XBOX One to stream to Windows 10 PCs

Today during Microsoft's Windows 10 conference, Phil Spencer announced that the operating system will allow users to play their Xbox One library by streaming it to PCs and tablets.

Spencer said that Windows 10 will find all the games installed on Xbox One to make them available. In a demo, he streamed Forza Horizon 2 to a Surface Pro 3.

The presentation also mentioned that users could bring up the Xbox One user interface itself and turn off the console.

The sharing will go both ways to an extent. Windows 10 will be coming to Xbox in some capacity as well, but Spencer simply said more details are coming sometime later. He did say developers who want to make apps for living room TVs will be able to.

Pretty neat if you ask me.

Source

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

I wonder if you'll have to use a one controller or if it supports any controller on the pc.

STOP using prime95 with Haswell CPUs!

Main Rig:

CPU:i5 4690k @ 4.6GHz, Motherboard:ASUS Z97-A, GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW, PSU: EVGA Supernova 1000 G1, CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Nepton 240M w/ Noctua NF F12s, Case: NZXT S340, Memory: 16GB (4X4GB) G Skill Ripjaws X 2133MHz, Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 256GB boot drive & Seagate Barracuda 7200 rpm 2TB

Secondary/Folding Rig:

CPU:FX 8320 @ 4.6GHz @ 1.344 v., Motherboard: ASUS M5A99FX, GPU: MSI R9 290 Gaming, PSU: Corsair HX 750, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Case: NZXT Source 530, Memory: 8GB (2X4GB) G Skill Ares 1600MHz, Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 128GB

You are joking.

You're not. Well then, sweet. Will definitely be using my Xbox One more then.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Why would I want to stream a game from a worse piece of hardware to a better piece of hardware? That's just stupid.

Now if I can just say......buy the same titles FOR MY PC. then fine.

Still, never going to buy an xbox or any console ever again.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

But you still need an xbox one , right?

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

I can't seem to find info about this in those topics...

In the first topic, its in the "Gaming" spoiler.

In the second topic its in the second line.

Why would I want to stream a game from a worse piece of hardware to a better piece of hardware? That's just stupid.

Now if I can just say......buy the same titles FOR MY PC. then fine.

Still, never going to buy an xbox or any console ever again.

You wouldn't. I'm assuming this is for people whose PC isn't the better piece of hardware.

You wouldn't. I'm assuming this is for people whose PC isn't the better piece of hardware.

My only issue here is latency. I will be trying this when the updates for Xbox One and Windows are out that allow this, but I don't expect good wireless performance. And let's be honest here, most users of this tech will have wirelessly connected PCs and consoles. I heard it was demonstrated live though. If both the tablet I so choose and my Xbox One support dual band N/AC, I should be fine though. Will have to get a new router though.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Which, shocker to many on this forum, is actually A LOT of people on the world. Even those who play games, their rigs are pretty bad in horsepower terms. They couldn't run a game like BF4 at Xbox One quality settings. Hard to accept for the PCMR types here, but a large portion of the PC gamer audience isn't exactly rocking 8 Titans to power through Crysis on Ultra...

As to latency, if you're doing it in the home network it could be pretty fast, especially over a wired connection. MS demoed this kind of streaming internally and word back then was that it was pretty freaking smooth. 

They seem to want to implement a lot of features that steam has.

Good for people who do not have gaming grade PCs (i.e. most people).

Which, shocker to many on this forum, is actually A LOT of people on the world. Even those who play games, their rigs are pretty bad in horsepower terms. They couldn't run a game like BF4 at Xbox One qumality settings. Hard to accept for the PCMR types here, but a large portion of the PC gamer audience isn't exactly rocking 8 Titans to power through Crysis on Ultra...

As to latency, if you're doing it in the home network it could be pretty fast, especially over a wired connection. MS demoed this kind of streaming internally and word back then was that it was pretty freaking smooth. 

I agree my rig is shit my PS4 shits on it.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

I agree my rig is shit my PS4 shits on it.

Half the rigs in my house right now couldn't run any modern game above 800x600. Hell, even my laptops would struggle at 1080p resolutions for a lot of games. My desktop is the only thing in my house that has the power to blow through gaming like that. 

Yet this forum would have you believe that everyone has 1080p/60fps capable rigs...

But you still need an xbox one , right?

Yes you need a xbone.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Yeah because I'm going to stream a game at 900p 30fps to my Pc running a 970, 

Good idea Microsoft. 

CPU: i7 5820k @4.4GHz | MoboMSI MPower X99A | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Quad Channel Corsair LP | GPU: EVGA 1080 FTW Case: Define R5 Black Window | OS: Win 10 Pro

Storage: SanDisk Ultra II 960GB 2x WD Red 4TB | PSU: EVGA 750W G2 | Display:Acer XF270HU + Dell U2515H | Cooling: Phanteks PH-TC14PE

Keyboard: Ducky One  TKL Browns | Mouse: Steel Series Rival 300 | Sound: DT990s

Good idea Microsoft. 

VVVV

Half the rigs in my house right now couldn't run any modern game above 800x600. Hell, even my laptops would struggle at 1080p resolutions for a lot of games. My desktop is the only thing in my house that has the power to blow through gaming like that. 

Yet this forum would have you believe that everyone has 1080p/60fps capable rigs...

Exactly, I know a few people with PCs that can't handle even somewhat new games at 60FPS, but they have an XB1 and love the sound of this feature.

Sure, I wish everyone had a PC that could handle 1080p/60FPS because its amazing, but sadly that isn't how the world goes. 

Good idea Microsoft. 

Not everyone has a GTX970 and not everyone has an amazing rig, it's a great idea MS you are awesome for doing it.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Shouldn't it be the other way around?

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

Good idea Microsoft. 

Did it occur to you that maybe this feature isn't targeted at you?

It would be nice if it went both ways honestly, maybe if this goes well and enough people ask we could see them allowing the reverse.

They seem to want to implement a lot of features that steam has.

Good for people who do not have gaming grade PCs (i.e. most people).

So instead of just getting a relatively cheap graphics card, and slapping that into the PC, they want you to get a roughly $400+ console. I'm assuming not all people have a xbone, which is about as true as "not everyone has a 1080p 60fps capable rig"

Logic. Not round these parts.

Too many people who don't know better would go "WAIT A MINUTE, WHY DOES THIS LOOK SO MUCH BETTER THIS WAY AROUND?!"

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

The streaming feature may not work for me, as my PC is centimeters from my Xbone, but for someone who has their Xbone in the livingroom area (which may be in use by other family members) and want to join in on some Master Chief action with buddies, being able to stream the game to the bedroom HTPC is a nominal idea. Id prefer to see the xbone library make its way to the PC side though with cross platform support but this isnt so bad.

Why would anyone want to play a console game on a PC. That makes no sense. If you could play the console game natively on the PC that would make sense. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard