Grand Theft Auto 5: Kmart joins Target in pulling game from sale

XTankSlayerX

I think this is ridiculous. It's mature age digital content, no different to an MA rated movie. If they pull this game, they need to also pull any other mature age content they feel they cant distribute according to the digital laws. Take Gossip Girl and that Kardashian whoring bullshit off the shelves for the love of god if that's the path you are taking.

Top parenting tip (from a parent)

1. Don't buy you under age kid digital content that isn't meant for them to consume

2. if they somehow buy it without your knowledge, if you have half a clue of what your kid is up to you'll know they are playing something that is above their age grade and give them a clip behind the ears, find out who sold it to them, return it and give the distributors a serve for selling them mature age content they aren't allowed to.

How fucking precious is society, really

I am genuinely concerned for the world that my children will be growing up in.

This is just in Australia I think, there's heaps of them here

oh xD

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Gamestop and Wal-mart are gonna have a field day.

My PC: i7 3770k @ 4.4 Ghz || Hyper 212 Evo || Intel Extreme Motherboard DZ77GA || EVGA Hybrid 980ti || Corsair Vengeance Blue 16GB || Samsung 840 Evo 120 GB || WD Black 1TB

Peripherals: Corsair K70 RGB || Sentey Pro Revolution Gaming Mouse || Beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium 250 Ohm Headphone || Benq XL2420Z Monitor

This kind of outrage has always been the best marketing friend of Rockstar.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

The thing that shits me most about this is that the relatively small numbers in a lobby group have once again dictated what others can access based on assumed and misunderstood information.  

This is half the reason our country is going down the gurgler.  

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

The modern day book burning has long since begun. Johannes Gutenberg is rolling in the grave.

All because of some ignorant neanderthals who haven't even looked at the work's content sideways.

I have no interest in GTA V personally, and find it crude myself, but not for these reasons, and right now I'm looking down on Australia with pity and shame.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

I have no interest in GTA V personally, and find it crude myself, but not for these reasons, and right now I'm looking down on westfarmers with pity and shame.

Fixed. This isn't censorship, this isn't some sort of book burning festival. This is one company who owns two major retailers making a decision not to stock it. It's BS, people should if they feel strongly about it shop elsewhere. But lets not pretend that this is something it isn't.....

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

Fixed. This isn't censorship, this isn't some sort of book burning festival. This is one company who owns two major retailers making a decision not to stock it. It's BS, people should if they feel strongly about it shop elsewhere. But lets not pretend that this is something it isn't.....

No I hold the statement that it is one and the same. Works getting removed, either be it from a niche or from everywhere due to the lack of knowledge and insight of others.

Doesn't matter that it's just two stores out of however many. It shows that humans are incapable of learning from history. The book burnings started the same way.

'Let's not go overboard you say' - I say it's better to identify exactly what is happening before it spreads like wildfire. Just because only two stores have made the wrong choice yet doesn't mean there are others in the wings feeling pressured to commit the same atrocity against human creativity. Then the dominoes will be falling and the book is burnt.

'Let's not go overboard'? You realize that once they're all gone it's too late right?

We have the internet now and it's never going to be the same problem. But that doesn't give anyone the right to trample art no matter what they think of its content.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

People actually giving in to femnazis. Disgusting. 

GAMES LIKE GTA V MAKE CHILDREN MURDERERS!

How come games where you cook doesn't make you a chief?

Why don't we become professional race car drivers or stuntmen when we play car games?

How fucking stupid is this that it's only games like the GTA series that gets this kind of attention?

Welcome to society everyone!

There is Gran Turismo's GT Academy... A few of the winners are in the 24 Heures du Mans (24h Le Mans)...

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

Not just two, they own: bunnings, officeworks, coles, bilo, liquer land, vintage cellars, harris technology, cleanheat, unigas, business direct to name a few.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Fucking hell. If games don't make people more violent, why would GTA V make people more violent towards women, especially when you kill MUCH more men in the game than women?

Idiots. They're fucking idiots. I'll be taking my business elsewhere, thank you.

GAMES LIKE GTA V MAKE CHILDREN MURDERERS!
How come games where you cook doesn't make you a chief?

Why don't we become professional race car drivers or stuntmen when we play car games?

How fucking stupid is this that it's only games like the GTA series that gets this kind of attention?

Welcome to society everyone!

Man I wish we could learn from games in that way. If that were the case, I could work for NASA with all my SimpleRockets experience!

waffle waffle waffle on and on and on

[...]

They choose to stock some content and not stock other stuff all the time. I'm fairly sure that they didn't stock Bayonetta 2 for example and they never gave any reasons why. It's a load of BS I just don't see what the huge explosion of rage is all about. It's a free market, they're free to stock or not stock whatever they want. Just as I'm free to walk out and buy it elsewhere.

The people chucking an online tantrum about this? They're not helping the "cause", particularly if they go all gamer-gate on it. That just gives the Ned Flanders wannabes more ammo. Saying that this is somehow analogious to book burning? That's equally as unhelpful. People just need to calm down and if they want the game shop elsewhere. Whatever the reasons for their actions I'm sure Westfarmers cares more about their shareprice at the end of the day. So if you're an Australian vote with your wallet.

Not just two, they own: bunnings, officeworks, coles, bilo, liquer land, vintage cellars, harris technology, cleanheat, unigas, business direct to name a few.

Well then don't buy games at bunnings eith.. oh wait :P 

unlucky for the people that want to play it, lucky for amazon.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Sorry to the Aussies around here. You guys are getting the short end of the stick.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Meh I don't know why anyone is bothered by this at all I mean who the hell wants to go to target or Kmart anyway. 
I guess if you haven't already got it you'll have to buy it elsewhere or online... Don't the new consoles have their own online market places anyway? Anyone even looked to see if GTAV is on the xbox market place or what ever the PS version is? Personally I own 2 copies of it already and if i do buy it for a 3rd time I'll just get it on steam and if by some retarded reason we get a altered version I'll just have a buddy in the US sign into my steam and buy it.

| CPU: i7-4770K @4.6 GHz, | CPU cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 + 2x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial PPC PWM 2000RPM  | Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB(2x8GB) 2133MHz, 11-11-11-27(Red) | GPU: 2x MSI R9 290 Gaming Edition  | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250gb | HDD: Seagate ST1000DX001 SSHD 1TB + 4x Seagate ST4000DX001 SSHD 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM1000 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black | Fans: 1x NZXT FZ 200mm Red LED 3x Aerocool Dead Silence 140mm Red Edition 2x Aerocool Dead Silence 120mm Red Edition  | LED lighting: NZXT Hue RGB |

I sympathize with the people who want the games taken off the shelves.  There is objectionable content in games and you cannot deny the possibility that it has an effect on real life.  

However, removing the game from store shelves does not solve any problems.  1. We live in a global market. It will take way more than one or two stores boycotting a game to remove it from the hands of consumers.  2. The game itself is not the whole issue.  Rather, the deeper problem is how people approach and respond to playing the game.  If you play GTA5 without knowing or caring that material in it is very controversial, you may become numb to actions displayed in the game that when taken out of the game are against the law (or at least morally wrong).  On the other hand if you play the game taking those things into account you're fine.  

Summarizing: Games can be compared to fire.  They are plenty of fun, but it's important to watch what you're doing.  Saying no one can build fires keeps people from understanding the danger.

-Jarro

Jesus Christ man the game has literally nothing with women, If anything I don't know why they don't look at the bigger picture of corrupted police in the game. Also non of the main missions have anything to do with women period I mean shit am surprised they aren't having a riot about how this game makes Canadians look absolutely crazy and mental.  They are just nit picking at the tiniest thing that has nothing to do with the main story.  It kinda reminds me of that one dude and his shirt with women on it after he and his team landed a probe on a comet, the feminists didn't care how he and his team landed a probe on a comet, but were thinking the impression that scientists are sexist, and women shouldn't go into science. Well let me tell you something women have done tons of things to support science in many ways.

Agreed, as long as we have respect between each others, feminism has got nothing. This is why we constantly have to facepalm to this things.

There is objectionable content in games and you cannot deny the possibility that it has an effect on real life.  

I can and will deny that. Just look at the research that has been done on video game violence. All the peer reviewed studies (that hasn't been torn to shreds for being flawed) have all come the the same conclusion. There is no relation between violence and violent games.

The same logic applies to "misogynistic" games (which in the case of GTA is not misogynistic at all).

I don't know if I should be angry or sad at this. Killing men in games, even make it a requirement to finish the game? Totally fine and acceptable. There is a possibility to kill a woman in a game (which the game might punish you for)? MISOGYNY! THE GAME SHOULD BE BANNED!

I don't think it's possible for the feminazi to claim that they "just want to be part of the club and play games". They are obviously out to destroy gaming and banning things they don't like.

Someone did a copy/paste of the their stupid petition but changed GTA 5 to the Bible. It's pretty funny.

I can and will deny that. Just look at the research that has been done on video game violence. All the peer reviewed studies (that hasn't been torn to shreds for being flawed) have all come the the same conclusion. There is no relation between violence and violent games.

The same logic applies to "misogynistic" games (which in the game of GTA is not misogynistic at all).

I don't know if I should be angry or sad at this. Killing men in games, even make it a requirement to finish the game? Totally fine and acceptable. There is a possibility to kill a woman in a game (which the game might punish you for)? MISOGYNY! THE GAME SHOULD BE BANNED!

I don't think it's possible for the feminazi to claim that they "just want to be part of the club and play games". They are obviously out to destroy gaming and banning things they don't like.

Someone did a copy/paste of the their stupid petition but changed GTA 5 to the Bible. It's pretty funny.

Quoted for the truth. Linking video games to violence has the same level of correlation as whacking off and having your dick fall off. 

Haha Signed. It's only fair right?

| CPU: i7-4770K @4.6 GHz, | CPU cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 + 2x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial PPC PWM 2000RPM  | Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB(2x8GB) 2133MHz, 11-11-11-27(Red) | GPU: 2x MSI R9 290 Gaming Edition  | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250gb | HDD: Seagate ST1000DX001 SSHD 1TB + 4x Seagate ST4000DX001 SSHD 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM1000 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black | Fans: 1x NZXT FZ 200mm Red LED 3x Aerocool Dead Silence 140mm Red Edition 2x Aerocool Dead Silence 120mm Red Edition  | LED lighting: NZXT Hue RGB |