$2,500 Ethernet Switch Effectively Isolates Audiophiles From Cash

Cyber
10 minutes ago, Salv8 (sam) said:

audiophiles usually buy their music outright and use devices that don't stream the audio data over a network connection?

There are streaming services specifically tailored for "audiophiles", that some buy into just fine based on advertised "superior, more than lossless proprietary codecs" that have been scientifically demonstrated to actually be terrible but nevermind. That's the kind of people this will be targeted at...

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

So they ran out of ideas to target gamers and now they're targeting audiophiles?

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

3 hours ago, Salv8 (sam) said:

, it'd would be useful in a professional recording studio

I question that even.   The recordings aren't going through a switch and you'd need a million dollars worth of super cables to see a benefit.

Don't underestimate the audiophile community, it gets pretty ridiculous at the personal home system level. 

I'm getting MQA vibes from this.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Had to share this here:
https://positive-feedback.com/reviews/hardware-reviews/synergistic-research-ethernet-switch-uef/

image.png.73bc54198c6f7ea4545c2774c61477a4.png

image.png.5f4da8082264a5277c93e27b7c36927b.png

https://aurender.com/n10/
image.thumb.png.dd87d2801757aa9786b3fdc908c0e495.png

Wow, what a load of BS...
So when can I expect to see Linus crying while listing to music using a 2.5K USD switch and an 8K USD media server with SPDIF output? 😆

image.png.45770d889bdf4f200fa19c1595046154.png

VGhlIHF1aWV0ZXIgeW91IGJlY29tZSwgdGhlIG1vcmUgeW91IGFyZSBhYmxlIHRvIGhlYXIu

^ not a crypto wallet

How to get IP-banned permanently from audiophile forum: tell them it's snake oil.

Seriously, what is wrong with that kind of "audiophiles" Have they really lost their mind? I mean, they already lost their mind lol

Each time I see shit like that, I keep getting the impression that kind of audiophiles are really dead inside and only qualify themself as audiophiles:

1. you're audiophile if you can spend 100K+ and millions on audio equipments

2. you're audiophile if you only buy headphones and audio gear measured scientifically in 0dB noise room

Screw that 'eardead' bullshit. Good headphones are meant to enjoy, not to trash and crap on it just because of some FR measurements.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

If you want a good laugh check this site out:

https://audiobacon.net/

This guy claims he can hear the difference between 27 power cables and 10 ethernet cables.

He also says that streaming over Cable modem sounds different than a DSL line.

Then watch videos like this with a Million Dollar system on "diamond radiators" with cables raised off the ground that was tuned by a buddhist monk with special wooden poles that create a "sonic boundary". Oh and the best part is you can listen to this awesome system in the Youtube video and experience its amazing quality yourself!

13 hours ago, Dreckssackblase said:

That's just straight up lying about what your product can do, but I guess they think the Audiophile community seems gullible enough.

They are

13 hours ago, StDragon said:

The audiophile community has always been full of the pretentious type. I really hope that level of brain rot isn't infecting gamers too.

Gamerz are the current day audiophile

49 minutes ago, dilpickle said:

This guy claims he can hear the difference between 27 power cables

Well to be honest for a power cable going to a pre-amp you can, but the only way to make it better is to plat it like an ethernet cable. This will actually clean up electrical noise. Made zero difference on a straight power amp.

Also confident this would mostly only apply to analogue source inputs btw,

I have sampled audiophile power cables and power conditioners and can confirm they don't do a damn thing and I couldn't pick out differences between cables, only the platted one made by myself. And no I never considered buying them I was just allowed to borrow them from the audio store to try and and give feedback on them.

49 minutes ago, dilpickle said:

Then watch videos like this with a Million Dollar system on "diamond radiators" with cables raised off the ground that was tuned by a buddhist monk with special wooden poles that create a "sonic boundary". Oh and the best part is you can listen to this awesome system in the Youtube video and experience its amazing quality yourself!

Yuck not to criticize people's music tasks but that's awful and utterly pointless to spend any money on to make it sound "better".

1 hour ago, leadeater said:

Yuck not to criticize people's music tasks but that's awful and utterly pointless to spend any money on to make it sound "better".

