Botherations, You’ll need a Microsoft account to set up future versions of Windows 11 Pro

Lightwreather
10 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

-snip-

I'm an admin at my company. 

I want a local admin. I do not want my cloud account or any other user having  their accounts be the primary one on the machine.

They are all AD joined with Enterprise licenses (which can only be activTed by signing into an ad joined win pro PC)

I do not want my users logging to MS store, win10/11 mail app, or one drive. We have an M365 license with all office apps under the sun. 

Forcing the initial account on the pc to be a Ms account is worthless. 

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

8 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

To me, this is a non issue. You need a Microsoft linked account to do most things.

I would question whether that is because it's actually required rather than arbitrarily imposed. In some instances, of course, it's actually necessary but there are a lot of features that were perfectly fine in older Windows versions that didn't use a Microsoft account. Regardless for personal use you can be perfectly fine using Windows 10 without connecting it to a Microsoft account and I don't see why this should change; as I mentioned above you need Pro if you want bitlocker support and that's something even a home user might want.

And sure, there are some good reasons to link a Microsoft account. I just don't think you should be required to do so because it's really not necessary.

13 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

phone, Chrome web browser, YouTube, Steam, Epic game store, and the such.

You're throwing in a bunch of stuff that isn't necessarily comparable. Digital stores like Steam need you to have an account because otherwise they couldn't link your purchases to you in any way; phones, browsers and sites like youtube can be used just fine without logging in to anything, you just give up a few features that rely on that, which is perfectly fine. Further, if you log in to youtube you're only linking your youtube activity to your account whereas logging in to your operating system with a Microsoft account links your entire computer activity to that account.

17 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

So switch to Linux then, and make link your account their instead. All fine there.

Again, that's an option you have when using Ubuntu to get some of the niceties you mentioned but it's not required at all. Plus, Ubuntu separates the services that actually use those accounts (like calendar syncing) and the rest of your computing experience.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

4 minutes ago, goodtofufriday said:

I'm an admin at my company. 

I want a local admin. I do not want my cloud account or any other user having  their accounts be the primary one on the machine.

They are all AD joined with Enterprise licenses (which can only be activTed by signing into an ad joined win pro PC)

So what is the problem?

4 minutes ago, goodtofufriday said:

Forcing the initial account on the pc to be a Ms account is worthless. 

Audit mode? You should know this. Allows you to setup a system without any account. 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/manufacture/desktop/audit-mode-overview?view=windows-11#:~:text=In audit mode%2C you can do the following%3A,Add more customizations to a reference image.

4 hours ago, LAwLz said:

Not sure what posts you have made, but a lot of users on this forum use the argument that "it's their platform" is made even without lawsuits being mentioned.

ok for starters i dont support their their platform their rules,

I do know all companies make you have an account for shit now days(see edit)

which this is no difference(I do wish we would go back to i'm just known a product key xxx.xxx.xx.xxx), I dont believe in closed ecosystems

your quote is from ltt tech news being moved below ltt stuff which is perfectly fine in my book for most part its about ltt on ltt site lol and  cause you can still use all of the forum not even signed in and if you are signed in you can minimize the ltt part

so dont take shit out of context

edit:so about this topic I am mixed and conflicted I do think you should have ms account to use their software thats kinda standard but at same time this is a little bit going down that slippery road on closed ecosystem

2 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

So what is the problem?

Audit mode? You should know this.

Presumably this update removes local accounts entirely. 

We have a local admin account setup on all machines. 

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

You need a Microsoft linked account to do most things.

No you don't.

To me it makes life easier for IT support to people, when reinstall are required. If Bitlocker is enabled for some reason, they don't need to hunt for the recovery code (which you can bet ignore to do the backup)

Most people don't have bitlocker enabled, certainly not people who need private help with their computers. Although it should be enabled...

