Kim Dotcom has tried to bribe Lizard Squad. Just updated 26/12/14 With BBC Interview, Also:FinestSquad has just taken down Lizard Squads website

Update: Here is a link to a recorded interview the BBC did with Lizard Squad (26/12/14 at 23:10): http://youtu.be/iMKDwx9Wr0w

(When YT decided to publish the Video...), yes, it's movie maker, deal with it.

Kim Dotcom put out a tweet requesting that Lizard Squad stop attacking XBL and PSN so he and his friends can play Destiny. He even went as far as to bribe them by offering them with a Lifetime of Free MEGA Premium.

This caught the attention of Lizard Squad, who sharply came back with "We have 3000 Lizards" and want premium for all of them. Dotcom is in the process of trying to get MEGA management to authorise 3000 Lifetime memberships.

As of writing this post, all attacks have been stopped temporally, awaiting Dotcom's Response.

My thoughts,

Please don't negotiate with ass-holes Dotcom. They'll just keep coming back for more or with new threats.

Tweet proofs

aetQ1px.png

23gcwIt.png

3UeJMUu.png

EDIT: Dotcom has managed to get MEGA's management to approve of this "bribe"

0B5Umri.png

FinestSquad has gotten in on the action, booting Lizard Squad's attack offline, Perhaps this is why XBL/ PSN is back up, and not the bribe Kim Dotcom offered

xtKvbdV.png

The conversation between LizardSquad and Kim Dotcom:

B5v5IfjCQAAFX0e.jpg

Update 2: http://www.lizardsquad.info/ has just been hacked by Finest Squad, who followed through with their threat. The site is down and hosts information for authorities such as IP addresses of members of Lizard Squad. #WelldoneFinestSquad

Ryze of the Phoenix: 
CPU:      AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.15GHz
Ram:      64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200Mhz (Samsung B-Die & Nanya Technology)
GPU:      MSI RTX 3060 12GB Aero ITX
Storage: Crucial P3 1TB NVMe Gen 4 SSD, 1TB Crucial MX500, Spinning Rust (7TB Internal, 16TB External - All in-use),
PSU:      Cooler Master MWE Gold 750w V2 PSU (Thanks LTT PSU Tier List)
Cooler:   BeQuite! Prue Rock 2 Black Edition
Case:     ThermalTake Versa J22 TG

Passmark 10 Score: 6096.4         CPU-z Score: 4189 MT         Unigine Valley (DX11 @1080p Ultra): 5145         CryEngine Neon Noir (1080p Ultra): 9579

Audio Setup:                  Scarlett 2i2, AudioTechnica AT2020 XLR, Mackie CR3 Monitors, Sennheiser HD559 headphones, HyperX Cloud II Headset, KZ ES4 IEM (Cyan)

Laptop:                            MacBook Pro 2017 (Intel i5 7360U, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, 2x Thunderbolt 3 Ports - No Touch Bar) Catalina & Boot Camp Win10 Pro

Primary Phone:               Xiaomi Mi 11T Pro 5G 256GB (Snapdragon 888)

There should be an "I don't care" option, because frankly, I don't care.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Upon sending them the codes, maybe they could backtrack their IP addresses and get them arrested?

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

Upon sending them the codes, maybe they could backtrack their IP addresses and get them arrested?

HAH wouldn't that be the ultimate irony. Kim Dot Com helping the authorities track down criminals.

However, it's actually a good idea. Doubt it'll happen though.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

HAH wouldn't that be the ultimate irony. Kim Dot Com helping the authorities track down criminals.

However, it's actually a good idea. Doubt it'll happen though.

Lizard Squad: Send the codes to...

[spoiler]NORTH KOREA

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

How is it ironic?

Just cos MAFIAA thinks he's a criminal, don't make him one. Cos you know, by that standard Google, Microsoft and anyone else offering file hosting is also a criminal.

It's ironic because I highly doubt he's a big fan of the police, given what happened to him. And whether you think he's a criminal, or whether you think the laws should be changed is irrelevant, as he is still a convicted criminal under law.