I thought listening to music was a thing you do for fun, not a job to analyse every single note by every single instrument.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

16 hours ago, Dreckssackblase said:

That's just straight up lying about what your product can do, but I guess they think the Audiophile community seems gullible enough.

No.  They KNOW the Audiophile community IS gullible.

I'm just upset I didn't think of it myself 😞

"Do what makes the experience better" - in regards to PCs and Life itself.

Onyx AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d / MSI 6900xt Gaming X Trio / Gigabyte B650 AORUS Pro AX / G. Skill Flare X5 6000CL36 32GB / Samsung 980 1TB x3 / Super Flower Leadex V Platinum Pro 850 / EK-AIO 360 Basic / Fractal Design North XL (black mesh) / AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz / Mackie CR5BT / Corsair Virtuoso SE / Cherry MX Board 3.0 / Logitech G502

7800X3D - PBO -30 all cores, 4.90GHz all core, 5.05GHz single core, 18286 C23 multi, 1779 C23 single

Emma : i9 9900K @5.1Ghz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200CL16 - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB (RAID0) - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm - Fractal Design Define R6 - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi

Raven: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x3d - ASRock B550M Pro4 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 3200Mhz - XFX Radeon RX6650XT - Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB - TP-Link AC600 USB Wifi - Gigabyte GP-P450B PSU -  Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L -  Samsung 27" 1080p

Plex : AMD Ryzen 5 5600 - Gigabyte B550M AORUS Elite AX - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2400Mhz - MSI 1050Ti 4GB - Crucial P3 Plus 500GB + WD Red NAS 4TBx2 - TP-Link AC1200 PCIe Wifi - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - ASUS Prime AP201 - Spectre 24" 1080p

Steam Deck 512GB OLED

OnePlus: 

OnePlus 11 5G - 16GB RAM, 256GB NAND, Eternal Green

OnePlus Buds Pro 2 - Eternal Green

Other Tech:

- 2021 Volvo S60 Recharge T8 Polestar Engineered - 415hp/495tq 2.0L 4cyl. turbocharged, supercharged and electrified.

Lenovo 720S Touch 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400MHz, 512GB NVMe SSD, 1050Ti, 4K touchscreen

MSI GF62 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400 MHz, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1050Ti

- Ubiquiti Amplifi HD mesh wifi

11 hours ago, Salv8 (sam) said:

but a lot of audiophiles don't work in professional recording studio and mainly just want to listen to their music.

A lot of audiophiles generally know dick about music at all. I've been a musician for over 20 years now, played in a couple of bands on a variety of instruments and styles. Never have I met a fellow musician who claims to be an audiophile or shells out hundreds or thousands of dollars for cables and gear to listen to music (they do spend it to make music though). I think the fact that most audiophiles aren't musicians and vice-versa should tell anyone how nonsensical any product for them is. At the end of the day, audiophiles don't listen to music. They listen to gear. 

And now a word from our sponsor: 💩

-.-. --- --- .-.. --..-- / -.-- --- ..- / -.- -. --- .-- / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. .

ᑐᑌᑐᑢ

Spoiler

▄██████                                                      ▄██▀

▄█▀   ███                                                      ██

▄██     ███                                                      ██

███   ▄████  ▄█▀  ▀██▄    ▄████▄     ▄████▄     ▄████▄     ▄████▄██   ▄████▄

███████████ ███     ███ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀████ ▄██▀ ▀███▄

████▀   ███ ▀██▄   ▄██▀ ███    ███ ███        ███    ███ ███    ███ ███    ███

██▄    ███ ▄ ▀██▄██▀    ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄███  ███▄ ▄███▄ ███▄ ▄██

▀█▄    ▀█ ██▄ ▀█▀     ▄ ▀████▀     ▀████▀     ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀

▄█ ▄▄      ▄█▄  █▀            █▄                   ▄██  ▄▀

▀  ██      ███                ██                    ▄█

██      ███   ▄   ▄████▄   ██▄████▄     ▄████▄   ██   ▄

██      ███ ▄██ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ███▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ██ ▄██

██     ███▀  ▄█ ███    ███ ███    ███ ███    ███ ██  ▄█

█▄██  ▄▄██▀    ██  ███▄ ▄███▄ ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄██  ██  ██

▀███████▀    ▄████▄ ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀     ▀████▀ ▄█████████▄

On 12/16/2021 at 7:56 AM, Cyber said:

Summary

Synergistic Research developed a wild ethernet switch that is designed to smooth out electric signals inside the switch in order to gain higher audio quality from audio streaming services.