9 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

bookmark/favorites are sync, do no need to deal with that, no need to setup OneDrive, Mail/Calendar if they use it,

All of those things assume they use their Microsoft account to sync those things. I think that what you will find is that most people use their Google accounts for those things.

23 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

As for diy systems, well, when they make their account the first time on reinstall, it will activate. Plus, you need an account to use the Store in any case.

Last time I checked, barely anyone used the store, and you didn't need a Microsoft account to use the store anyway.

23 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

I am just surprised... people have 0 problem making Google/Apple account (which you can also use for MS account) for their phone, Chrome web browser, YouTube, Steam, Epic game store, and the such. But,  for their PC, it is the end of the world!!!!

That's because Google and Apple gives users the choice to make an account or to not (you don't need a Google account to use Chrome, Android etc) but people choose to do it because they see the benefit.

With Microsoft, it's the reverse. People don't use those accounts because they don't see the benefit, and as a result Microsoft are now forcing it.

24 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

So switch to Linux then, and make link your account their instead. All fine there.

See that big "skip" button in the corner? That's what makes the popup you're showing okay, but what Microsoft doing not OK.

This whole post reads like someone who is extremely deep into the Microsoft ecosystem, and doesn't understand why people are upset when people who aren't and don't want to be are now forced into it.

10 minutes ago, goodtofufriday said:

Presumably this update removes local accounts entirely. 

We have a local admin account setup on all machines. 

According to the changelog that @J-from-Nucleonlinked in the OP, this is just for the initial setup.

Besides, removing local admin accounts entirely would be stupid beyond belief.
The domain in my company is entirely synced to our Azure tenant, and even then we still have admin accounts for each individual computer just in case. And although rarely, they do get used sometimes.

I do all my syncing with my own cloud app and browser. Microsoft's account literally serves ZERO purpose to me. So, forcing that crap down my throat does nothing but annoys me as fuck. In fact I'm blocking most of Microsoft's connections that do this accounts and sync nonsense and stuff still works without it.

20 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

I do all my syncing with my own cloud app and browser. Microsoft's account literally serves ZERO purpose to me. So, forcing that crap down my throat does nothing but annoys me as fuck. In fact I'm blocking most of Microsoft's connections that do this accounts and sync nonsense and stuff still works without it.

That is true. They are many people who only use their phone for SMS and calls. Nothing more, nothing less. Why should they need an account?

Anyway, congratulations on your own custom web browser... but the mass number of people don't use a custom web browser.

Even Firefox, if you want those bookmark/settings/extensions sync/backup, you need a linked account.

Anyways... yes, I do understand who it sucks for individuals who is a minority. But sadly, Microsoft is no longer focused on options, but rather simplicity and cater to the masses.

1 hour ago, dizmo said:

Except that what I said was backed up with reasons, not simply "it's their platform, they can do what they want." 

Well you said "it's an LTT forum and they do what they want to self promote" as a response to someone complaining about a change. You also listed a good reason for the change right after, but that first "reason" is the same as saying "their platform, their rules".

34 minutes ago, pas008 said:

ok for starters i dont support their their platform their rules,

I do know all companies make you have an account for shit now days(see edit)

which this is no difference(I do wish we would go back to i'm just known a product key xxx.xxx.xx.xxx), I dont believe in closed ecosystems

your quote is from ltt tech news being moved below ltt stuff which is perfectly fine in my book for most part its about ltt on ltt site lol and  cause you can still use all of the forum not even signed in and if you are signed in you can minimize the ltt part

so dont take shit out of context

Here is the full context:

Someone complains about a change because it makes the forum harder to use:

On 2/10/2022 at 12:27 AM, Helpful Tech Wiard said:

The new ltt official forums are above the hub, and its frustrating because i use those often, and I don't want to untoggle this section just to have the hub at the top

You reply with:  

On 2/11/2022 at 4:38 PM, pas008 said:

its ltt forum leave it people cant scroll seriously its like going to any other website and complaining their stuff is up top

which is essentially like saying:

"it's Microsoft Windows, they can put a login screen there if they want. Just login to get rid of the screen.".

