XBOX One to stream to Windows 10 PCs

But in family environments that TV isn't always available, so being able to just stream it to a PC  and still be usable makes it a lot easier.

My Xbox One sits on my projector, 2 floors away. For party play, especially on stuff like FIFA, its a blast. Personal use? I have trouble doing some games on that large a screen, so I often move my unit back and forth (same with my PC, back and forth) because I prefer the 24" monitor more. 

Now I can leave that One down there, the projector is free to use for really anyone who wants to, and I can game on my own and cut out the need to haul equipment all the time just because I have issues playing on large screens, yet still like having the large screen for those party styled games that get played a lot at my house. 

Solves a problem for me, and its neat that after a few hours of work I can take a 30 minute break by playing some Halo and then get back to my work, in a more seamless way. 

Just cause you don't have a need, doesn't negate the need for others. 

I can get behind this functionality, but let me explain what I meant

that xbox boss guy was saying something along the lines of windows 10 is gonna do great things for pc gaming.  but this does absolutely nothing for pc gaming.  as far as I can tell, windows 10 does absolutely nothing for pc gaming.  I mean there's dx12... but thats dx12, not win 10

but then again, I was prepared to be underwhelmed cause microsoft promised to do great things for pc gaming many times before... and I never realistically expected them to make xbox games playable on pc (actually run on pc, not stream)

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

We all saw this coming...or at least I did.

Sig under construction.

I can get behind this functionality, but let me explain what I meant

that xbox boss guy was saying something along the lines of windows 10 is gonna do great things for pc gaming.  but this does absolutely nothing for pc gaming.  as far as I can tell, windows 10 does absolutely nothing for pc gaming.  I mean there's dx12... but thats dx12, not win 10

but then again, I was prepared to be underwhelmed cause microsoft promised to do great things for pc gaming many times before... and I never realistically expected them to make xbox games playable on pc (actually run on pc, not stream)

I see your point, and I agree a lot of it doesn't directly effect people who are only PC gamers, BUT DX12 will be W10+ only from what I understand, 7 and 8.1 dont get it. Fable Legends was announced for PC with Cross platform play, which I think is a move in the right direction, and hopefully this carries over to other Xbox exclusives, and it vary well may, and they just want to save that for another event to blow everyone else out of the water. So all and all its not mindblowing, but its a step in the right direction in my opinion.

I would like it to be the other way.

Hell, even if they offered a wireless dongle for the controller I'd be happy.

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 MB: MSI Z77A-GD55  CPU: i5 3330 OCd to 3.4Ghz CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i RAM: Kingston HyperX Blu 2x8GB @ 1600MHz GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming PSU: Seasonic M12II 650W HDD: Two Seagate Barracuda 2TB @ 7200 RPM SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

a large portion of the PC gamer audience isn't exactly rocking 8 Titans to power through Crysis on Ultra...

No one is.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Why would I want to stream a game from a worse piece of hardware to a better piece of hardware? That's just stupid.

Now if I can just say......buy the same titles FOR MY PC. then fine.

Still, never going to buy an xbox or any console ever again.

your missing the point....

your missing the point....

Which is what exactly?

"oh hey guys, want to play xbox games on your PC? buy an xbox!"

Instead of just making ports for pc......like common sense would freaking dictate.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Which is what exactly?

Instead of just making ports for pc......like common sense would freaking dictate.

You mean all of the like 4 games not available on pc already?

-------

Current Rig

-------

Which is what exactly?

the idea is that you have an ultrabook os some kind with low specs, ie a surfae or a zenbook etc that isn't capable of gaming . now you have an xbox one in your house somewhere and you can play xbox games comfortable wherever you want around your house, its more of a convenience thing. although you could make the arguement of "if you want to play xbox games at xbox level graphics why dont you just play it on your xbox" and yes thats a fair point, but like i said its more of a convenience thing and some people just prefer playing on a pc of some sort instead of on a tv.

