AMD offering a deal on their cards if you return your 970!

TheMidnightNarwhal

What is the username of the guy that commented, can't find it.

searching for evga would've done the trick. his name's kawifcknsaki

who cares...

?????

Where did i say AMD didnt lie?

Their eight cores are glorified HT quadcores with IPC from the stone age.

I think you didnt understand what i meant.

nononoon don't call cmt ht, it isn't.

nononoon don't call cmt ht, it isn't.

What i meant is that they are crap.

Its a little more complex than HT but the result doesnt produce a tru eight core.

They share a 256 bit FPU and are divided by modules AFAIK.

-snip-

I do however think that the message has been sent. The only thing that I and a some others are taking issue with is the cognitive dissonance on the forum about the whole issue.

With companies and resellers opening doors for returns and even having small sales on other cards when returning I think the message has been sent pretty clearly. I would like to see the message sent to the point where nvidia themselves actually acts instead of just saying "lel sorry" but we'll see how that goes.

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015

With companies and resellers opening doors for returns and even having small sales on other cards when returning I think the message has been sent pretty clearly. I would like to see the message sent to the point where nvidia themselves actually acts instead of just saying "lel sorry" but we'll see how that goes.

I would like a post on the nvidia front page apologizing instead of some comment in the forums if possible

If people dont hurt them after this they will do it again and MUCH worse.

And then not even the fanboys will defend them IMHO.

They did say they're working on a driver for the card to help the issue, so yeah we'll see.

Please everyone that thinks AMD drivers are crap.

Have you tried Omega drivers.

Its a thing of beauty.

doesn't fix their non-gpu drivers I think

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

doesn't fix their non-gpu drivers I think

Its much better than their old drivers.

But yeah the layout is the same , the installer still sucks and the GUI is the same.

But its not horrible lol.

I have been using AMD cards for 5 years with minimal issues.

I've had no issues with AMD drivers since 2009....

This is a really cool thread, i just really wish there was a way to force the entire user base to complete it...just for more numbers.

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015

So.... I could return my GTX 970 (if I could find the receipt) For a card that performs the same if not worse? Yeah....No.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I've had no issues with AMD drivers since 2009....

This is a really cool thread, i just really wish there was a way to force the entire user base to complete it...just for more numbers.

Same since i bought my 5850 no issues.

So.... I could return my GTX 970 (if I could find the receipt) For a card that performs the same if not worse? Yeah....No.

Depends if i told you your card was made trought child labor and that baby seals were sacrificied to satan in order to make it?

Would you still use it?

Its a moral issue for most people i guess.

Prepare for sadness.

Some people here would let Nvidia take their house and their parents and would say thank you to Nvidia to boot.

With your low watt cards and stuck up attitudes....

AMD didn't lie? 8350 was advertised as an octocore, it's a quad core. AMD should offer who ever bought a 8350 their 16 core Opterons (which are trutly octocores) for free. I don't see anyone supporting Nvidia's lie here, but I see ALL of you supporting the living shit out of AMD lies. Get real instead of hiding behind a freaking lie.

shh.. or he will say you are harassing them 

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/298855-official-nvidia-flat-out-lied-about-gtx-970-specs-has-56-rops-and-less-cache-than-adevrtised/page-47#entry4079637

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Depends if i told you your card was made trought child labor and that baby seals were sacrificied to satan in order to make it?

Would you still use it?

I'd like to think you're being facetious, but based on the posts you usually make... I'm not certain.

Would you still use it?

I honestly don't care about all of this, fair enough Nvidia didn't mention the true specifications, but I've always known that it wasn't capable of being what was stated. And I'm getting tired of people treating the GTX 970 as if it only has 3.5GB of vRAM total, when it was the ROPS and L2 cache that was missleading. AMD isn't helping with that either, they themselves are misleading people now.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

?????

Where did i say AMD didnt lie?

Their eight cores are glorified HT quadcores with IPC from the stone age.

I think you didnt understand what i meant.

Would you still use it?

Its basically purely a morel issue at this point. From a hardware and performance standpoint there is no difference the card is still a very very solid card for that pricepoint.

You return it if you want to speak with your wallet and let them know that this shit aint gonna fly

Or you keep it because you're ok with supporting a product that was marketed on lies because you either dont care or you like the performance more than any moral standing

Would you still use it?

I'd definitely still use it. Otherwise the hard work of the children and the deaths of the baby seals would be meaningless.

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

I honestly don't care about all of this, fair enough Nvidia didn't mention the true specifications, but I've always known that it wasn't capable of being what was stated. And I'm getting tired of people treating the GTX 970 as if it only has 3.5GB of vRAM total, when it was the ROPS and L2 cache that was missleading. AMD isn't helping with that either, they themselves are misleading people now.

They've done nothing to mislead anyone. They've basically just said the R9 290x has 4 gigs of VRAM, which is indeed, a fact.

Does it imply that another card may not? pretty much.

Does its say any other card doesnt? no.

Its marketing.