Anyway, it's good to see that you people are not championing "their platform, their rules" in this thread.

I just wish people would stop saying "it's their X so they can do Y with it if they want" as a response to people voicing their opinions about some aspect of said product. Be it Windows, the forum, iOS, or whatever.

"They can do it if they want" is not an argument for why something should or shouldn't be done.

3 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

That is true. They are many people who only use their phone for SMS and calls. Nothing more, nothing less. Why should they need an account?

Good thing they don't.

Neither iOS nor Android requires an account to use, unlike Windows.

5 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

Well you said "it's an LTT forum and they do what they want to self promote" as a response to someone complaining about a change. You also listed a good reason for the change right after, but that first "reason" is the same as saying "their platform, their rules".

Here is the full context:

Someone complains about a change because it makes the forum harder to use:

You reply with:  

which is essentially like saying:

"it's Microsoft Windows, they can put a login screen there if they want. Just login to get rid of the screen.".

Anyway, it's good to see that you people are not championing "their platform, their rules" in this thread.

I just wish people would stop saying "it's their X so they can do Y with it if they want" as a response to people voicing their opinions about some aspect of said product. Be it Windows, the forum, iOS, or whatever.

"They can do it if they want" is not an argument for why something should or shouldn't be done.

Good thing they don't.

Neither iOS nor Android requires an account to use, unlike Windows.

i'm also conflicted about the simple fact that microsoft should show cards that they can close it and make laws happen to others(google/apple/deere/etc) that do have a stranglehold it consumers and piggybacking on others work

make ios app apple gets paid a cut

make andriod app google/amazon gets paid a cut unless people sideload

make windows app developer gets paid actually you can make an app that sells apps and get a cut while ms gets nothing

so maybe windows should show cards it can close the system more so they can get a cut lol

but thats a slippery route

just shit needs to be done about it

15 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Anyway, congratulations on your own custom web browser... but the mass number of people don't use a custom web browser.

Even Firefox, if you want those bookmark/settings/extentions sync/backup, you need a linked account.

Do you not understand the difference between "optional" and "mandatory"?

Yes, I need a Firefox account if I want to sync my bookmarks. Yes I need a Microsoft account if I want to sync store purchases. The difference between Firefox and Windows is that with Firefox I can CHOOSE to create an account and sync my bookmarks. With this change to Windows, I no longer have a choice. I have to get an account regardless of whether or not I want my store purchases synced.

There is a very big difference between

• 90% of the product works without an account, the remaining 10% requires an account - This is how Firefox works.

and

• 100% of the product is disabled unless you make an account that 10% of features require - This is how Windows will work.

I totally get it if you are very deeply invested into the Microsoft ecosystem and think that it's not a big deal to make an account. After all, you see all the benefits it brings!

But a lot of people, including me, do not use those Microsoft services, so many it mandatory seems hostile to us.

Think of it like this, if most people wanted to use a Microsoft account, why do they have to force it? Google and Apple don't require you to make an account to use their OSes, yet people choose to do it, willingly. Microsoft are forcing this because otherwise people don't use Microsoft accounts, and that's why people are reacting this way to it.

I think you should let the product speak for itself. If Microsoft made it so that people wanted to use a Microsoft account then they wouldn't have to force it. It was the same reaction when Google forced Google+ to use YouTube.

I'd argue this is borderline abuse of their monopoly position. They are using their dominance in the PC OS space to push their online services in an "nonorganic" way.

It's been 2 days since the release of Insider build with this change.

The only feedback of people complaining is this one:

https://aka.ms/AAfrog7

Up vote. It's at 4 right now.

