XBOX One to stream to Windows 10 PCs

Old news.

Edit: Dat date tho and bump.

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

sure, it's horrible to use a tv for a pc, but it's great on a console. logic.

Yes it's great for a console, lets say you use a PC, where would you put that box ?? Next to the table or inside it that if it can fit, it will ruin the aesthetic of the place, I will have to buy wireless mouse and keyboard, and something for couch gaming like the Razer thing that they showed in CES 2015.

With consoles, put them inside the table or on top of it it will look great and match the athletics, you will be using wireless controller and just relaxing on the coach or on the floor.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

yay Forza

Main Rig: Cpu: AMD Ryzen 9 5950x @ 4.60Ghz 1.2V | Motherboard: ASUS CROSSHAIR VIII FORMULA | RAM: 32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 2133Mhz | GPU: Powercolor RADEON RX6900XT Liquid Devil  | Case: XFORMA MBX MKII | Storage: Samsung 840 256GB/Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | PSU: Corsair Hx850i | Cooling: Custom loop with gentle typhoons | 

Why is this thread turning into a PC v Console circle jerk? People like playing on PCs. People like playing on consoles. End of story, no? Or do we need to rehash this stupid debate every 2-3 days and shove it down everyones throats?

Hi.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Yes it's great for a console, lets say you use a PC, where would you put that box ?? Next to the table or inside it that if it can fit, it will ruin the aesthetic of the place, I will have to buy wireless mouse and keyboard, and something for couch gaming like the Razer thing that they showed in CES 2015.

With consoles, put them inside the table or on top of it it will look great and match the athletics, you will be using wireless controller and just relaxing on the coach or on the floor.

I hope you're kidding me. The xbox is almost as large as a micro atx case. "ruin the aesthetic"? As if the xbone looked good... and any wooden axis (dirt cheap) can support a mouse and keyboard (dirt cheap).

And the gaming experience with a tv is identical both with an xbox and with a pc...

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I hope you're kidding me. The xbox is almost as large as a micro atx case. "ruin the aesthetic"? As if the xbone looked good... and any wooden axis (dirt cheap) can support a mouse and keyboard (dirt cheap).

And the gaming experience with a tv is identical both with an xbox and with a pc...

Wooden axis ?? What do you mean ?? Micro ATX cases as big as Xbone, show me those cases and include them in your build and we will see the price rising, yes the PC will ruin the aesthetic, the consoles just blend in and don't stand out like a PC would,ask @shadowcaptian and @Victorious Secret's about the aesthetics, both of them have a nice set up and I'm sure a PC will ruin it while a console won't, also the PS4 is a console too and it looks gorgeous.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Wooden axis ?? What do you mean ?? Micro ATX cases as big as Xbone, show me those cases and include them in your build and we will see the price rising, yes the PC will ruin the aesthetic, the consoles just blend in and don't stand out like a PC would,ask @shadowcaptian and @Victorious Secret's about the aesthetics, both of them have a nice set up and I'm sure a PC will ruin it while a console won't, also the PS4 is a console too and it looks gorgeous.

If I wanted a micro PC case to fit in my with HT setup as it is now, I would have to spend a fair chunk of my 350 dollar budget on a slim, black case. 

To me, aesthetics matter. Its sitting on my equipment shelf, it has to be black and blend in and have a minimal of lights and other nonsense. I have to pay to get cases that fit that. Some people don't care, which is fine. If I wanted to, I could just throw my Air 540 next to my stand and call it a day. OR I could do it right, have a micro ATX case on the shelf itself net to my receiver or Xbox or Blu Ray player; I'd have to pay. 

I do understand that some people don't care, but I do. I pay more for things that look nice. Lots of people actually do. My Xbox One might not win design awards, but it blends into my existing equipment and doesn't draw attention to itself, which is what it should do as a piece of HT gear. ITs not a piece of art. Its not a 50,000 dollar McIntosh receiver. Its not sitting there to be admired. 

If I wanted a micro PC case to fit in my with HT setup as it is now, I would have to spend a fair chunk of my 350 dollar budget on a slim, black case.

To me, aesthetics matter. Its sitting on my equipment shelf, it has to be black and blend in and have a minimal of lights and other nonsense. I have to pay to get cases that fit that. Some people don't care, which is fine. If I wanted to, I could just throw my Air 540 next to my stand and call it a day. OR I could do it right, have a micro ATX case on the shelf itself net to my receiver or Xbox or Blu Ray player; I'd have to pay.

