XBOX One to stream to Windows 10 PCs

Even if it were the other way around, it would still be CHEAPER to buy/build a 200$ PC with an older generation intel processor that supports the encoding required for steam inhome streaming.  Still not buying a shitbox1, try again.

Yeah... I don't think this feature is for people with decent computers. I don't even think it is for people with bad computers. Opinion: PC streaming to other devices like an Nvidia shield or a small steambox somewhere is usually to get into a more comfortable environment such as a living room or a bedroom. I would assume most people already have their consoles in one of those 2 places. I see this as something that paves the way to Intel PC HDMI sticks with Windows 10. They wouldn't give you an android based app because Microsoft wants you to buy into their ecosystem. I can see the ad in about 6 months - 1 year. Get our Windows 10 PC HDMI stick to make any TV in your house a computer, then stream your Xbox to it! Much in the same way Sony did with streaming to the PS TV and PSP.

Even if it were the other way around, it would still be CHEAPER to buy/build a 200$ PC with an older generation intel processor that supports the encoding required for steam inhome streaming.  Still not buying a shitbox1, try again.

So instead of just getting a relatively cheap graphics card, and slapping that into the PC, they want you to get a roughly $400+ console. I'm assuming not all people have a xbone, which is about as true as "not everyone has a 1080p 60fps capable rig"

Logic. Not round these parts.

Too many people who don't know better would go "WAIT A MINUTE, WHY DOES THIS LOOK SO MUCH BETTER THIS WAY AROUND?!"

Some people don't have the knowledge to build a PC or feel it will be to difficult, or the time. They could have gotten it as a gift, they may have gotten it for splitscreen co-op(which PC doesn't do all that well for most games). Also, nobody says you can't have a console AND a good PC.

Why would anyone want to play a console game on a PC. That makes no sense. If you could play the console game natively on the PC that would make sense. 

That's on the developer/publishers end for the most part, there are exceptions (Like if the studio is owned by Microsoft) but you can't blame Microsoft for every game that isn't PC compatible, what are they supposed to do hold the devs at gunpoint? 

What bout streaming to another device if the TV is used by someone else ? I do it all the time with my PC and laptop. That's a great feature. You're just bashing cause it's Microsoft and/or console. Get over it damn mustard race... 

What bout streaming to another device if the TV is used by someone else ? I do it all the time with my PC and laptop. That's a great feature. You're just bashing cause it's Microsoft and/or console. Get over it damn mustard race... 

That would actually be cool for familys with multiple consoles hooked up to the same TV.

Some people don't have the knowledge to build a PC or feel it will be to difficult, or the time. They could have gotten it as a gift, they may have gotten it for splitscreen co-op(which PC doesn't do all that well for most games). Also, nobody says you can't have a console AND a good PC.

That's on the developer/publishers end for the most part, there are exceptions (Like if the studio is owned by Microsoft) but you can't blame Microsoft for every game that isn't PC compatible, what are they supposed to do hold the devs at gunpoint? 

I think any dev would like to have their game on every platform. I don't think Microsoft would. Publishers are the same.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

I think any dev would like to have their game on every platform. I don't think Microsoft would. Publishers are the same.

That's the problem here, Dev's need to start putting their foot down and say "if you won't let us put the game on all platforms, then guess what, you don't get our game on your platform."

See how popular consoles are when they have little to no games. Albeit, this would never happen because of sneaky backroom deals between publishers and console manufacturers

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Smaller studios might not want, or be able to handle the extra work. Sometimes Microsoft pays for exclusives, but at the same time the devs/publishers could just say no and make it multi-platform. I know a few people in game development that work on Fractured Space, it isn't easy for them at their size to do one platform without issues, and is one of the reasons they aren't on XB1/PS4 with that game.

That's the problem here, Dev's need to start putting their foot down and say "if you won't let us put the game on all platforms, then guess what, you don't get our game on your platform."

See how popular consoles are when they have little to no games. Albeit, this would never happen because of sneaky backroom deals between publishers and console manufacturers

The problem is often when this situation arises, the dev's need the money, or Microsoft (Or Sony, since they are just as guilty of exclusive deals) owns the IP.

Lets say the dev's next big XBox Exclusive tell Microsoft "Let us put this on every platform, or we won't put it on Microsoft!"

Microsoft then says "Oh... Okay. Sure... But give us that $10 Million back that we gave you then", and then the Dev Studio company goes under because they're bankrupt.

A Dev Studio only gets into exclusive deals for two reasons:

1. The IP for the game is owned by the respective platform (Eg: Microsoft or Sony) or

2. They can't afford to self publish/can't get a good publishing deal, and they need Microsoft or Sony's money.

Obviously there may be the occasional exception to this rule, but I think it's safe to say this is the case. Anyone who can afford to self-publish is gonna launch on as many platforms as they can.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

The problem is often when this situation arises, the dev's need the money, or Microsoft (Or Sony, since they are just as guilty of exclusive deals) owns the IP.

Lets say the dev's next big XBox Exclusive tell Microsoft "Let us put this on every platform, or we won't put it on Microsoft!"

Microsoft then says "Oh... Okay. Sure... But give us that $10 Million back that we gave you then", and then the Dev Studio company goes under because they're bankrupt.