And no one seem to be complaining about it under reddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/windowsinsiders/new/

https://www.reddit.com/r/windows/new/

(They are MS employees in those threads, especially the insider one.. so if you want to be heard.... now is the time)

That would be lame. I'd hope they back on it or someone mods this. Either way I use Enterprise edition so all goodie.

In a way it's unnecessary annoyance, my main email is from MS so I need to be logged in a web browser for it anyway. Then again yeah on OS level I get why they want to do it, then again not cool sure.

But, I still don't see nowhere near flack for others like Google on Android how it requires you to log in, it would nag you not allow you to use your device normally, or forces YT login, etc. Maybe because it's a phone OS so people don't care much, I get that, then again they're more predatory than MS really I'd trust MS over Google any day.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

36 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

It's been 2 days since the release of Insider build with this change.

The only feedback of people complaining is this one:

https://aka.ms/AAfrog7

Up vote. It's at 4 right now.

You should read my status update regarding the feedback hub.

On 1/21/2022 at 11:03 AM, LAwLz said:

Also, telling someone to submit feedback to Microsoft is basically like telling someone "shove your criticism up your ass".

The feedback hub is garbage. Not only is it a clusterfuck that is extremely hard to navigate and search in, with a ton of duplicates everywhere. Microsoft does not give two fucks about it. If your feedback is something they already planned on doing, they will do it but your feedback didn't really change any outcome.

If your feedback is something they didn't plan on doing, then they will ignore you. 

The reason why I bring this up now is because I recently came across this blog post titled "Shenanigans on Microsoft Feedback Hub". The author of that blog brings up two interesting things.

1) The voting system is either glitched, or Microsoft manipulates it. How many votes a certain feedback has can fluctuate dramatically from day to day.

2) Microsoft staff are editing comments without telling the users, and since there is no way to track your own comments (like on any decent forum) it is extremely hard to actually notice this.

On 1/21/2022 at 11:31 AM, LAwLz said:

Found this comment on Hacker News that echoes my experience and views really well:

I wonder if they’d get better replies if it didn’t seem like an effort to silo feedback into a tool they control so they can ignore it and keep negative feedback that gains traction out of the spotlight.

Based on my experience I call it the “Fuck-Off Hub” because that’s where they send you so you can feel like you’re submitting feedback, but they really just want you to fuck off and stop bugging them. It’s like whispering into the Grand Canyon. No one that matters is ever going to hear your feedback, so why bother?

So it only having 4 upvotes on the feedback hub might just mean that:

1) Microsoft are manipulating the votes to make it seem like it's not an issue.

2) People have given up on the feedback hub because it's so shit (see this HackerNews thread).

3) You aren't able to find more results about it because the search function is bad or because Microsoft has deleted the other ones.

4) There are actually only 4 people that have an issue with this change.

My guess is that it's primarily point 2 and 3.

Also, even if that issue had 10,000 upvotes I still don't believe for a second that Microsoft would care. They do not give two craps about the feedback hub. 

Edit:

Holy crap, I was going to login, upvote that issue and then make a point about how my upvote probably didn't even register correctly, but as it turns out I couldn't even do that:

image.png.8adf8ca6aaf910b912fc4719174fb017.png

The shitty feedback hub won't even let me view the issue you linked to. 

@GoodBytes can you post the title of the feedback you linked? I wanna see if I can even find it with the search function. I can see some other feedback alright, like this one, so it shouldn't be my account or app that are having issues.

image.thumb.png.e1fe5aefd84aa49c2cb5404c17c944bb.png

Edit 2:

Holy crap the feedback hub is worse than I remember. It is hilariously bad. Wanna know what happens when a Microsoft employee flags a feedback? It overwrites the title and post with their flag. This is a list of the most upvoted feedback in the hub:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.2da1aa7d6503f4ca0f27dd3712213d09.png

Notice how a lot of them have strange titles like "We Need Additional Information to Investigate Your Feedback". I can no longer see the original title of that feedback item, because Microsoft overwrote it. I can't even tell what issue they were having because they not only overwrite the title, but also the feedback itself. This is what it looks like when I click on the feedback:

Spoiler

image.png.d424b205c2c842590bd9b0cbdb9650ab.png

So there is no way for me or anyone else to know what the OP of that item wrote, or if it was fixed or whatever. They might as well just have deleted the entire thread.

