4000D Additional hard drives

Im Looking to add additional hard drives to my 4000D case, right now Both trays are being used, I'm looking to add 2-3 more, I understand some other things need to be done, but mounting is my biggest challenge at the moment, I though that I could possibly use something like the image attached, and mount it over top of the psu shroud where the 2.5 ssd's are typically mounted.spacer.png

You can mount it anywhere you can make it fit, as long as its not going to impact your GPU, assuming you have on. 

Corsair iCUE 4000D RGB Airflow Review - A Closer Look - Inside | TechPowerUp

Okay, I was unsure if the vibrations of mounting it that way would cause any isssues, ie double sided taped or what not

7 minutes ago, RotaryRoach said:

Okay, I was unsure if the vibrations of mounting it that way would cause any isssues, ie double sided taped or what not

Sure you'd better put some pads on the feet and secure it to avoid vibrations

But with 4+ HDD you'd better get a NAS imo

System : AMD R9  7950X3D CPU/ Asus ROG STRIX X670E-E board/ 2x32GB G-Skill Trident Z Neo 6000CL30 RAM ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 cooler (with 2xArctic P12 Max fans) /  2TB WD SN850 NVme + 2TB Crucial T500  NVme  + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD / Corsair RM850x PSU

Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

Me, if I want to be real cheap and lazy

- Buy / salvage eva foam, cut it to the size of HDD (cuz in my place its cheaper than an actual HDD pad)

- Put eva foam underneath each HDD (not glued or taped)

- Mount HDDs on the area marked red in the pic below using reusable / one-time-use zip tie

image.thumb.png.eeba3b7e4b3071eb1151456d9b8daaa7.png

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

33 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

Sure you'd better put some pads on the feet and secure it to avoid vibrations

But with 4+ HDD you'd better get a NAS imo

I have a older 4bay to usb but im having pretty consistent connection issues, and the other port (esata) is not working for me, Until then i cant think of another solution, and using foam+ziptie or doublesided tape for example is a lot cheaper right now.

6 minutes ago, Poinkachu said:

Me, if I want to be real cheap and lazy

- Buy / salvage eva foam, cut it to the size of HDD (cuz in my place its cheaper than an actual HDD pad)

- Put eva foam underneath each HDD (not glued or taped)

- Mount HDDs on the area marked red in the pic below using reusable / one-time-use zip tie

image.thumb.png.eeba3b7e4b3071eb1151456d9b8daaa7.png

That honestly sounds like a good Idea Im definitely going to take that into account.