I can't turn off hypertheading

Hello

I have this problem, even if i turn hyperthreading off in bios it still stays on (i didn't forget to save it)

I have I7 3770 with ASRock Q77M vPro

Any ideas?

Try with Process Lasso software

Dunno why you would disable HT on a 4 cores tho ??

System : AMD R9  7950X3D CPU/ Asus ROG STRIX X670E-E board/ 2x32GB G-Skill Trident Z Neo 6000CL30 RAM ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 cooler (with 2xArctic P12 Max fans) /  2TB WD SN850 NVme + 2TB Crucial T500  NVme  + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD / Corsair RM850x PSU

Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

I'm with @PDifolco, why on earth are you disabling HyperThreading? A CPU that old needs all the performance it can get, and you're not going to see any noticeable performance gains by turning it off.

2 hours ago, DandaCze said:

Hello

I have this problem, even if i turn hyperthreading off in bios it still stays on (i didn't forget to save it)

I have I7 3770 with ASRock Q77M vPro

Any ideas?

Unless you are trying to pull a stupid high OC on cryo cooling (which given that it's not a K series chip, I doubt you are trying), you won't see any meaningful difference with it disabled, probably will lose performance. 

Now if you are seeing instability with HT, that's something different. 

8 hours ago, PDifolco said:

Try with Process Lasso software

Dunno why you would disable HT on a 4 cores tho ??

8 hours ago, itsabearcannon said:

I'm with @PDifolco, why on earth are you disabling HyperThreading? A CPU that old needs all the performance it can get, and you're not going to see any noticeable performance gains by turning it off.

6 hours ago, BiotechBen said:

Unless you are trying to pull a stupid high OC on cryo cooling (which given that it's not a K series chip, I doubt you are trying), you won't see any meaningful difference with it disabled, probably will lose performance. 

Now if you are seeing instability with HT, that's something different. 

I just like to tinker with my pc but thats not the point. Point is that i cant turn it off even tho bios says is off also i just rembered that when i tried to tune down my RAM it did same thing, it said 1066 Mhz but windows said it was 1600Mhz.

1 hour ago, DandaCze said:

I just like to tinker with my pc but thats not the point. Point is that i cant turn it off even tho bios says is off also i just rembered that when i tried to tune down my RAM it did same thing, it said 1066 Mhz but windows said it was 1600Mhz.

Ok

Well it's a 10 year old system... Did you replace the CMOS battery  ?

System : AMD R9  7950X3D CPU/ Asus ROG STRIX X670E-E board/ 2x32GB G-Skill Trident Z Neo 6000CL30 RAM ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 cooler (with 2xArctic P12 Max fans) /  2TB WD SN850 NVme + 2TB Crucial T500  NVme  + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD / Corsair RM850x PSU

Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

25 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

Ok

Well it's a 10 year old system... Did you replace the CMOS battery  ?

Definitely in the last 10 years but it's been there for about a year or two, I also don't get any warnings and when I go back into the bios it still says Disabled.