If I wanted the console experience I would just buy a console.

If I wanted the console experience on my PC I would just play an emulator.

Iv always wondered how out of touch MS was from reality. this indicates to me its about 90% detached from reality.

They heard people talking about streaming tech and decided this is what they meant. I don’t know if I should just laugh at how stupid this is or get mad because they are actually serious.

This service isn't aimed at you. This is aimed at two groups of people:

1. People who already own an XBox but don't own a good/gaming PC. and

2. People who want to be able to game anywhere in their house, with comfort and convenience overriding all other concerns.

Furthermore, Microsoft is actively trying to get PC TO XBox Streaming working. If they manage that, then the XBox get's a helluva lot better.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

This service isn't aimed at you. This is aimed at two groups of people:

1. People who already own an XBox but don't own a good/gaming PC. and

2. People who want to be able to game anywhere in their house, with comfort and convenience overriding all other concerns.

Furthermore, Microsoft is actively trying to get PC TO XBox Streaming working. If they manage that, then the XBox get's a helluva lot better.

You there, with the logic. Quiet down, it isn't welcome around these parts! 

/s

But not really. 

Its a shame, for such a "enthusiast website" people have a hard time understanding that not all tech will be geared for them in any real capacity. We aren't the centre of MSs world, as hard as it is for some on this site to believe. 

You there, with the logic. Quiet down, it isn't welcome around these parts! 

/s

But not really. 

Its a shame, for such a "enthusiast website" people have a hard time understanding that not all tech will be geared for them in any real capacity. We aren't the centre of MSs world, as hard as it is for some on this site to believe. 

b-b-b-but PC Gaming Master Race!!

Oh wait...

Yep, for one thing, gaming as a whole is going casual for the most part, so that's where the focus will be. One day we might see all XBox Exclusives available on the Microsoft App Store in Windows... Buuuut I wouldn't hold my breath for it happening anytime soon. If they did it as an Microsoft App Store exclusive, I'd still be okay with that. They get to make all the monies, and we get Halo MCC.

In the mean time, I'm trying really hard not to buy an XBOX One right now, since XBOX -> PC streaming, plus the potential for PC -> XBOX streaming, while getting my Halo Fix? Really tempting.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

You mean all of the like 4 games not available on pc already?

no reason for them not to be on PC other than to create an artificial purpose for the existence of the xbone

b-b-b-but PC Gaming Master Race!!

Oh wait...

Yep, for one thing, gaming as a whole is going casual for the most part, so that's where the focus will be. One day we might see all XBox Exclusives available on the Microsoft App Store in Windows... Buuuut I wouldn't hold my breath for it happening anytime soon. If they did it as an Microsoft App Store exclusive, I'd still be okay with that. They get to make all the monies, and we get Halo MCC.

In the mean time, I'm trying really hard not to buy an XBOX One right now, since XBOX -> PC streaming, plus the potential for PC -> XBOX streaming, while getting my Halo Fix? Really tempting.

considering that last year PC game sales exceeded console game sales, I disagree

considering that last year PC game sales exceeded console game sales, I disagree

True, and that is something the industry needs to get on board with, but casual gaming in general, whether on the PC, a console, or mobile, is becoming the biggest centre of gaming. It's bringing traditionally non-gamer demographics into contact with video games (such as middle aged house-wives, bored business professionals waiting for a plane, etc).

True, and that is something the industry needs to get on board with, but casual gaming in general, whether on the PC, a console, or mobile, is becoming the biggest centre of gaming. It's bringing traditionally non-gamer demographics into contact with video games (such as middle aged house-wives, bored business professionals waiting for a plane, etc).

as long as it isn't more 8 year old CoD players lol.

that was my problem with battlefield 3 onwards trying to be more like cod, "who the fuck actually wants cod players coming into their gaming community? Thats like wanting cancer"

All we want from MS is W7 with DX12, make it easy to use custom themes and make it run better. That is all. It's easy so do it and make money. But I guess that would be just an update to W7.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

All we want from MS is W7 with DX12, make it easy to use custom themes and make it run better. That is all. It's easy so do it and make money. But I guess that would be just an update to W7.

