How do i use an android phone as a wifi extender?

Go to solution Solved by okkee,
1 hour ago, TIGER SUS said:

In hotspot it only gives option to share mobile data

I've got this option under Band>Advanced Settings. Not too sure how it is in other phones.

Screenshot_20240512_173148_Settings.jpg

How do i use an android phone as a wifi extender? It's running android 8.1.0 and i tried 2 apps, but after a few seconds it just shows no internet access (on the device i am using to connect to the extended wifi)
Please help

Are you attempting to have your phone accept a Wifi signal and then re-broadcast it? You can't, your phone has one Wifi radio, that isn't a thing. 

7 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

Are you attempting to have your phone accept a Wifi signal and then re-broadcast it? You can't, your phone has one Wifi radio, that isn't a thing. 

I remember on my old phone (i drowned it, but whatever) it had such function, so yeah, i though you can do it on any phone

9 minutes ago, whispous said:

Nope. Not a feature of Android.

Dang

37 minutes ago, TIGER SUS said:

How do i use an android phone as a wifi extender? It's running android 8.1.0 and i tried 2 apps, but after a few seconds it just shows no internet access (on the device i am using to connect to the extended wifi)
Please help

I don't think it's what you're looking for but some phones allow the phone's hot-spot to share the phone's wifi connection. So it's the hot-spot but it's only sharing the Internet from the WiFi. Works if you're only looking for an Internet connection but sucks if you're trying to share anything over the network. 

Yes, hotspot functionality is very different as its simply creating a Wifi network to share your phones mobile data, it is not extending an existing wifi signal. 

Is that what you are actually trying to do?

1 minute ago, okkee said:

I don't think it's what you're looking for but some phones allow the phone's hot-spot to share the phone's wifi connection. So it's the hot-spot but it's only sharing the Internet from the WiFi. Works if you're only looking for an Internet connection but sucks if you're trying to share anything over the network. 

1 hour ago, TIGER SUS said:

I've got this option under Band>Advanced Settings. Not too sure how it is in other phones.

Screenshot_20240512_173148_Settings.jpg