Imagine if the "solved" button on this forum changed the title of a thread to "solved" and then deleted the OP. That's how the feedback hub works apparently. It makes searchability and finding duplicate issues a complete nightmare.

Also, I also found this hilarious:

image.png.8bbc7d8bfeefdf39166f8a3fcbee79a1.png

wanna know what this means?

It means that no matter how many times we upvote the feedback submitted by @GoodBytes, as soon as it gets pushed out to consumers they will label it as "feedback on a pre-release version that has reached end of service" and then we need to start all over again.

"That feedback item that had 10,000 upvotes and we didn't do anything about? Let's just close that. The same 10,000 people will have to create and upvote a new suggestion if they still think it's a problem."

-Microsoft regarding the feedback hub.

What's even funnier is that apparently it wasn't even on a pre-release version this issue suggestion applied, judging by the comments:

image.png.822fb2ef5207c4376a6337f1110aaaf7.png

Not that I know what the issue was anyway, because Microsoft's comment overwrote the original submission.

Seriously. Telling someone to submit feedback to the feedback hub is a fucking joke. It is like telling someone "shove that feedback up your ass and fuck off".

It's a good thing I am not a mod because I would be very tempted to delete any post mentioning "submit it to the feedback hub" since it's not only "pointless content" but also an insult.

23 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

If you don't voice your issues in the right channel, then you won't be heard. Microsoft tried that with Cortana, so that they hear you complain in your room... but you know.... people uninstalled it.

So it only having 4 upvotes on the feedback hub might just mean that:

1) Microsoft are manipulating the votes to make it seem like it's not an issue.

2) People have given up on the feedback hub because it's so shit (see this HackerNews thread).

3) You aren't able to find more results about it because the search function is bad or because Microsoft has deleted the other ones.

4) There are actually only 4 people that have an issue with this change.

Feedback Hub mostly works. It fails when people post "I have error! FIX NOW!" or the likes without any detail information. Or suggestions is not aligned with the vision that Microsoft has. Windows isn't open source, it has direction and focus. It doesn't aim to please everyone to try and get a user using its software.

Holy crap, I was going to login, upvote that issue and then make a point about how my upvote probably didn't even register correctly, but as it turns out I couldn't even do that:

Oh! Interesting. I guess one has to join the Insiders program.

The shitty feedback hub won't even let me view the issue you linked to. 

@GoodBytes can you post the title of the feedback you linked? I wanna see if I can even find it with the search function. I can see some other feedback alright, like this one, so it shouldn't be my account or app that are having issues.

675452251_Screenshot2022-02-18103620.png.e7dfec4a6a9300a7fa4c413ad887537b.png

(went up by a vote.. so now it reached 5)

image.thumb.png.e1fe5aefd84aa49c2cb5404c17c944bb.png

Who said its not in the pipeline?

• Drag and drop was just added to insiders.
  • Another issue that is not out to insiders, but Microsoft is apparently working on it: if your task bar is filled with apps, then there is no overflow. Apps will just disappear (beside the one focused). So if you are on a convertible device or Windows tablet, you'll need to rotate the device in landscape mode to access items that would otherwise just disappear in portrait mode

Microsoft probably look at their telemetry data of Win7, 8 and 10 and priorities this feature for the new task bar accordingly.

22 hours ago, J-from-Nucleon said:

Summary

Now that Windows 11's first major post-release update has been issued, Microsoft has started testing a huge collection of new features, UI changes, and redesigned apps in the latest Windows Insider preview for Dev channel users.But tucked away toward the bottom of the changelog is one unwelcome addition: like the Home edition of Windows 11, the Pro version will now require an Internet connection and a Microsoft account during setup.