DX12 for Windows 7 is not going to happen. May as well just accept that.

However, Windows 10 is a FREE UPGRADE to Windows 10 users, as long as you upgrade within the first year of release. So yeah. Literally no reason not to upgrade if you want DX12. Driver support should be more or less backwards compatible. I've been using Windows 7 and Windows 8 drivers, as needed, on the Windows 10 TP with no issues.

DX12 for Windows 7 is not going to happen. May as well just accept that.

However, Windows 10 is a FREE UPGRADE to Windows 10 users, as long as you upgrade within the first year of release. So yeah. Literally no reason not to upgrade if you want DX12. Driver support should be more or less backwards compatible. I've been using Windows 7 and Windows 8 drivers, as needed, on the Windows 10 TP with no issues.

That wasn't what I meant. But you are right. What I meant was what we all want. Which is something that is just as functional as W7 but with a different skin and improved performance from DX12. How hard is it really all they need to do is look at W7 and say what people say we did wrong and what we did right. Alt Tab for example is perfect in W7 but they say it needs to be improved, in other words MS is not listening to anyone that has ever used a PC. Perhaps they are finding focus groups that primarily use mobile devices and asking them what is wrong. The f*ck up that is W8 and all it wouldn't surprise me.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

That wasn't what I meant. But you are right. What I meant was what we all want. Which is something that is just as functional as W7 but with a different skin and improved performance from DX12. How hard is it really all they need to do is look at W7 and say what people say we did wrong and what we did right. Alt Tab for example is perfect in W7 but they say it needs to be improved, in other words MS is not listening to anyone that has ever used a PC. Perhaps they are finding focus groups that primarily use mobile devices and asking them what is wrong. The f*ck up that is W8 and all it wouldn't surprise me.

I disagree that Alt+Tab is perfect in W7. I'm on a W7 PC right now, and if I have a bunch of windows open, shit starts to get difficult, since the thumbnails are so small. If you have several similar looking documents or windows open, it starts to become hard to navigate.

I like the W10 Alt+Tab improvements, and I'm definitely a power user.

I disagree that Alt+Tab is perfect in W7. I'm on a W7 PC right now, and if I have a bunch of windows open, shit starts to get difficult, since the thumbnails are so small. If you have several similar looking documents or windows open, it starts to become hard to navigate.

I like the W10 Alt+Tab improvements, and I'm definitely a power user.

Well I guess it's personal preference. Merhaps they need to add a fixed alt tab version where you can use the mouse with more customization in the OS. Because that is all we really need is more customization support. That way everyone can have their OS their way. It's probably why RainMeter is so popular. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

Why would I want to stream a game from a worse piece of hardware to a better piece of hardware? That's just stupid.

Now if I can just say......buy the same titles FOR MY PC. then fine.

Still, never going to buy an xbox or any console ever again.

My Xbox one is hooked up to my living room tv, and so is my PC. I use my PC more than I use my Xbox one. Having the ability to stream to a windows 10 device, will allow my boyfriend to gain access to the xbox one while I am using my pc, or even just watching tv. It is a good idea Microsoft is going with here. And if by any chance streaming xbox games to a windows 10 device allows me to use my Logitech G27 in Forza, then that is an added bonus. Not holding my breath on that though.

i dont understand why everyone is annoyed about this. Its another feature ms has added to the xbox at no cost for those who own an xbox already. It also tempts more consumers to purchase an xbox.

I have a more powerful gaming rig, this tempts me to buy an xbox. Yes the xbox is not as powerful as my computer. BUT i have heaps of friends who play the xbox and very few who play on computers. Being able to play with my xbox friends while on my pc, so i can do other things on my multi monitor set up is a total win for me.