Quotes

My thoughts

I can just see this switch in a few weeks in a new LTT Video $h!t Manufacturers Say

Sources

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/ethernet-switch-for-audiophiles

*insert futurama shut up and take my money meme here*

is water wet?

i don't know what I'm doing either...

On 12/16/2021 at 12:25 PM, PeachGr said:

Gaming WiFi!

Well, there can be better QoS for games, and keeping tracking of all games and their needs isn't exactly that easy.

11 minutes ago, Forbidden Wafer said:

Well, there can be better QoS for games, and keeping tracking of all games and their needs isn't exactly that easy.

You just need RGB

I am stealing this joke from a guy I used to work with ( I miss you, Chip):

"Audiophiles are the wine snobs of the tech industry. They even use words to describe their hobby that have nothing to do with it, much like wine snobs. "Oh, these mids are so photosynthesizing". If you blindly put the same headset on them twice from the same source media, they'll still insist they sound different".

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

1 hour ago, MageTank said:

I am stealing this joke from a guy I used to work with ( I miss you, Chip):

"Audiophiles are the wine snobs of the tech industry. They even use words to describe their hobby that have nothing to do with it, much like wine snobs. "Oh, these mids are so photosynthesizing". If you blindly put the same headset on them twice from the same source media, they'll still insist they sound different".

You know, there's a market for audiophile Q-tips. Because if you want the best listening experience...

21 hours ago, Avocado Diaboli said:

A lot of audiophiles generally know dick about music at all. I've been a musician for over 20 years now, played in a couple of bands on a variety of instruments and styles. Never have I met a fellow musician who claims to be an audiophile or shells out hundreds or thousands of dollars for cables and gear to listen to music (they do spend it to make music though). I think the fact that most audiophiles aren't musicians and vice-versa should tell anyone how nonsensical any product for them is. At the end of the day, audiophiles don't listen to music. They listen to gear. 

Most of the Audiophile gear is a flex. It's also a way to justify spending too much on a products. You see it in a lot of things. The example I normally use of this effect is the "whole food" craze. Almost the entirety of it is about justifying buying better quality food. Yes, it costs more. But there's an entire vanity play built around it so it doesn't "seem" like it's really just about paying more money for food you perceive as being better. 

I haven't noticed that there isn't any overlap between "audiophiles" and instrument collectors. Maybe there is, somewhere, but one is about getting "gear" and the other is about musicality and quirky effects.

On 12/16/2021 at 6:48 PM, leadeater said:

Well to be honest for a power cable going to a pre-amp you can, but the only way to make it better is to plat it like an ethernet cable. This will actually clean up electrical noise. Made zero difference on a straight power amp.

Also confident this would mostly only apply to analogue source inputs btw,

I have sampled audiophile power cables and power conditioners and can confirm they don't do a damn thing and I couldn't pick out differences between cables, only the platted one made by myself. And no I never considered buying them I was just allowed to borrow them from the audio store to try and and give feedback on them.

It is kinda funny how much money has been made on what boils down to just solving power isolation issues. For sensitive audio equipment, it does matter, but it's not the most striking of problems to solve.

On 12/16/2021 at 9:07 PM, Oshino Shinobu said:

Nah, there's already "gaming" switches that just offer a couple of 10G uplinks that really do nothing for gaming. Asus have one I think. 

On 12/16/2021 at 9:20 PM, whispous said:

Yea, your 500Kbps of DoTA traffic sure can have room to breathe in that 10G connection... to the router only, and not onward to the internet lol. I love it.

Well, steam can go beyond a gigabit of download soooo.....

Just get a regular router with 2.5Gbps and 4 antenna because your phone nor your laptop supports 3x mimo anyway.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

22 minutes ago, williamcll said:

Well, steam can go beyond a gigabit of download soooo.....

Just get a regular router with 2.5Gbps and 4 antenna because your phone nor your laptop supports 3x mimo anyway.

Yes. But downloading isn't gaming.