Quotes

My thoughts

Welp, Microsoft's going to be requiring Internet access to install windows 11 for pro as well. What are my thoughts? If I weren't so polite, I'd say something along the lines of Linus Torvald's nvidia f-bomb, but since I'm Polite, I'll say this: I hope that whoever thought of this idea and everyone who approved this steps on a lego barefoot. Yea, I think that should convey my feelings pretty well. Oh and this is going to be far worse for VM-users who'll have to sign in everytime they install windows. Thankfully, it won't affect currently installed versions of windows 11 pro, but this is nonetheless deeply unwelcome. I should also point out that a lot of features from the dev channel don't make it to final release, and for Microsoft's sake, I hope this "feature" doesn't.

Sources

ArsTechnica

Windows Insider Blog (Ars wasn't kidding when they said this was hidden deep in the changelog, it's under [Other Changes], just above "Fixes")

An easy work around to this would to just use an older ISO, surely? Then just run Windows Update.

8 minutes ago, AKS_Adrian said:

An easy work around to this would to just use an older ISO, surely? Then just run Windows Update.

They might still force you to use it.

Like they do when you get a update, and they ask you to use a Microsoft account which you can just skip.

But instead of a skip option you have NO choice.

I am 99% certain that if this comes around to the official release, anti-trust regulators in the EU will force microsoft to revert it.

with as main reason: You never enforced/forced users to use it before, and now you are not allowed to enforce/force users do do it either.

And anyone thinking that says that MS does not have do do jack-shit should read the following Wikipedia article.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BrowserChoice.eu

╔═════════════╦═══════════════════════════════════════════╗
║__________________║ hardware_____________________________________________________ ║
╠═════════════╬═══════════════════════════════════════════╣
║ cpu ______________║ ryzen 9 5900x_________________________________________________ ║
║ GPU______________║ ASUS strix LC RX6800xt______________________________________ _║
║ motherboard_______ ║ asus crosshair formulla VIII______________________________________║
║ memory___________║ CMW32GX4M2Z3600C18 ______________________________________║
║ SSD______________║ Samsung 980 PRO 1TB_________________________________________ ║
║ PSU______________║ Corsair RM850x 850W _______________________ __________________║
║ CPU cooler _______ ║ Be Quiet be quiet! PURE LOOP 360mm ____________________________║
║ Case_____________ ║ Thermaltake Core X71 __________________________________________║
║ HDD_____________ ║ 2TB and 6TB HDD ____________________________________________║
║ Front IO__________   ║ LG blu-ray drive & 3.5" card reader, [trough a 5.25 to 3.5 bay]__________║
║ OS_______________ ║ Windows 10 PRO______________________________________________║
╚═════════════╩═══════════════════════════════════════════╝

Just now, darknessblade said:

They might still force you to use it.

Like they do when you get a update, and they ask you to use a Microsoft account which you can just skip.

But instead of a skip option you have NO choice.

I am 99% certain that if this comes around to the official release, anti-trust regulators in the EU will force microsoft to revert it.

with as main reason: You never enforced/forced users to use it before, and now you are not allowed to enforce/force users do do it either.

And anyone thinking that says that MS does not have do do jack-shit should read the following Wikipedia article.

I don't think they would be stupid enough to do that. But, anything is possible when a big corporation like Microsoft is involved.

You do get the occasonal bUy MiCrOsOfT 365 prompt and stuff when logging in but I'm sure this will stay as a skippable thing if the user account is local and not a msft account.

Reason Microsoft so desperately wants to do this is they want to use subscription model for Windows. And they can only achieve this by forcing people to use accounts which they can then restrict and control. It's also reason why they went through their ass inside out to make Windows 11 unusable on any older hardware and make TPM a requirement to enforce the stupid DRM they'll use to "secure" all this.