A Dev Studio only gets into exclusive deals for two reasons:

1. The IP for the game is owned by the respective platform (Eg: Microsoft or Sony) or

2. They can't afford to self publish/can't get a good publishing deal, and they need Microsoft or Sony's money.

Obviously there may be the occasional exception to this rule, but I think it's safe to say this is the case. Anyone who can afford to self-publish is gonna launch on as many platforms as they can.

I know, I pointed that out to some effect when I said "do to sneaky backroom deals between console manufacturers and publishing companies"

It's a sad state of affairs for the gaming industry when you have to force a dev to put something out only for your platform in order to make money.

I know, I pointed that out to some effect when I said "do to sneaky backroom deals between console manufacturers and publishing companies"

It's a sad state of affairs for the gaming industry when you have to force a dev to put something out only for your platform in order to make money.

Well often the deals are not backroom or secret/sneaky at all. It's simply a fact of business.

The best thing you can do about it is buy games from Dev's and Publishers that don't do this practice (Or come up with Billion's of USD to make your own platform/service).

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Well often the deals are not backroom or secret/sneaky at all. It's simply a fact of business.

The best thing you can do about it is buy games from Dev's and Publishers that don't do this practice (Or come up with Billion's of USD to make your own platform/service).

Already doing the first, hoping for the second lol

You are joking.

You're not. Well then, sweet. Will definitely be using my Xbox One more then.

If I owned one I still couldn't do it because you know...

Wait... It's doing half decent today. Holy shit.

4078409031.png

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

really who cares? people buy consoles to play on tv's, not on pc's.. and if you really wanted to game on a pc monitor, most have hdmi inputs...

IMHO its really a useless thing they're trying to make a big deal about

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

4078409031.png

It's streaming within the home though, your internet speed shouldn't(?) matter, only network. I think, I haven't looked into this stuff all that much.

really who cares? people buy consoles to play on tv's, not on pc's.. and if you really wanted to game on a pc monitor, most have hdmi inputs...

But in family environments that TV isn't always available, so being able to just stream it to a PC  and still be usable makes it a lot easier.

It's streaming within the home though, your internet speed shouldn't(?) matter, only network. I think, I haven't looked into this stuff all that much.

Pretty sure it is network only as well, but my router tends to flip shit every now and again... Since I'm waiting on a HDD for my little second rig to beat the shit out of, I will probably dual-boot with Windows 7 and SteamOS on it just to see.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

This is.. odd. It'd be p cool if you could stream like ps now.. but this O.o? u could just plug in your xbox to your monitor and have no poo latency? I guess this is nice for those special case exceptions types of people but otherwise it's a pretty odd feature to add when theirs more important features that need to be added..

My Xbox One sits on my projector, 2 floors away. For party play, especially on stuff like FIFA, its a blast. Personal use? I have trouble doing some games on that large a screen, so I often move my unit back and forth (same with my PC, back and forth) because I prefer the 24" monitor more. 

Now I can leave that One down there, the projector is free to use for really anyone who wants to, and I can game on my own and cut out the need to haul equipment all the time just because I have issues playing on large screens, yet still like having the large screen for those party styled games that get played a lot at my house. 

Solves a problem for me, and its neat that after a few hours of work I can take a 30 minute break by playing some Halo and then get back to my work, in a more seamless way. 

Just cause you don't have a need, doesn't negate the need for others. 

4078409031.png

yeah as @DeathRtH mentions, this is In-Home Streaming. Your Internet connection will literally have zero impact. Whatever multiplayer experience you had before will be the same now.

Correct. Internet Speed does not matter at all. Only internal network. If he has network issues, then those are separate from his Internet Speed.

Pretty sure it is network only as well, but my router tends to flip shit every now and again... Since I'm waiting on a HDD for my little second rig to beat the shit out of, I will probably dual-boot with Windows 7 and SteamOS on it just to see.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say about this. But basically, if your router is "flipping it's shit" every now and then, then you need a new Router. This is a separate issue from having a slow Internet Connection.

If you own an Xbox One I guess it can be useful but personally it's not much of an incentive for me to buy one.

yeah as @DeathRtH mentions, this is In-Home Streaming. Your Internet connection will literally have zero impact. Whatever multiplayer experience you had before will be the same now.

Correct. Internet Speed does not matter at all. Only internal network. If he has network issues, then those are separate from his Internet Speed.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say about this. But basically, if your router is "flipping it's shit" every now and then, then you need a new Router. This is a separate issue from having a slow Internet Connection.

And lets be honest, if you intend on having in home streaming from anyone you should have a newer router anyways. 

My home is CAT6 wired,  really don't need to change much to accommodate a streaming setup. Maybe a newer switch in the basement since we have so many computers now and I want them all to be wired instead of wireless, but unless your router is a piece of trash and your home wiring is from the 1700s, you should be able to stream the games just fine. 

Well by that about once every two months it just needs to be restarted, yet pinging local IPs gives a low ping of 1-2... Plus, I don't have any money.

Spoiler

Spoiler

I see 1 upside to this. Halo is now also on "PC"*

*you need to own an xbone

What I'd like to know is will this allow Keyboard + Mouse support (Properly I mean, not just emulating a joystick)?

If not, you'll have to play Halo using an XBox Controller. Not the end of the world mind you, but hey, I can dream.