Should the law change to reflect the modern digital world? Perhaps. But I'm not going to delve into that here.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I have made a new squad. LINUS TECH TIPS SQUAADDD!!!! JOIN ME AND GET FREE MEMBERSHIP TO this FORUM!!

Slick:

I don't care if you are right or wrong... someone will come around and correct you if you are wrong. What people need to realize is that we need to step up as a community and get above the pathetic fights and bickering. Share knowledge, be friendly, enjoy your stay.

He also forgot to mention if you dont know about the topic then dont make stuff up. Dont claim fake or assume things just by reading the title, Read the post. It doesnt matter if you made 3,000 as it could be mostly crap...

Bribe? He should post bounty for the heads of those kids. 

With the resources available to MS, can't they track down who are those fxxkingly annoying kids from LizardSquad?

finest squad should of silently took care of them. Kim shouldnt of had to bribe them.

This could of been silently over today. Its christmas, no one wants or needs to worry about this right now. Just tell us what happned tommorow or something lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

This is pretty stupid. We shouldn't reward them for being idiots. All this is doing is saying that they're doing the right thing.

This is pretty stupid. We shouldn't reward them for being idiots. All this is doing is saying that they're doing the right thing.

It will also encourage them to do it again. Maybe they'll attack again at Thanksgiving, or some other holiday. All they've learned is that they can get away with it.

Kim Dotcom did not help anyone except the "hackers" (FYI to thread: DDoSing isn't hacking).

Well atleast not pc game servers *cough cough masterrace so I don't care!

"Instinct or Rationality; Which will you choose? Enchanted by a superiority complex"

"what you do in spite of internet speed is inspiring. :3" From Cae - 2015

Shouldn't people of Lizardsquad be shot and dealt with? Don't need such degenerates in the world.

No, I don't care that I sound like a sociopath.

The lizard squad isn't just gonna stop. They're like 16 year old kids trolling Xbox to an extreme degree. They're bored teenagers like I am.

Sally: l Intel i5 4690k | | Corsair H55 | | Zalman z12 plus | | Hitachi 2TB HDD | | Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB | | ASRock Fatal1ty z97 Killer | | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | | EVGA SuperNova 750 watt | | MSI 390 | | Windows 10| 

How is it ironic?

Just cos MAFIAA thinks he's a criminal, don't make him one. Cos you know, by that standard Google, Microsoft and anyone else offering file hosting is also a criminal.

:rolleyes:

I think they will stop because of the bribe.  They were offered a metric crap ton of those vouchers which are valued at $99 each and he even offered to allow them to be upgraded to lifetime vouchers if they stop, but Kim  did make note to them, if they attack the servers again - the voucher's would all be terminated.  https://twitter.com/KimDotcom/status/548305704776241152   

This is a situation where Lizardsquad technically has incentive to not attack the M$ and $NE networks as that's a crap ton of vouchers that are valued at $99 and each and everyone to be upgraded to lifetime if they just leave the networks alone.  Was it right to bribe them?  No.  Did it fix things for now?  Yes.  That's what Kim was accomplishing - short term stability so he and many others who have consoles for Christmas could play their games and enjoy their holiday.  So, I am sure they'll be dealt with eventually by the government, anon, or Finestsquad, but this short term solution worked out quickly and that is what Kim likely wanted.

Also I don't believe this is rewarding them for their behavior as it tells them in this instance,  "You can have -all- of this, -IF- you behave, but if you don't.. you lose all of it, and likely will never be able to get something -this- good again."  

But let's look at something else.. let's focus on.. CES.  IT'S SO CLOSE.  IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH IT.  *Reach's out to touch CES 2015*

EDIT: Lizard Squad has stated that current down status is simply due to the aftermath of the DDoS attacks, not that they're currently being attacked.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Dotcom screwed up here. In his attempts to look like a nice guy for internat-related news, he just basically let these hackers know that they can take down whatever service they want AND that they can be expected to be rewarded for it.

Huge mistake, and now someone needs to 86 these bastards before they take down a service I actually need on a regular basis.

Git Gud.