Lenovo iq270ms motherboard - M.2 slot and Sata ports

Can anyone tell me if I populate the M.2 Slot will it disable any of the sata ports?
I cannot find any information online.

Scored a free Lenovo M910 i7 6700. Plan to play around with it as a home server. Install some SSDs, attempt to run a NAS with Plex and an another location for photo storage.

8 minutes ago, Artur Hawkwing said:

Can anyone tell me if I populate the M.2 Slot will it disable any of the sata ports?
I cannot find any information online.

Scored a free Lenovo M910 i7 6700. Plan to play around with it as a home server. Install some SSDs, attempt to run a NAS with Plex and an another location for photo storage.

I see nothing to indicate that they're shared.

image.png.a066690b40a18ebd6919fe4e27cd3bc6.png

ThinkCentre_M910_SFF_Spec.pdf (lenovo.com)

This is of the Z270 chipset, but it sort of proves that the Q270 chipset likely in your system is all hosted through the chipset and none off the CPU. In that case, they all share the bandwidth to the DMI, but its possible the CPU's uncore PCIe expansion is shared to the M.2 slot. My Z97 ROG Impact board does that between the PCIe 3.0 4x M.2 slot and the PCIe 3.0 16x slot, chopping it down to PCIe 3.0 8x when an M.2 drive is enabled.

Intel's 200-Series Chipsets | Tom's Hardware

I'd suspect that the M.2 either shares bandwidth with the primary PCIe connection through the CPU or is fine running on the shared DMI 3.0 bus and via the 'chipset'.

Ryzen 7950x3D Direct Die NH-D15

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional since 2017