Kim Dotcom has tried to bribe Lizard Squad. Just updated 26/12/14 With BBC Interview, Also:FinestSquad has just taken down Lizard Squads website

How is it ironic?

Just cos MAFIAA thinks he's a criminal, don't make him one. Cos you know, by that standard Google, Microsoft and anyone else offering file hosting is also a criminal.

You're right, of course Kim just wanted a legitimate site. It was impossible for him to take down illegal files uploaded. It's one thing to argue that technically he was doing nothing illegal, its another to argue that he had no idea of the files on his servers 

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

FinestSquad is doing nothing anonymous is on the attack not them. 

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

You're right, of course Kim just wanted a legitimate site. It was impossible for him to take down illegal files uploaded. It's one thing to argue that technically he was doing nothing illegal, its another to argue that he had no idea of the files on his servers 

News flash he was talking files down and a lot of them.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Instead of bribing them why can't we get someone to find them and throw them into a volcano? :P

News flash he was talking files down and a lot of them.

Not entirely correct.

Because of the way Megaupload worked, all he was doing was taking down the "link" to the file. The file itself remained. Thus, every time someone new tried to upload a file that was already uploaded, it would simply create a new link to said file. And thus, the popular files (often Pirated stuff, but not always), ended up with dozens or hundreds of links to them.

Therefore, Kim taking down one of the links was meaningless, because another 40 would spring up to replace it.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Not entirely correct.

Because of the way Megaupload worked, all he was doing was taking down the "link" to the file. The file itself remained. Thus, every time someone new tried to upload a file that was already uploaded, it would simply create a new link to said file. And thus, the popular files (often Pirated stuff, but not always), ended up with dozens or hundreds of links to them.

Therefore, Kim taking down one of the links was meaningless, because another 40 would spring up to replace it.

You have a source, how would another 40 links popup, upload a file that is already uploaded would create a new link of course it will create a new link,  I can upload a video over and over and over to google drive and it will give me new links every time, also I don't understand your reasoning, the link was gone the file couldn't be downloaded another guy would upload it and get a new link so yeah. 

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Dotcom screwed up here. In his attempts to look like a nice guy for internat-related news, he just basically let these hackers know that they can take down whatever service they want AND that they can be expected to be rewarded for it.

Huge mistake, and now someone needs to 86 these bastards before they take down a service I actually need on a regular basis.

The only problem is that it's on the terms that Xbox Live and PSN stay up, it's an incentive for LS to leave those two services alone which I'm p OK with.

In the meanwhile, they may attack other services since they've got their hands empty. Say they attack Valve and nobody is there to save them.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

The only problem is that it's on the terms that Xbox Live and PSN stay up, it's an incentive for LS to leave those two services alone which I'm p OK with.

In the meanwhile, they may attack other services since they've got their hands empty. Say they attack Valve and nobody is there to save them.

Let them try their hopes would be destroyed.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

You have a source, how would another 40 links popup, upload a file that is already uploaded would create a new link of course it will create a new link,  I can upload a video over and over and over to google drive and it will give me new links every time, also I don't understand your reasoning, the link was gone the file couldn't be downloaded another guy would upload it and get a new link so yeah.

Nope, he got into so much trouble precisely because of the unique way which MU worked. It used hashes and MD5 sums to ascertain if a file already existed on its servers, if so it would refuse the upload and instead create a new link to the existing file meaning one file could have hundreds of links to it, DMCA notices would result in the links being deleted but not the actual file itself so any links not included with the takedown notice would remain active.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Nope, he got into so much trouble precisely because of the unique way which MU worked. It used hashes and MD5 sums to ascertain if a file already existed on its servers, if so it would refuse the upload and instead create a new link to the existing file meaning one file could have hundreds of links to it, DMCA notices would result in the links being deleted but not the actual file itself so any links not included with the takedown notice would remain active.

So this is how it worked sorry I misunderstood.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Source, as requested:

https://torrentfreak.com/megaupload-what-made-it-a-rogue-site-worthy-of-destruction-120120/

Mega had developed a system whereby files set to be uploaded by users were hashed in order to discover if a copy of the file already exists on the Mega servers. If a file existed, the user did not have to upload his copy and was simply given a unique URL in order to access the content in future. What this meant in practice is that there could be countless URLs ‘owned’ by various users but which all pointed to the same file.

So as I said, if someone went to upload the same file again, it would detect that the file was still on the servers, and then it would just create a new link the file.

Kim Dotcom was just removing "links" to those files, not actually the file itself.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Apparently the source of the botnet.

Y0irikp.png

Here's the google street view

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_gb0K7psy7hMGc4M01xcWNrN0k/edit?usp=docslist_api

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

What Kim Dotcom just did was a huge mistake. He passively just funded LS, and here is how:

-LS aquiered 3000 Vouchers for MEGA, each worth 99$. - Total Worth: 297.000$

-LS can re-sell these Vouchers each, they could re-sell them for 50% of their Original Worth to get rid of them and get a decent income way faster.

-The probability that they are gonna re-sell it is extremely high as there is nobody who would need 500GB*3000 storage.

-After re-selling, they can fund additional Servers to increase their DDOS capacity.

-They can start DDOsing PSN and Xbox servers again as they got their Money out of these Vouchers already and dont care if they dont work for the people they sold them to.

Yet servers are still down... 

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

Fuck you Lizard Sqaud!

Ignorant little bitches. Go out and play instead!

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

a century ago people were in war with each other physically, today people are DDoSing and Hacking each other, 100 years from now , people will achieve singularity , it's the Illuminati  !!!!

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Lizard squad is going down fast. Bunch of little script kiddies. 

You can't be serious.  Hyperthreading is a market joke?

Instead of bribing them why can't we get someone to find them and throw them into a volcano? :P

Well maybe to one of the members but i feel like each one should have there own special little bye bye gift.

CPU - I9 10900 | CPU Cooler - Corsair Hydro Series H100x AIO | Motherboard -  Aorus B460 PRO AC | RAM -G.SKILL Ripjaw V series 4x8GB 2666MHZ | Graphics Card - Gigabyte RTX 3070  | Power Supply - Cooler Master 650w  | Storage -  Working on a new Spicy 

Operating System - Windows 10 Pro

No! You have doomed us all! Now you have said that, LTT forum will be hacked!

They may stop for now but what will be going through those pricks heads is 'shit, look what we have. What else can we get'.

I think Kim is a goddamn prick for doing that because it'll reinforce 'I hack then I can get shit' mentality. Stupid fat bastard.

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

So kim dotcom has them under his controll because he can stop the subscriptions when they atack again.
And it boosted Dotcom's internet popularity, but he doesn't care, he just want's to play games ;)

The best thing is that what microsoft and sony have been trying for a while now, kim dotcom did in an hour on twitter.

I make Rainmeter things and other art :D

"I don't care".

I'd rather be with familly on Christmas or New Year.

This only justifies the existence of shitheads like LS.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299