that. Which makes sense.

They say they didn't know and there is all these excuses but I don't know what to believe anymore..

So, as Linus so hilariously put it in his latest video, AMD is marketing to kids who have to ask their parents for a new piece of hardware? 

LUL. 

Isn't this kind of PR we are used to from AMD? Freesync "Free", the fixer guy smashing a nvidia GPU, Richard Huddy "Nvidia is crippling our performance!". 

A while ago, on AMD's own channel they were advertising Carrizo but that video was so idiotic they even removed it. Was like this; "Yo guys (teenagers), lets ramble our balls today, we at AMD just made the worlds best efficient & most powerful CPU combined with a GPU = APU - GPU is so powerful very powerful and efficient" Repeated that crap like 5 times in 6 minutes time.

To confirm that video was removed;

http://semiaccurate.com/forums/showthread.php?p=225091

https://www.google.be/search?q=https://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DI6zX2IqBI7A&biw=3440&bih=1339&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=_qzKVJ8jhYE9tdaB4AU&ved=0CAoQ_AUoAw

They don't even mention what deal they're giving you, seems like they have to figure one out, another troll attempt like claiming Variable refresh rate working on a freaking DP1.2 non-a monitor which was even a korean that uses most of the time a by-pass pcb (no scaler);

NX-VUE27D%20Webfront2_678x452.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Specs for that monitor; http://www.anandtech.com/show/7385/nixeus-nxvue27d-27-a-450-wqhd-256x1440-ips-led-dponly-monitor-

According to a german source, it was running at a fixed refresh rate 48 fps; 

"The demo runs at a refresh rate 47-48 frames per second and the monitor provides thanks to the custom frequency a perfect picture that is very similar to Nvidia G-Sync. Currently the demo does not have a varying framerate at wich the monitor could react. While the monitor showed no problems during the presentation, the tech demo of AMD also crashed several times."

http://www.computerbase.de/2014-06/amd-freesync-monitore-guenstiger-als-g-sync

Bet the deal is just a 290x (with horrible DirectX performance) and a stupid game or two. I won't trade 0.5GB for getting a 290x that's getting very often rekt by a 760 when their driver overhead is kicking in. You don't even have more than 3.5GB to play with on any 4GB card anyways.

It's not a bug. And that's up for debate. It's not a big deal technically. Morally it's mostly a big deal.

So Nvidia is in trouble because their marketing team was doing just that? Marketing?

So Nvidia is in trouble because their marketing team was doing just that? Marketing?

All companies lie. Nvidia just got caught this time. 

Good ol´gaben:

Gaben and Valve do so little, whats to lie about? 

SteamOS? That isn't and won't be a thing. 

Customer Service? I get better customer service sitting in the backseat of a police cruiser after being arrested. 

Half Life 3? You mean the gaming industries biggest joke after Duke Nukem Forever? 

All companies lie. Nvidia just got caught this time.

Yeah, i have no idea why people are allowed to have cenimatic trailers in the video game world. Sure they set the mood and hype but other than that they don't really say anything about the game’s graphics or gameplay.

Oh well, just how the cookie crumbles i guess.

Gaben and Valve do so little, whats to lie about? 

SteamOS? That isn't and won't be a thing. 

Customer Service? I get better customer service sitting in the backseat of a police cruiser after being arrested. 

Half Life 3? You mean the gaming industries biggest joke after Duke Nukem Forever? 

Dude i was talking about the quote.

Chill.

Pretty much. People are butthurt over it, and that's their right. I'm not, really.

Getting my 970 back in a few days i hope..

@Faa nice post. This is exactly what I mean that AMD is the last company to take a moral highground here. They are almost the industry laughingstock at this point and never live up to their promises or finish what they start.

Yeah, i have no idea why people are allowed to have cenimatic trailers in the video game world. Sure they set the mood and hype but other than that they don't really say anything about the game’s graphics or gameplay.

Oh well, just how the cookie crumbles i guess.

To be fair, I'd probably pay to see those cinematics on their own if I could. I mean, look at these. Where is my Master Chief movie with these? 

MS pls. 

first off nvidia have so far handled it well. they are at least trying to calm things down and that must be hard given small minded childish freaking morons like you are fanning the flames like a good little fanboy should. seriously over the last couple of days your attitude and conduct on here has been nothing short of a disgrace. you have embarrassed your self adn many of the people in this community. its very clear from your posts that you are a massive AMD fanboy and that you will do anything to prove a point.

on the subject of AMD....this reaction is fucking stupid especially when AMD spend most of their time chasing nvidia. it reeks of desperation and lacks class. i have very little respect for AMD, not because im a fan boy i just have not owned one, but this bullshit makes me loose respect for them. it makes me loose respect for any company that does. the thing is you rarely see the company on top stoop to such crap. they normally let the product speak for its self. i will piss myself if this ram BS is solved with a driver update or is shown to not be a issue

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

first off nvidia have so far handled it well. they are at least trying to calm things down and that must be hard given small minded childish freaking morons like you are fanning the flames like a good little fanboy should. seriously over the last couple of days your attitude and conduct on here has been nothing short of a disgrace. you have embarrassed your self adn many of the people in this community. its very clear from your posts that you are a massive AMD fanboy and that you will do anything to prove a point.

on the subject of AMD....this reaction is fucking stupid especially when AMD spend most of their time chasing nvidia. it reeks of desperation and lacks class. i have very little respect for AMD, not because im a fan boy i just have not owned one, but this bullshit makes me loose respect for them. it makes me loose respect for any company that does. the thing is you rarely see the company on top stoop to such crap. they normally let the product speak for its self. i will piss myself if this ram BS is solved with a driver update or is shown to not be a issue

Yes im a huge AMD fanboy , thats why i recommend nvidia cards all the time for builds.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/297961-mini-itx-console-killer/