Grand Theft Auto 5: Kmart joins Target in pulling game from sale

XTankSlayerX

Grand-Theft-Auto-5-has-be-011.jpg

Kmart has become the second major retailer to pull controversial video game franchise Grand Theft Auto from its Australian stores.

A spokeswoman for the company announced on Thursday that the highly popular series would be removed from shelves immediately “following a significant review” of their content.

“Kmart apologises for not being closer to the content of this game,” she said.

Target said on Wednesday it would stop selling the game in response to customer complaints sparked by an online petition posted by three women identifying themselves as victims of violence in the sex industry.

This misogynistic GTA 5 literally makes a game of bashing, killing and horrific violence against women,” (My opinion here: I don't feel like its just women getting objectified, men as well.) the petition, which has been signed by more than 40,000 people, said.

“We have firsthand experience of this kind of sexual violence … to see this violence that we lived through turned into a form of entertainments is sickening and causes us great pain and harm.”

Target’s general manager of corporate affairs, Jim Cooper, said customers had raised a “significant level of concern about the game’s content”.

“We’ve also had customer feedback in support of us selling the game, and we respect their perspective on the issue,” he said.

“However, we feel the decision to stop selling GTA5 is in line with the majority view of our customers.”

A researcher studying the game, James O’Connor, said said there was no evidence linking the GTA franchise to real-life violence.

But he said the latest iteration of the game for the Playstation 4 had a “much higher level of fidelity” and was “visually improved to the extent that it feels like a more realistic world”.

“There’s also a first-person mode which makes everything feel more gritty and problematic,” he said.

Source: http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/dec/04/grand-theft-auto-5-kmart-target-pulling-game-sale

For some reason neither copy or paste is working for me today...

They're both shit, target and bloody Kmart. 

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

1. The hell is kmart?

2. The hell kmart.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

https://www.change.org/p/target-stop-selling-fifty-shades-of-grey-in-all-target-stores

Funny.

Target/Kmart - same deal, comments for target are the same here for Kmart

PR move, however stupid to please a few groups of people, and piss off others.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

https://www.change.org/p/target-stop-selling-fifty-shades-of-grey-in-all-target-stores

Funny.

Well our group is smaller than their group so like it or not they did it.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

so 2 retailers I am already boycotting.

Can we not collectively grow the fuck up?!

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

GAMES LIKE GTA V MAKE CHILDREN MURDERERS!
How come games where you cook doesn't make you a chief?

Why don't we become professional race car drivers or stuntmen when we play car games?

How fucking stupid is this that it's only games like the GTA series that gets this kind of attention?

Welcome to society everyone!

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

1. The hell is kmart?

2. The hell kmart.

somewhat similar to Target and Walmart

Shopping at Kmart seriously is like grocery shopping at a convenience store. No sensible person does this anyway..last time I've been to Kmart was damn near half a decade ago.

edit: Oh, this stinks of social justice warriors. "Violence against women" how ironically sexist to not even show a hint of concern for the many males you could kill. The agenda is too obvious. Australia, you're supposed to be badass, not whipped.

so they don't care about it a year ago, but all of the sudden, HOLY FUCK! stop the presses!! they're killing people in this game.

this is just hilarious!

Build: Sister's new build |CPU i5 2500k|MOBO MSI h61m-p23 b3|PSU Rosewill 850w  |RAM 4GB 1333|GPU Radeon HD 6950 2GB OCedition|HDD 500GB 7200|HDD 500GB 7200|CASE Rosewill R5|Status online

Build: Digital Vengeance|CPU i7 4790k 4.8GHz 1.33V|MOBO MSI z97-Gaming 7|PSU Seasonic Xseries 850w|RAM 16GB G.skill sniper 2133|GPU Dual R9 290s|SSD 256GB Neutron|SSD 240GB|HDD 2TB 7200|CASE Fractal Design Define R5|Status online

Holy shit...this just took a huge turn

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

don't care about it a year ago, but all of the sudden, HOLY FUCK! stop the presses!! they're killing people in this game.

THIS.... previous titles were not the same why?

Didn't you hear...

With these 'next gen' consoles pushing the ability to produce flashy near life like visuals IN YOUR FACE, it's now more of a thing,......we're all gonna be corrupted by the realism!!!

Regardless of the console/PC debate that people may attribute, not the case.

PC has the fidelity + GTAiV MOD support made GTA4 into a FIDELITY ORGASM, yet.....nothing like this happened there...

Stupid is as Stupid Does!

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

"Take the game off because its too violent, I dont want my children or anyone else exposed to it"

Don't fucking buy it then

The Warehouse did a similiar thing in NZ but they pulled all R18 content, not just GTA V.

Jesus Christ man the game has literally nothing with women, If anything I don't know why they don't look at the bigger picture of corrupted police in the game. Also non of the main missions have anything to do with women period I mean shit am surprised they aren't having a riot about how this game makes Canadians look absolutely crazy and mental.  They are just nit picking at the tiniest thing that has nothing to do with the main story.  It kinda reminds me of that one dude and his shirt with women on it after he and his team landed a probe on a comet, the feminists didn't care how he and his team landed a probe on a comet, but were thinking the impression that scientists are sexist, and women shouldn't go into science. Well let me tell you something women have done tons of things to support science in many ways.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

So, will they ban Shadow of Mordor for crimes against Orcs as well? 

Orcs are real people too. Check your human privilege at the door, assholes. 

Funny.

Signed

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

“However, we feel the decision to stop selling GTA5 is in line with the majority view of our customers.”

The majority of your customers don't give two shits about GTAV. You just killed off all of your customers that wanted GTAV. You now have NO customers. The same goes for Target. Now that gamers know that Kmart/Target are going to pull video games off of shelves because of some two bit petition means that they aren't going to pre-order at your store for video games let alone buy any video games from you ever again.

You know who'll get my money in this situation? Amazon or the platform service(Steam, PSN, Xbox Live). Kmart and Target are losing out in thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of dollars because of some petition that is more than likely fake.

1. theres still kmarts around? mine closed last year

2. are they trying to die faster? "yea guys lets remove one of the only good items in our stores!"

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

1. theres still kmarts around? mine closed last year

2. are they trying to die faster? "yea guys lets remove one of the only good items in our stores!"

This is just in Australia I think, there's heaps of them here

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300