Mark my words, this is their MO. They want to turn Windows into subscription based service, because all the billions they already make are not enough, they want to charge you annually for it. Maybe not with Windows 11, but with Windows 12 for sure.

3 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

Connect-your-online-accounts-in-Ubuntu.p

That is a very misleading statement. The vast majority of Linux systems do not make you link an online account. In Linux Mint, that popup doesn't appear automatically  - to get it at all you have to find it manually or launch a Gnome application such as Evolution which actually uses that functionality before it will appear in the first place. And even in this screenshot you have an unambiguous Skip button which makes it go away and not come back.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

2 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

Even Firefox, if you want those bookmark/settings/extensions sync/backup, you need a linked account.

Anyways... yes, I do understand who it sucks for individuals who is a minority. But sadly, Microsoft is no longer focused on options, but rather simplicity and cater to the masses.

Not true, unless changed? I haven't linked an account to my Firefox on my PC and can backup all just fine.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

1 hour ago, RejZoR said:

Reason Microsoft so desperately wants to do this is they want to use subscription model for Windows. And they can only achieve this by forcing people to use accounts which they can then restrict and control. It's also reason why they went through their ass inside out to make Windows 11 unusable on any older hardware and make TPM a requirement to enforce the stupid DRM they'll use to "secure" all this.

Mark my words, this is their MO. They want to turn Windows into subscription based service, because all the billions they already make are not enough, they want to charge you annually for it. Maybe not with Windows 11, but with Windows 12 for sure.

You really think they are gonna do that?

If they are gonna do that, all Anti trust regulators in the Entire EU will crack down on it, forcing Microsoft to revert that "decision".

As it is a Monopolistic decision, that will be instantly shut down.

--

Just like i expect them to crack down om Microsoft forcing users to use a MS account to use their PC.

Making Microsoft Revert that "feature" For EU consumers.

--

And if you start claiming, its their platform Their choice.

I refer to 

Just like with Internet explorer the EU can and will enforce rules to crack down on monopolistic behavior.

---

And if Microsoft does not obey the EU, they can say goodbye to their Tax haven.

╔═════════════╦═══════════════════════════════════════════╗
║__________________║ hardware_____________________________________________________ ║
║ cpu ______________║ ryzen 9 5900x_________________________________________________ ║
║ GPU______________║ ASUS strix LC RX6800xt______________________________________ _║
║ motherboard_______ ║ asus crosshair formulla VIII______________________________________║
║ memory___________║ CMW32GX4M2Z3600C18 ______________________________________║
║ SSD______________║ Samsung 980 PRO 1TB_________________________________________ ║
║ PSU______________║ Corsair RM850x 850W _______________________ __________________║
║ CPU cooler _______ ║ Be Quiet be quiet! PURE LOOP 360mm ____________________________║
║ Case_____________ ║ Thermaltake Core X71 __________________________________________║
║ HDD_____________ ║ 2TB and 6TB HDD ____________________________________________║
║ Front IO__________   ║ LG blu-ray drive & 3.5" card reader, [trough a 5.25 to 3.5 bay]__________║
║ OS_______________ ║ Windows 10 PRO______________________________________________║
╚═════════════╩═══════════════════════════════════════════╝

8 minutes ago, Sakuriru said:

Really? You entered into a volume licensing agreement to use Windows Enterprise for a monthly fee of at least $36/user paid annually with a Microsoft account because uh... Yeah, I don't think you actually do, I think you're making things up.

--

And for those falsely claiming businesses don't use Pro, it only took one glance over at my work computer to see that no wait, yes they do. Yeah, just keep making things up that fit a narrative that you agree with. It's also marketed towards businesses, not home users, with products and features... for businesses. Shocking, I know.

Nope. It's from work environment. I always get it. So since I can have it why not.

It does suck when they take basic control over lower editions in general though. We'll see how things go and will thins end up like this.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |