LTTAnimeClubHeavenSociety-Header.png

Week 20 is upon us. Its now time to decide which anime the club should watch and discuss this week. The poll will be active for 48hrs-ish.

Strike The Blood
Current

This was suggested by @RainColt saying "I can't let myself get away with not picking something shameless and stupid fun, it's an enjoyably b-movie of the anime world I like it."

The fourth true ancestor" is a legendarily strong vampire that shouldn't exist. Accompanied by the 12 "gun-beasts," this phantom vampire is said to have appeared in Japan. In order to find and kill this "fourth true ancestor," the government and the Lion King Organization order the dispatch of attack mages called "sword-maidens." For some reason an apprentice named Yukina Himeragi was chosen for the task. Wielding the strongest spiritual spear, Yukina comes to the special demon district Itokami City. There she encounters Kojou Akatsuki and learns the true nature of the "fourth true ancestor.
Read more at ANN

3tUsyvm.jpg

ANN | MAL | aniDB

White Album 2
Recent

This was suggested by @RainColt saying "I saw music and high school and I was sucked in, this isn't over dramatic teenage angst it's a simple story of 3 teenagers prepping for the school festival where they will play there favorite song, I love music so this was an easy sell for me and I'm also a fan of slice of life."

Fall, when graduation is only half a year away.

Haruki Kitahara, the final member of the light music club that dissolved, plays his guitar by the window after school in preparation for the school festival. It was the one and only adventure of a good student who spent two diligent years on his studies.

But when a flowing piano melody and a voice as a clear as bell harmonize with his guitar… He goes from being alone, to being two, then three in the light music club, as the semester he dreamed of, no, hoped for, began.
Read more at MAL

vg6GgFW.jpg

ANN | MAL | aniDB

Fate/Zero
Post-2007

This was suggested by @frustratedrocka saying "Action, drama, horror, seinen. The Nasuverse is one of the most complicated fictional settings in existence and consists of multiple visual novels that are each longer than War and Peace, but fortunately you don't need any of that background knowledge to enjoy this prequel. Available on netflix."

Fate/Zero takes place 10 years prior to the events of Fate/stay night, detailing the events of the 4th Holy Grail War in Fuyuki City. The War of the Holy Grail is a contest in which seven magi summon seven Heroic Spirits to compete to obtain the power of the "Holy Grail," which grants a miracle. After three inconclusive wars for the elusive Holy Grail, the Fourth War commences.

Founded by the Einzbern, Makiri, and Tohsaka families centuries ago, the Einzbern family is determined to achieve success after three successive failures, no matter the cost. As a result, they have elected to bring the hated magus killer, Kiritsugu Emiya, into their ranks, despite his methods and reputation as a skilled mercenary and a hitman who employs whatever he can use to accomplish his goals. Though Kiritsugu had once wanted to become a hero who could save everyone, he has long since abandoned this ideal upon realizing that saving one person comes at the cost of another's life. For the sake of humanity, he will ruthlessly destroy anything and anyone who threatens the peace of others.

However, Kiritsugu finds himself deeply torn between the love he has found for his new family—his wife Irisviel and their daughter Illya—and what he must do to obtain the Holy Grail. Meanwhile, Kiritsugu's greatest opponent appears in the form of Kirei Kotomine, a priest who cannot find any sense of fulfillment in his life and sets his sights on Kiritsugu as the possible answer to the emptiness he feels.
Read more at MAL

ggAhF53.jpg

ANN | MAL | aniDB

History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Pre-2007

This was suggested by @TheGFXNovice saying "Or otherwise known as History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi ... Unlike the rest of this list this anime is quite light and funny, I enjoyed many of the comedic scenes but what made it for me is that it still had a plot ... Unlike many purely comedic animes that have no plot and are no fun to watch"

Shirahama Kenichi is an average student who has earned the nickname "Weak Legs" from always getting bullied. One day he meets a cute girl named Furinji Miu, who helps him build the courage to begin training at a mysterious dojo where she lives. Here Kenichi faces intense training from masters of many different martial arts styles as he attempts to become stronger.
-from ANN

Fy3HMlu.jpg

ANN | MAL | aniDB

Watamote
Random

This was suggested by @Legion saying "One dark but funny anime, which deals with a lonely sucidal girl who can't figure out why she is unpopular."

Tomoko Kuroki is about as socially dysfunctional as it is possible for a first year high school girl to be. We start the story when she realizes she has attended high school for three months without even talking to anyone at all. Not all is lost, however, since she is irrepressibly optimistic about her chances to turn it around and live a fulfilling high school life.

Read more at ANN

K0S3nsu.jpg

ANN | MAL | aniDB

@Luclocke @MyInnerFred @RainColt @TheProfosist @Rockmandash12 @CatCloud @Charger @iSaeko=(@Oshino Shinobu) @Jaybird @Cryptonite @DarkCrow @EChondo @killers993 @Epitome @GokuLy @lutewan @Izaya Orihara @squirrl @oc0110 @Legion @Laforet @Admire @yurihellsing @EmotionalSloth @Katsu-K1L @TetraSky @Ivyk @Typho @TheGFXNovice @Fruits Punch Samurai G @frustratedrocka @urple Spy @Sky Daddy @Adamu @Smiles1946 @GloriousPain @gastew15 @Vitalius @Le Lion de Barreras @Kagami Tsukino @DigitalHermit @Unbr34k4bl3 @Noire @Randomacts @c3p0 @Rashy @ThyFeared @That Norwegian Guy @ThyFeared @wng_kingsley7 @Trogdor8freebird @Rising @brownninja97 @Marvzl1357 @achillesviper

If you're interested in becoming a member please head over to the main club thread for more information.

This is a poll that is created from a list of suggested anime from the Anime Suggestion Submission thread. If there is any anime you think the club should watch and discuss please suggest it there.

At first I was going to vote for History's Strongest but I remember how much of bad job the the studio who animated it had done. It just didn't do is justice to the manga and lacked what made the manga one of my favorites.
So, I picked Watamote and may give it a watch again from where I left off. It was pretty funny.

Just watched the 1st episode of strike the blood.

Seems to be interesting, it's got a slow start, the action scenes are pretty kewl, and the story seems to be interesting with the flashback/exposition at the end.

I think I'll continue watching this for shiggles

Home is where the heart my desktop is.

Just watched the 1st episode of strike the blood.

Seems to be interesting, it's got a slow start, the action scenes are pretty kewl, and the story seems to be interesting with the flashback/exposition at the end.

I think I'll continue watching this for shiggles

hrughghghuhguhghghuhghghghhggghhh

So much senpai....

Also, I've watched all of kyoukai no kanata and I loovvveed it

Home is where the heart my desktop is.

history's strongest gets my vote, the story kinda reminds me of old animes in the 90's :D

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

still havent finished the last one  :mellow:

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

Gotta dig Watamote. Nothing like a really good cringe  :rolleyes:

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

history's strongest gets my vote, the story kinda reminds me of old animes in the 90's :D

Cause thats kinda what it is but more 2000's than 90's. I watched a good bit of it.

Although i know watamote is good i just didn't seem to get past the first episode when i started watching it. I'm not sure if it just was not what i was in the mood to watch at the time or the fact that i didn't really care for the animation style but it seems like i will be giving it a second try soon based on how the vote is going.

Although i know watamote is good i just didn't seem to get past the first episode when i started watching it. I'm not sure if it just was not what i was in the mood to watch at the time or the fact that i didn't really care for the animation style but it seems like i will be giving it a second try soon based on how the vote is going.

The animation is kinda what got me to watch. I dont know really how good it is. I do have to say that damn I have screenshotted the hell out of it so far. There are so many frames that would make great wallpapers.

The animation is kinda what got me to watch. I dont know really how good it is. I do have to say that damn I have screenshotted the hell out of it so far. There are so many frames that would make great wallpapers.

part of my problem was probably trying to watch it as 4am when trying to fall asleep so i really don't think i gave it a fair chance for me liking it at the time

I think it was even after i marathoned something else at the time

Voted Watamote because it would be poor for me to not support something I nominated.

Also going to watch White Album 2 looks good.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

Strike the Blood all the way :D

Eh... I guess I'll go with Fate/Zero. It's the only one I would watch out of all of them.

Strike The Blood is pointless if it doesn't get another season. (Still good.. but leaves all the doors open and doesn't finish the story)

White Album 2, I don't know anything about it other than it's based on a visual novel. I see the Drama tag and I back away...

History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi wasn't half bad, if you like martial art stuff, but it was still unfinished. The manga just ended recently (in a very abrupt, obviously cancelled, way...) so that might be better.

As for Watamote... .. I just get depressed looking at that... For reasons entirely different as why I don't want to watch a Drama.. it's just.. depressing.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

I'll watch strike the blood again, it's very cliché but it is so with such gusto that it's almost like the writers are ignorant of the clichés.

Why do you always die right after I fix you?

The poll has closed. The winner is Random: Watamote!

LTTAnimeClub-CompletedWeek20Poll.png

@Charger is posting the discussion thread now!