I do understand that some people don't care, but I do. I pay more for things that look nice. Lots of people actually do. My Xbox One might not win design awards, but it blends into my existing equipment and doesn't draw attention to itself, which is what it should do as a piece of HT gear. ITs not a piece of art. Its not a 50,000 dollar McIntosh receiver. Its not sitting there to be admired.

I second this just replace xbone 1 with PS4.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

I FUCKING KNEW IT! THATS WHY THERES A HALO: MCC CHANNEL APP FOR WINDOWS

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

@Sauron 

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/microsoft-services-agreement

Section 7.3 

7.3. Are there things I can't do with the software or Services? Yes. In addition to the other restrictions in this Agreement, you may not circumvent or bypass any technological protection measures in or relating to the software or Services or disassemble, decompile, or reverse engineer any software or other aspect of the Services that's included in or accessible through the Services, except and only to the extent that the applicable copyright law expressly permits doing so; separate components of the software or Services for use on different devices; publish, copy, rent, lease, or lend the software or the Services; or transfer the software, any software licenses, or any rights to access or use the Services. You may not use the Services in any unauthorized way that could interfere with anyone else’s use of them or gain access to any service, data, account, or network. You may not enable access to the Services by unauthorized third-party applications.

It's against the agreement to clone the OS, you would have to buy one and that only rises the price of your PC, your point is invalid m8.

@Sauron 

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

@Sauron 

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/microsoft-services-agreement

Section 7.3 

It's against the agreement to clone the OS, you would have to buy one and that only rises the price of your PC, your point is invalid m8.

@Sauron 

You're misinterpreting the agreement. With "copy" they mean copy the installation media. Windows licenses usually cover 3 separate computers.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

You're misinterpreting the agreement. With "copy" they mean copy the installation media. Windows licenses usually cover 3 separate computers.

Show me.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

I think the other way around would be a really big seller.

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

Actually, that's generally not the case. Windows licenses generally cover ONE computer, not three.

When Windows 7 was popular, you could buy a "family pack" that came with three licenses, but that was a special bundle, not the normal retail package. The normal retail package includes a license for one PC. OEM Pre-built licenses (Such as the one on @cesrai's laptop), are non-transferable. They are only good for the computer that they came on.

OEM System Builder licenses, like the ones we generally buy for a custom build PC, are also non-transferable, but there's generally more leeway, so if your motherboard dies and you put a different model in, Microsoft allows you to "reactivate" without putting up a fuss. But under no circumstances are you allowed to run this license on more than one machine at the same time.

Sure, it might install, and it might even activate, but that doesn't make it legal or the right thing to do.

Include an OS in any "Console killer" build, or else it's invalid. SteamOS/Linux is not a valid alternative until all major game releases come out on Linux at the same time as Windows.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

-snip-

I did own a laptop - given to brother- but now I own a desktop now, thanks for the help m8.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Include an OS in any "Console killer" build, or else it's invalid. SteamOS/Linux is not a valid alternative until all major game releases come out on Linux at the same time as Windows.

Yea, but then that breaks up the circle jerk about having 350 dollars PCs. The sad reality is, at 350 dollars, both the XBO and PS4 are hilariously good gaming value. They just are. You pay that much and still get decent gaming backlogs and graphics. Especially now that its been a while since both have released. You've got plenty of cheap stuff to play. So out goes the "DAE STEAM?!?!" argument too. 

Mainly, I think its just sadness that people can't accept that some people like playing on consoles. I have a few rigs that can manhandle anything. I still play a lot of FIFA/Forza on my Xbox because those games are fun, they're fun on the platform, and thats how my friends play. Tough shit, I don't get why people are so "worked up" about this. 

Yea, but then that breaks up the circle jerk about having 350 dollars PCs. The sad reality is, at 350 dollars, both the XBO and PS4 are hilariously good gaming value. They just are. You pay that much and still get decent gaming backlogs and graphics. Especially now that its been a while since both have released. You've got plenty of cheap stuff to play. So out goes the "DAE STEAM?!?!" argument too.

Mainly, I think its just sadness that people can't accept that some people like playing on consoles. I have a few rigs that can manhandle anything. I still play a lot of FIFA/Forza on my Xbox because those games are fun, they're fun on the platform, and thats how my friends play. Tough shit, I don't get why people are so "worked up" about this.

I totally second this but no one is going to believe you because there illusions will be shattered, like @"trik'stari" and some others.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